“Won't be back”
Review of Guaymas

Guaymas
Reserve with OpenTable
Guaymas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 29 Restaurants in Tiburon
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tiburon Blvd
Transit: Ferry : Blue and Gold Fleet (at pier 41) docks right in front of the restaurant, with a beautiful 1/2 an hour ride across the bay.
Description: Voted one of the 21 Best Mexican Restaurants in American, by Thrillist, Guaymas Restaurant is positioned after the original City of Guaymas in Mexico. Guaymas, Mexico is a fishing village on the Sea of Cortez. There, the fishermen journey out each morning for the Camarones Gigantes, the large shrimp, which have brought their town its international reputation. Guaymas Restaurant upholds the authentic, fresh cuisine of Mexico home to America. Guaymas is not just a Mexican restaurant, it is an authentic "south of the border" experience. The menu, inspired by the traditional Mexican foods of celebration, focuses on authentic Mexican cuisine made with farm-to-table ingredients, duplicating the flavors of the small coastal fishing village for which it is named. The seafood featured, includes grilled giant shrimp and fresh fish selections. Also featured are grilled meats and fowl, classic traditional Mexican favorites, housemade tortillas and tamales, fresh salsas and guacamole, and many other regional dishes not typically seen on this side of the border. To compliment the menu, the bar at Guaymas offers an extensive list of margaritas, tequilas, beers, wines and agua frescas, which are as authentic as its food. Guaymas offers the best of the authentic, fresh cooking of Mexico's colorful culinary heritage. Our interiors also offer an authentic environment featuring white stucco walls, exposed wood beam ceilings and a bustling exhibition kitchen. Colorful paper hangings and woven upholstery add a festive touch. There is also extensive use of outdoor seating. In addition to a full bar, banquet and catering services are also available
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This use to be my favorite restaurant. Husband and I went there tonight and had nachos. My last bite had a WORM hanging off the fork. We walked out. Last time I'll eat there.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I like the atmosphere, especially happy hour, the margaritas are excellent, and the atmosphere is pleasant, in a wonderful location. I also like the fried calamari with the spicy sauce.

1  Thank 33037Kathleen
Reviewed February 13, 2013

One of the two or three best restaurant views in all of Tiburon. A wondrful outside deck in the sun and a lovely foom inside with also great views. The food was surprisingly good and the service was wonderful . The guac was amazing and the main courses were good, although not outstanding. Full bar, nice wines. We'd go again, and like mostMexican restaurants can come up with the vegan meal.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I rented a bike in downtown San Francisco and went on a bike ride to Tiburon. I come to the end of the trail at Tiburon harbor an hour before the ferry back to San Francisco and I see this Mexican restaurant right on the water. You line up on their patio out back to get on the boat. I figured this was probably the best place to have a beer while waiting for the ferry. It was relatively quiet at around 1:15pm; just the way I like it. There were a few people in the back, and a few on the patio out back. I decided to sit at the bar where there was plenty of room. I look out back and was totally impressed by the view of San Francisco. I would go there again just for the view.

Everything looked good, but I ordered their Tamales Platano. It is two green corn masa tamales with cactus and plantain. (This was a vegetarian item). It looked and tasted like it was cooked fresh. I am not a big eater so it was a lot of food along with the one beer that I ordered. (One beer is all I am confessing to.)

By the time I finished eating, it was time to get on the ferry and head back to San Francisco. I was not happy to leave. Next time I would like to go for a little longer and try out a couple of more of their items while enjoying the view. And perhaps a margarita.

2  Thank NHWorldTravelerJay
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food is absolutely wonderful and the service is too. We had a great view of the San Francisco Skyline.