OK, I'll start of by saying that it was late at night and I needed a place to rest for a few hours before continuing on. I had booked this place before leaving so I didn't just drop in. The place looks like something from the old Route 66. It's old and tired. Since I was late, I had to check in at a window in the vestibule before going into the common lobby. I really hate dealing with someone on the other side of a glass window, pushing papers back and forth through one of those little slide things. When I got to my room, it smelled strongly of some industrial cleaning product. There was an old CRT color tv on a dresser (I mean, come on, everyone has flat screens now) which just seemed to date it some. I went to plug in my phone charger and iPad charger and the plug next to the dresser was so loose that neither of them would stay in the receptacle. (There's a fire hazard just waiting for an opportunity.) I unplugged a lamp and used a different plug on the other side of the room. I was tired so I just fell into bed and went to sleep. The bed was ok and I slept pretty well. Somebody was banging around on the floor above which was a little annoying but like I said, I was tired so I ignored it and fell asleep right away. The next morning, I took a shower in a beat-up old tub/shower. The nozzle had a leak and sprayed a bunch of water all over the toilet before I noticed it. Shampoo was in little packets which seems kind of cheezy to me. I was in a hurry to get back on the road (I was up before dawn with about four and a half hours of sleep) and as I was going to the front door to leave I noticed a pile of dirt behind the door and a lot of dust. Apparently, the maid props the door open to clean and never cleans back there. It's in the desert and there is a lot of wind and dust so it has probably seeped through the door sill and been piling up there for who knows how long. I got a good few hours of sleep but I doubt this place will be on my list again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn Palm Springs, CA is a pet friendly, family friendly hotel. This hotel is close to Palm Springs International Airport (PSP), Coachella Music Festival, Agua Caliente Casino, PGA West Golf Course and other LPGA and PGA top rated golf courses, Palm Springs Convention Center, Big League Dreams Sports Park, Desert Oasis, Aerial Tramway, Coachella Valley and the Palm Springs Air Museum Red Roof Thousand Palms features free WiFi, an outdoor heated pool and hot tub, coin laundry facility, a microwave and refrigerator in select rooms, please inquire. Enjoy our complimentary coffee-house style coffee, tea and free continental breakfast in the Lobby. One well-behaved per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn, Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Roof Inn Palm Springs - Thousand Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Palm Springs - Thousand Palms Hotel Thousand Palms
- Red Roof Inn Palm Springs - 1000 Palms
- Red Roof Inn Thousand Palms
- Thousand Palms Red Roof Inn