“What a horrible night! This hotel is not safe!”

Red Roof Inn Palm Springs - Thousand Palms
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thousand Palms
San Diego, California
“What a horrible night! This hotel is not safe!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you care about your safety, don't go there!
People entered into our room in the middle of the night while we were sleeping!!!!!
No lock at the door, no safety guard, any key can open any room....and the staff is rude!
I have been so scared that I didn't sleep the hole night ...
I will never go there again.
I certainly don't recommend this hotel, specially to people like me who have a family...

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 976Vero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lake Forest, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Red Roof Inn in Thousand Palms is a well-known truckers' hotel off the main highway. Most hotels were sold out on the Valentines/Presidents' weekend, so we settled for this awful place. Words can't describe the sadness of having to spend the first night of our anniversary weekend in that hotel, and paying almost $100 a night was a rip-off. Thankfully, we were able to book our second night in another hotel with much better accommodations.
The bed was very uncomfortable, and felt like a box spring, rather than a mattress. The bathroom was dirty and gross. There were two brown spots on the wall, about the size of a quarter, that looked like chewing tobacco blobs with hair coming out of it. The free breakfast was coffee and juice. There were cigarette butts and littered trash everywhere. Next time, between this place and the car..... we'll sleep in the car.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area if you don't want to hear kids screaming "Marco" "Po...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Thousand Palms hotels

Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

The room is standard for a budget hotel. It is very close to restaurants and barely a mile from the aqua caliente casino. My wife and I booked a room here as it was much cheaper than the casino hotel which is over $400 per night on weekends while the red roof inn was less than $80 per night

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank osanida
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Checked in at 1:50 AM to a room that I was told was ify? What's does ify stand for I asked, response If things work ok if not ok? Room was dirty, the toilet bowl was totally black on the inside, beds not made, from previous occupants. trash cans full, wet towels in bathtub. No other rooms avail in Palm Springs at all due to Art and Date Festival. Front desk answer to that take it or we can refund your money. Had to make up our own beds after security brought us sheets. No towels were given just bath mats which we used to dry with. And still all this would have passed , however we had been told we would get a late check out since it was now almost 3:00 AM. But come 10:45 AM pounding on the door and the maid asking us to get a move since checkout was 11:00AM. I called the front desk and tried to speak to a women (April) regarding our agreement to get a late check out, she fired back saying look lady everybody wants a late check out NO! I tried to explain but she would not listen finally she stopped when I said we had to make up the beds ourselves can you please cut us some slack. She allowed us to stay until noon. No real breakfast more like juice and the women in front again April was so busy attending to her hubby and children that she did not even acknowledge anyone coming in or checking out. The other young man was very helpful(Asian young man Chris I believe. not trying to sound raciest) went out of his way to give us directions and a map to Palm Springs. Good Hotel, great price just needs some TLC and employees who really want to represent the Hotel Line in a professional and positive manner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I'm on a cross country trip with two dogs in tow so Red Roof is a top choice for me because of their dog friendly policies (though some locations charge extra for a second dog) and affordability. However, I wasn't happy with this property. Dirty water runs along the parking lot behind the parking area, so I had to let my dogs out of a side door of the car and jump them over the dirty brown water (looked like sewage) to get to the room. I couldn't roll my suitcase through that water, either, so I had to lug it up over the wet area. The room was dark with no sheer curtain so either it stayed dark or people could peer in. Guests were loud, yelling to one another on different floors and arguing with their doors open. I had to call the front desk to get the wifi password because they didn't give it to me on check-in. The room was VERY outdated. Even the bedspread seemed like a relic. The toilet kept loudly refiling whenever anyone used water - I had to close the bathroom door to get some sleep. No refrigerator or microwave. I couldn't wait to get out of there!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the pool side - there was no dirty water running through the parking lot there and if y...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Drove into the area late at night and had to work there the next day. Couldn't find anything in Palm Desert at a decent price, so drove to this place a few miles to the west. All they had were smoking rooms, which was not nice, but wonderful room.....very quiet despite being next to freeway and truck stop. Small, but adequate continental breakfast and smiling faces from the staff. Will stay there again some day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We enjoyed this hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms clean, good value for the money and we felt safe. Breakfast was continental. Shops are in a short distance. Great location if you are on the way to the Palm Springs. We would return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DanaSl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Palms
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
#6 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
Motel 6 Palm Springs - Rancho Mirage

Been to Red Roof Inn Palm Springs - Thousand Palms? Share your experiences!