Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$289
Go to your Happy Price
Vio.com
All reviews angel island fire pit san francisco boutique hotel deck overlooking the bay small balcony hotel guests bagels complimentary wine hard boiled eggs restaurant next door fireplace logs luna skyline blu fog
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2017

We needed to find a hotel near San Fransisco but couldn't face staying in the city so booked a night at Water's Edge, what a great decision. This lovely little hotel is located in the centre of this harbour side village, close to restaurants and shops. Parking in the village car park is a short stroll away. Externally the hotel is beautifully presented and has real kerb appeal calling you in to the light and airy reception area. The bedrooms are stylish, spotlessly clean and well furnished, big comfy beds with white crisp linens and bright bathrooms with lovely locally produced products in full size bottles to use. The large deck area overlooks the harbour and at night gives a picture postcard view of the sparkling city skyline. The evening wine and nibbles event and continental breakfast offered great quality and good variety, it appeared that great care was been taken to offer guests something memorable. The very best thing about Water's Edge is the care and attention to detail shown by the staff, friendly and personable every member of staff we spoke to understood that great service makes the real difference, as previous reviewers have noted Water's Edge should win awards for customer care. I just wish we had been able to stay a little longer to explore and enjoy this very special place.

3  Thank Buggsi
Reviewed March 6, 2017

My husband and I took a last minute getaway and chose Waters Edge based on rate and reviews. It did not disappoint! The staff was lovely, quite friendly and catered to our every need. The room was very comfortable and clean and the added extras of a quite filing breakfast delivered to your room along with wine and appetizers in the evening made this WELL worth the price!

Room tip: Rooms near the back deck may be noisier. We were there on a very quiet (rainy) weekend and so this is pure speculation.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank RKB1812
Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

This is our second time staying here. From the moment we stepped in the door, we felt welcomed. Greeted with a hand written note and a bottle of wine, we knew we made the right choice to come back. Lovely breakfast delivered to our room, all part of the stay. So convenient to the ferry, so if you want to go into San Francisco, no worries about driving or parking. Hope to come back every year!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie L
Reviewed February 25, 2017

5 Stars and then some!! I had read Tripadvisor reviews, but was still unsure of their pet policy, so I called the hotel directly. I spoke with Wendy who assured me that our 120lbs of love - "Mulligan" was most welcome to come and stay with us on our overnight getaway from The City. She gave me vivid descriptions of the available rooms and was very patient when I called back after conferring with my hubby, running by the descriptions again. I explained that our little get-away was to escape his work teaching and my constant work at the bar I own. Since both my hubby and I bartend we know what hospitality is and what it feels like, Wendy nailed it! Sadly I never got to meet her to thank her in person, but I know when I return I will make it a point to seek her out.
At arrival everything was just as she described, a lovely free wine and cheese reception in the lobby, a beautiful shared deck with a fire pit and commanding view of the bay and the city, and a wonderful and tastefully decorated room with a stocked fireplace.Everything was exceptionally clean and in working order. That goes for the shower too, which was large with plenty of hot streaming water and loads of fluffy white towels.I appreciated that instead of the tiny shampoo bottles that are a complete waste, the shower amenities were mounted on the wall with pump tops so I could use as much or as little as I wanted with no wasteful packaging. The bar soaps smelled of grapefruit and ginger - yum!
Our complimentary continental breakfast order was delivered at the right time, and our toasted bagels were still warm enough to melt the butter and cream cheese we slathered on them.
When I worked for the Ritz Carlton we were indoctrinated with the idea that the guest's comfort was the number 1 priority.Every member of their staff treated us like that was their mission; to those people I would like to say: "Mission Accomplished".

Room tip: Room 202 had two queen sized beds and a tiny deck that overlooked the street. We had no problems with street noise.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Parmsbuddy
Reviewed February 16, 2017

This reasonably priced hotel is right next door to the ferry boarding area and a number of good restaurants. So easy to walk to everything. We had one of the lowest priced rooms; it had a little balcony overlooking Sam's outdoor patio and the marina. The huge shared deck at the end of the hall was incredible: sweeping views, comfortable chairs and a chaise, with a fire pit. We loved the continental breakfast they brought to our room each morning. It and the evening wine and cheese are included in the room rate. Although Sam's restaurant was noisy during the day, all was quiet at night. John was awesome on the front desk, and all staff were nice and anxious to help. Suggestion: put a chest of drawers in the room, and drawers and cabinets in the bathroom.

Room tip: We liked the room overlooking the marina, but it was noisy during the day (quiet at night).
Date of stay: February 2017