“Excellent neighborhood comfort food”

Don Antonio Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Don Antonio Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Tiburon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tiburon, California
“Excellent neighborhood comfort food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent Italian comfort food in a small(ish) neighborhood restaurant. It's about a quarter mile from the ferry stop but well worth the 5 to 10 minute walk. My wife and I had intended to eat here ever since it opened and finally two weeks ago we made it. I started with the salmon carpaccio and it was excellent, as good as we used it have in Rome. It was fresh with a little lemon, capers and onions and was an ample portion; it could be shared. My wife had the Caesar salad and declared it one of the best she had tasted in some time. For entree I had the lasagna bolognese, delicious with fresh pasta sheets while my wife and the lobster ravioli, also excellent. We also shared a contorno of sautéed spinach, fresh with olive oil and just the right amount of garlic.

I had a glass of the house white wine which was very good; dry and crisp with a hint of minerals. We also had a bottle of Allegrini's "Pallazo alla Torre" which at $44 was just about double the retail price of between $20 and $22 I had seen it in the local supermarket / wine outlet; less of a markup than many restaurants.

The total bill for the above, plus coffee (excluding tip) was $135 which I thought was excellent value.

1 Thank TiburonTony

Ontario
“Once Is Enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went on a Saturday night; the restaurant is quite small and was very noisy. We almost had to shout across the table to be heard by other members of our party. The best I can say for the Risotto Primavera (one of the evening specials) was that it was average; not bad but not particularly good either. The presentation was not outstanding. The vegetables were hidden underneath the rice and it all looked a little glutinous. Would I go again, probably not when there are so many choices in Marin where you don't have to pay an additional $8 CASH for parking -- and what's with the Christmas Icicle Lights decorating the inside of the windows in mid February?

1 Thank JaneBeaOntario
Los Angeles
“Wonderful Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I loved our meal at Don Antonio's Trattoria. The servers were friendly and attentive and the food was fantastic. We highly recommend it.

Visited February 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Amazing food, service and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've eaten here several times and the food is always outstanding. The service is friendly and helpful and they really seem to care about you having a special experience.

The restaurant is small and feels very cozy but not cramped.

There are no views but the atmosphere is so comfortable that I still give it 5 stars there.

Marin County, California
“Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I tried Don Antonio last night and were very impressed. We love Italian and spent over 3 weeks in Italy last year so we know what authentic Italian is and the overall experience at Don Antonio was just that.
The ambience is cozy and welcoming, service very good. For the food, it started with fresh, oven warmed bread accompanied with EVO and balsamic vinegar (one of my wife's favorites!). The house salad had the "I think I am in Italy" taste of an authentic vinaigrette with plenty of spices. Our entrees were very good - one pasta and the other a marsala, both cooked very well and quite tasty.
I also appreciated that they had 4-5 authentic Italian wines for under $40 a bottle, ours was $36, a relative steal for a restaurant wine these days.
Overall we were very pleased and then a bit surprised when our bill came in at just under $85!
Definitely worth the trip to Tiburon, but be sure to call ahead for a reservation, as the entire time we ate there was a contant crowd of people waiting for tables! (though they do have a few bar table spots fr walk-ins).
My wife and I were on a date night, but there were plenty of happy kids and families eating the yummy thin crust pizzas and pasta!Salud!

• Visited January 2013