“Just What I Needed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tiburon
California
“Just What I Needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I first learned about this hotel from a SniqueAway email. I am writing a screenplay about a hotel on water and when I saw the Waters Edge, I thought, "This is my hotel." But it was out of my limited price range, and I didn't bite. Then I had a really stressful two weeks, and I decided that on my next trip to the Bay Area, I would stay there. I booked a room for one night and looked forward to the trip all week long. It sustained me -- which is not a good thing for a new place. When you build things up so much in your mind, it is easy for them to disappoint.

My son and I got to the hotel at 3:30 on Saturday and were greeted by a nice, really accommodating young man. We went up to the room and were impressed by the bowl of apples and ice water at the top of the stairs. The room was small but perfectly laid out, and the bed was heaven. The balcony was little and looked out on the ferry dock, but it allowed a view of the City, and I didn't even know there was a balcony, so I was happy.

The deck on the second floor commands a great view of the city, the marina, and the hillside multimillion-dollar homes. There are fire pits with glass that are even pretty unlit during the day.

I did not remotely experience the noise that another reviewer mentioned. We were on the ferry side, and I can see how the Sam's side might get noisy, but it's like people who buy a house by a high school. What did you think was going to happen?

So, I am definitely going back, I am completely pleased with the experience, and if I actually finish this script, it is because I was so inspired by Waters Edge Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing Sam's.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank UglyDollOX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

An outstanding place to stay. With complimentary wine and cheese at 5 PM it is a great way to unwind after a short trip from Sonoma or a ferry trip back from San Francisco. Views from the back deck of SF, boats in the Marina and the Golden Gate were truly relaxing with a glass of wine soaking up the sun. Lots of shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance. We stayed here on our last night and it was one of the highlights of our trip

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Munster, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Came here during fall break on a mother/daughter trip. Our first visit to San Francisco area. We both LOVED it! The hotel is very clean, staff very helpful. The rooms are large and the beds are so comfortable we woke refreshed everyday. Breakfasts delivered every morning. The drive to SF was easy-or we took the ferry across the bay-much to do-wished we had more time.
Definitely would return and stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Annie1209
Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed for just two nights but I could have stayed much longer. Very large and comfortable rooms with fireplaces and they serve you breakfast in your room. The location is outstanding - on a pier overlooking the bay with views of the marina, the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Alcatraz, and the San Francisco Skyline! They also have a nice deck with a firepit you can sit out during the day or night. They serve wine and cheese in late afternoon. This is a great place for a romantic get away!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sherry B
Belmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Midweek at this time of year is a perfect getaway to the Waters Edge Hotel. Quiet, crystal clear evenings, spectacular views from the large rear deck. Easy walking distance to nearby restaurants. Lots of pluses: comfortable room with Dux bed, friendly workers, good wine and cheese between 5 & 6pm, plenty of food for breakfast, great location.
Our room 212 overlooked Sam's Cafe and boat harbor, might be noisy at other time of year but for our two-night stay was totally quiet. We LOVED sitting out on the back deck with gas firepit watching the sparkling lights of SF, watching pelicans dive for fish right in front of us. In the morning, we carried our breakfast tray to the deck, sat and ate and relished being in this glorious part of the world.

Room Tip: Request an even-numbered room on the second floor. The best 2 rooms are at the end, overlooking the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RosalieBelmont
Folsom, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

From maids to breakfast deliverer, to front desk personnel, everyone was friendly (not forced). Front desk personnel didn't even roll their eyes at my dry sense of humor and quips, unlike my family and friends. Room had view of marina with small balcony. Bed was very comfortable and the size of a small battleship, situated in front of a fireplace. Large outside deck had comfortable chairs, loveseats and tables with 'fire pit'. Great view of Richardson Bay, Angel Island and San Francisco.The deluxe continental breakfast was just that. Many choices to suit almost every taste (meat and potatoe lovers can walk to several cafes in the area) and more than enough food to keep you going during your morning or even afternoon travels! Did I mention Peet's coffee available most of the morning? Wine, cheese and crackers 5-6 p.m. Could suggest management consider some soft drinks.Most everything within easy walking distance or take one of their FREE bicycles to go further. If you haven't had enough exercise sightseeing, you can visit a fully equipped gym ~2 blocks away, again included in the price of your stay. Ferry to SF and Angel Island next door. Small and cozy. We will be going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 19Puma70
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

After spending one very relaxing night here I was about to leave suitcase in hand ,just about to walk out the door when I turned around and asked for another night and stayed . the staff was excellent , friendly , and the room was cozy, fantastic beds, nice fireplace, loved the breakfast .. but the best , the best thing about this hotel is the view on the deck! Even though it was a cloudy day I couldn't get enough of it.. just fantastic, watching the place wake up , hearing the birds and the city skyline .... fantastic! Tiburon midweek is so quiet. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: rooms on west side may have better views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank colleen n
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiburon
The Lodge at Tiburon
Hotel Sausalito
#4 of 4 in Sausalito
4.5 of 5 stars 240 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Been to Waters Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!