“Sort of a dump.”

Red Roof Inn Palm Springs - Thousand Palms
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thousand Palms
Reviewed May 6, 2008

Upon checking in I noticed that the bathroom floor had not been cleaned, (pubic hair all over). We called the front desk and asked that housekeeping come while we went out, to simply wipe down the bathroom floor. When we returned hours later, it had not been done. In addition, the bedspreads had holes and cigarette burns......classy. The bed pillows however were fluffy.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ics
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Palm Springs - Thousand Palms

Reviewed June 3, 2007

Clerk at the desk was Extremely rude. The room was smelly and very noisy. Could hear other guests in their bathrooms... gross! But the worst thing: Our car was broken into and everything was stolen in their parking lot. No one at the front desk helped me contact the police, in fact they snickered at my plea for help. The manager was not on site and has never returned my calls. I suspect it was the woman who checked us in, the police did too but there is no proof.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank waffles3
Reviewed March 20, 2007

We stayed here for a few nights in February 2007, and had no major problems. No problems checking-in, room was ready when we checked-in and clean. They even delivered extra towels to our room. The parking lot, especially in the back, is very bright at night.

By far the best deal in the Palm Desert area, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed March 13, 2007

My mom and I enjoyed our stay here in Thousand Palms, especially after the night from hell at one of the Travelodge's outside of LAX. It was clean (although we checked in a little early our room wasn't made up, fine we returned by 5pm and it still wasn't ready... returned again at 9pm it was ready. (This seems to be a common occurence here). It was clean with no funny smells. And nice a quiet. It's just a few minutes from downtown Palm Springs. And well worth the price we paid. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2007

I stayed here several times, but my last time was disappointing. This hotel is LOW BUDGET, exactly like a motel 6. It is cheap, but you get what you pay for. The room had a smell from the sink (sewer),
and never really went away during my stay. A car was broken in on the other side of the hotel, which doesn't bring a lot of confidence.
It should be a last resort, and I will only stay here if I have to, but will not choose to go here if there is another alternative.
Overall the rooms were OK, and it was quiet, so its hit and miss is the best way I can describe this place.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Jagdtiger
Reviewed May 20, 2006

I stayed here for two nights while I was attending a conference at a resort in Rancho Mirage. I paid around $65 per night whereas at the resort I would have paid $175+.

I didn't have any problems here. In contrast to the previous review on this place, my room was made up when I checked in at around 5PM, and it was again made up when I came home the next evening around 7PM. I stayed on Friday and Saturday nights and there wasn't even a problem from noisy guests.

This place may have been remodelled recently, I saw something about that in their lobby. The accomodations are very simple, but were clean and serviceable.

There was no elevator to the second floor. The check-in staff was courteous but not particularly knowledgeable, probably due to their young age. When I called the day of to make sure they had my reservations, they failed to mention that the freeway exit to their hotel was closed in one direction, necessitating taking a detour. See what I mean?

I would stay here again, especially considering the price, although I might try to find something in a little nicer part town -- this is next to a truck stop and not on the same side of town as most of the tourist attractions. There are however some fast-food places nearby and it is just a couple of miles to a shopping center (Costco, restaurants, etc.).

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank albert436
A TripAdvisor Member
Hesperia, Ca
Reviewed January 17, 2006

When we arrived at the Red Roof Inn at Thousand Palms, at about 8PM We checked in and went to our room. It had not been made up! We went to the front desk, the night clerk said it was the only room with a king bed left, and that he would have cleaned up in about an hour. When returned at about 10PM. The floor was dirty the bed was poorly made. My wife and I remade the bed. The towels were in a pile by the sink. There were urine stains on the bath tub. It was late so we put up with it. The next day we left the room and came back at 9PM. The room again was not made up! My wife was furious went to the front desk and demanded clean towels, toilet paper, soap and a discount. She was sucessful. However, upon check-out the next morning the front desk had no record of the discount and no apology! Be afraid, be very afraid!

• Stayed: January 2006
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
The Westin Mission Hills Villas
The Westin Mission Hills Villas
#1 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Desert
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Red Roof Inn Palm Springs - Thousand Palms? Share your experiences!