“Check-in and forget everything else.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tamara Coorg

Bengaluru, India
“Check-in and forget everything else.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

When I say - check-in & forget everything else, I mean it :)

It doesn't matter how far it is from Madikere or how long it takes to get there, but once you are there you can just sink in. The hospitality of the staff, soothing environment, being surrounded by nature, all the amenities in room & within the resort, neat and well equipped rooms, quick response for any kind of maintenance . What more you can ask for???

All together - A world on its own.

We booked the room for the 3 days - 2 nights package. They called up frequently before and during the travel to provide any assistance. It was about 50 ~ 60 kms from Madikere town and it took us some time to reach to the resort. But they welcomed us & check-in was also done without any hassle. Since the resort is located on the side of a steep hill, they have golf buggies and Innova car available to reach any place within the resort.

You can spend the entire day with in the plantation experiencing first hand coffee brewing experience there. There is even facilities and staff available for trekking as well- for those who wants to experience a bit more :)

The best part of the whole experience??? - I would definitely say the cuisine. There is no doubt that "The Falls restaurant" in the resort is serving the best in class cuisines which will tempt all your taste buds.

Advice to other fellow travelers: don't plan to go out to visit other places. just spend the time in this resort it self. As I mentioned earlier - its a world on its own

Room Tip: We were staying in luxury cottage, which was still having a good balcony. But if you wish have a vie...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MaithriH, GM - Marketing at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure hosting you.

Thank you so much for your kind words on The Tamara Experience. We are absolutely delighted to learn that you have relished every moment and aspect of your stay with us. Our resort has been designed to seamlessly blend with its bountiful surroundings that include not only the rich flora & fauna but also the famed Kodava hospitality that runs through the veins of most of our staff.

We are glad to learn that our practice of using silent electric vehicles for commuting within the premises is as well received by our guests as the plantation tour and “Blossom to Brew” coffee experience. Our kitchen crew will be immensely gratified to receive your positive remarks on their creations.

We hope you would visit us again some other time to enjoy more of The Tamara Experience.

The Tamara Coorg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Rajkot, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

There are few properties, where I would get irresistible to upload my view, whilst my ongoing stay. The Tamara Coorg, is one of them. What an experience!!! guys, they literally know how to spoil your habits. All the loving and humble staff, are always eager to help, you, may it be just calling for a inter-property conveyance "buggi" or a special cuisine. The arrangements are so impeccably perfect, that I tried to rational my views even with an critic eye, I failed. I am so glad I selected this wonderful destination as my family vacation that too on the eve of diwali, a festival of lights & victory. The cottages are well maintained, right from keeping the foot in the property at the reception, you can start the feeling that you are a special guest and they would walk to any extra mile for making your stay memorable. We had good experience with Lokesh the Trekking guide, who helped us to experience the wilderness and forest of Kodagu region. Guys!! if u r planning for COORG or you want to know how good you can be spoilt or pampered, This is the place. The one and only The Tamara Coorg.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MaithriH, GM-Marketing at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Rajiv,

Thank you for choosing The Tamara Coorg.

We are deeply gratified by your generous appreciation of our resort and the hospitality of our staff. Service Excellence is our purpose and it is our unending resolve to offer guests authentic and incredible experience that helps them unwind in the truest sense of the word.

The scale on which The Tamara Coorg has been conceived is what really sets us apart - in terms of architecture and harmonious adaptation to the surrounding topography. It is indeed a blessing to have discerning guests such as you endorse the values that have enabled us to stand out as a destination within a destination.

We hope you would return to savor The Tamara Experience once again.

Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The location, Coorg. I'd heard about the place but had never really imagined going there. My wife picked out the place and I made the bookings after taking a look at the website. This where things diverge from what the resort is showing. The place is better than in the photos and the virtual tours. It's truly a place to be. Within 15 minutes of being there, we lamented on the fact that our package of 4 days and 3 nights was too short. Yes, if you are taking their honeymoon package, make sure you get an extra day at the resort. You will need it to enjoy the surroundings and the the resort itself.

Let me break each aspect down so it helps you get an idea of how the resort was.

Location: Amidst a sprawling coffee and spices plantation is where the 8.5 acre wonder is situated. The approach is is good and the thin roads ensure that you don't rush up to the reception but instead enjoy the greenery to the fullest. I'm glad they've not gone into pressures of having a wide road. The resort itself is really a wonder... villas on stilts which very much eschew the feeling of being in a treehouse. The views are unique with each and they very much offer enough privacy and space that you need. The lovely flora and fauna (birds and insects) make it very tranquil and the sounds are as relaxing as can be.

Room: Having booked the one room with the living area, I must say that what was delivered exceeds the expectations I had. It's exactly as per the photographs on the website. Little things in addition that one notices at the time one sees the room made it special. It was really well designed and had ample space provided. There were enough drawers and racks to house all that one brings along and more. The rooms itself were equipped with all the amenities one expects from a five star resort in India or abroad. Being made of wood, it was amazing to notice the quality of workmanship. Cleanliness in the room was a delight since it's quite easy to have dirt when everything is natural, but that wasn't the case. It was an extremely well kept room that was provided.There's little to complain in terms of what the room provides and how it looks. This is truly on par with many international offerings.

Food: What do you say about the food, really. The resort adheres to practical ways of serving guests. So if there are very few guests on the property, you will have a sit down buffet. My wife and me loved the attention to detail, the tastes, flavours and presentation were very good. We were particularly impressed by the warmth and family like treatment afforded to us. It made the entire experience memorable. Any special orders if needed were immediately prepared and brought out. The menus itself for each meal during our entire stay were excellent. Even the simplest of creations were thoughtfully prepared. I personally liked the fact that they would prepare small quantities of the food allowing them and me to minimize food wastage. Any extra food inadvertently left would get converted to organic manure over due course. The cold coffee was exceptionally good!

Plantation trail and the trek: Make sure you definitely go for the plantation trail and the n follow it up by the coffee experience. My wife and me thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It is the best way to not only explore the property in full, but it also allows you to marvel at nature's offerings. One thing to note - This isn't a "sanitised" experience, free of insects and leeches. They are very much there and should not be looked upon as a negative aspect. Kudos the GM and team for ensuring that they kept the experience as real as possible. The trek is something my wife and me missed out on. But I strongly advise against giving it a miss. The coffee experience was a beautiful aspect which added to the charm of being at a coffee plantation.

Staff: What good is a resort if the people aren't? The staff, each and every constituent that makes up the people that look after your needs were warm, welcoming and helpful right down to the letter. The habit of greeting with a smile was one that seemed natural rather than rehearsed or forced. Each and everyone were careful enough to ensure that our tastes and preferences were taken care of and we were not inconvenienced the slightest bit. It's this hospitality that added to the charm of being at the resort.

My wife and me would definitely recommend this resort to people we know. Oh and you have got to have a couple of cups of the welcome drink on arrival. It's refreshing!

All in all, there's little reason to not consider going to this resort and spending time there. If you are considering this resort, I'd recommend it over others. In terms of pricing and the experience as a whole it will definitely leave you feeling great.

Room Tip: No room service! That's a boon to people wanting time to themselves. Breakfast, lunch and dinner...
1 Thank adityasinghvi
Dear Aditya,

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate the time and effort you have taken to sketch out an elaborate feedback of your holiday at The Tamara Coorg.

Hospitality is second nature to our team, as most of them hail from in and around Kodagu valley, whose natives are renowned for the ‘Kodava hospitality’. Our kitchen crew would be delighted at the thoughtful appreciation of their efforts to appease your taste buds. We would like to extend the credit of the resort architecture to our band of engineers who erected this marvel against imaginable and unimaginable challenges. We are glad you enjoyed the plantation tours and the “Blossom to Bew” coffee experience at The Verandah. We hope you would make it to the trek on your next visit.

We look forward to enjoy the pleasure of hosting you yet again.

New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Perfect - resort, people, staff, food, landscaping, rooms, toilets, balconies, air ETC ETC...

The location is bit far and it took us 6.5 hours from bangalore in our car, roads are bit tricky. We suggested them to put more sign boards.
Must visit. Cost is high but worth it.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MaithriH, GM - Marketing at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Alok,

It was a pleasure hosting you at The Tamara Coorg. Your positive remarks on our resort, staff, food and surroundings reaffirm our aspiration to provide the finest degree of hospitality and authenticity of experience possible.

We are deeply thankful to discerning guests such as you who go one step further in appreciating us by recommending others to savour The Tamara Experience. We take your suggestion in all earnest and look forward to serve you once again.

Warm Regards,
Kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

After exploring all the luxury options in Madikeri, I chose The Tamara. Today there are dearth of good properties in exotic locations in India. Tamara stands out for the overall quality of the resort, the layout and the design. The resort has been carved out of a coffee plantation. Though it yet to be fully operational (the spa, swimming pool and the gym) are underway, I loved my 2 nights stay in the quiet serene atmosphere.
My family thoroughly enjoy the "Coffee Trail" walk and the coffee making experience.
The entire property is made out of imported pines. The rooms are extremely spacious with all modern amenities.
I strongly suggest the management to to explore the option of having a specialty restaurant to add to the spice!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing The Tamara Coorg.

We are deeply gratified with your generous praise on our resort. We are glad to know that your family enjoyed the plantation walks and the “Blossom to Brew” coffee experience at The Verandah.

The Tamara Coorg has been thoughtfully crafted to ensure the luxury of modern comforts and the benefit of privacy while blending in seamlessly with the lush green contours of the Western Ghats it calls home. While our swimming pool is under construction, we do have a studio spa - The Elevation - that is operational and offers rejuvenating treatments.

Your feedback is of immense value to us and we look forward to hosting you again at our resort.

chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and my wife took luxury cottage for 1N an 1D. We never expected such an ambiance on such an interior place. Though looking at the distance we traveled, i first felt that i might fail in surprising my wife for our honey moon. But the resort was such a delight to both of us. Their warm smiley welcome energized us . The cottage was awesome . We took the mountain view cottage which gave an excellent view from balcony. All through the time we spent in Tamra, u can constantly hear cute birds chirping ,and the best part is at any place u will hear and sense water flow from near by river. The coffee trial was quite Unique and interesting. They also give us the coffee powder we prepared as complementary which was very memorable. The food was quite tasty. Whoever has planned and build the whole resort.. He is the BOSS of civil engineers :) The construction was awestruck . The only disappointment is that we happen to stay only for a day and night there .

Will plan to visit Tamra again for sure :)

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us for your honeymoon.

The Tamara Coorg has been created in a tucked away location, so that you may experience a world of bliss far removed from the hustle & bustle of populated places. The resort was conceived with great care for guest comfort and greater concern for the fragile ecosystem around. Our team of architects and engineers will be pleased with your generous praise. They have raised The Tamara Coorg to its splendid best against all odds presented by the terrain and weather.

It is truly gratifying to have lovely guests such as you acknowledging the warmth and hospitality extended by our staff. Service excellence is a way of life for us at Team Tamara.

We sincerely hope you would plan to stay longer and let us pamper you more on your next visit.

bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Tamara Coorg for a couple of days (2D + 2N) in October and we were absolutely delighted with the place. The property is very well maintained and comfortable. Service was very good too! If you're looking to get away from the noise and pollution that surrounds us elsewhere, this is the place. While we did not undertake any hikes, we walked the 'plantation trail' at the end of which we brewed our own coffee! Overall, it was an unforgettable experience.

1 Thank anjy66
MaithriH, GM - Marketing at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure hosting you at The Tamara Coorg.

We are delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. The Tamara Coorg takes pride in having appealed to discerning guests such as you. Service excellence and providing incredible experience are our supreme priorities. As you rightly said, the resort has been created in a tucked-away pocket of Coorg, far removed from modern civilization so that you may inhale pure air and enjoy the soothing sounds of Nature.

We are glad you enjoyed your tour of our 170-acre live coffee & spice plantation and the unique “Blossom to Brew” coffee experience at The Verandah.

We hope the wonderful memories you weaved at The Tamara Coorg would you bring you here again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yavakapadi Village
The Ibnii
The Ibnii
#6 of 21 in Madikeri
Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway

Been to The Tamara Coorg? Share your experiences!