All reviewswindow seatwalking trailsadirondack chairscalifornia coastgas fireplacehot tubocean viewking roomblack point grillgualaladeercoastlineinsulationwhalesretreatrobeslinens
Reviewed June 2, 2009

A real one off, the views amazing - a total treat for wildlife. Rooms large and comfortable, loved the use of wood and the reclining chairs with a view in the bedroom. The service friendly and approachable.

The only real disappointment was the food, breakfast was fine but dinner unless ordering burgers and keeping it simple was too complicated and over seasoned, a shame considering how good the basic ingredients are in this area, the chef clearly needs to get the basics right before trying more ambitious dishes. Would recommend to a friend but with a proviso re the food.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We stayed in a corner room, with views of white water & blue water (didn't know those terms 'til we visited CA). In our corner window nook, were two easy chairs that reclined. Aaah! Just lazing back with a book, overlooking deer nibbling the fields, barns and then the ocean. ($ 169 per night, including breakfast). To me, that was the wonderful part of Sea Ranch. My spouse loved the history of the architecture of the original Sea Ranch buildings. I was underwhelmed by our room, pretty basic. Contrary to other reviews; decent enough linens and we felt that the bed was very comfortable. I do agree that the housekeeping was not great. We walked along the cliff walk, which was stunning. We drove all over the surrounding area, finding many terrific restaurants. There is a plan (by owners of Post Ranch) to build a new lodge and tear down the existing building. I would hope to return, either way.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Having done extensive traveling in the US, Caribbean and Europe, This memorable spot will be one of our most tresured vacations ever!. The views of the Pacific coast, the natural setting and the most comfortable beds that we ever slept on made our visit here the highlight of our Napa/Sonoma trip. The food was great. The staff was unbelievable and the deer in your window when you get up were a real treat. This place made you feel so welcome and at peace with nature. Greg, the GM of the resort, took the time to explore our needs and desires. He recommended an absolutely incredible route to get to Napa which is a vacation in itself. It included 47 miles of curvy picturesque roads that intimidated even the most practiced driver, but definitely worth the time. The varied countryside on this road was an adventure that will linger in our minds forever. Greg took the time to get us bottles of water and snacks for the trip down the winding roadway. I will come back here as soon as I can possibly do so.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I can't say enough about this place...let me start with the best parts...
We checked in and were immediately upgraded to a 2 bedroom King suite with panaramic ocean views....we only paid $179 and the price included a gourmet breakfast for all four of us (we were traveling with our two kids)!! Even for off-season, we thought that was an incredible deal considering the view!!
Our bedroom had a very cozy, down comforter king size bed (literally the most comfy ever in a hotel), and a sitting area in front of the windows with ocean view. The second bedroom had two very cozy twin beds...perfect for our kids. The bathroom is small, but nice, and they offer aromatherapy amenities. Linens spotlessly clean and cozy. Robes and umbrellas provided in the room. Fresh flowers in each room as well-nice touch.
These rooms are not meant to be fancy, they fit well with the rustic lodge feel...something that I just loved!

The food in the restaurant was excellent and Chef prepared! Views from the restaurant amazing!! Drinks from the bar-top notch! Nice rock fireplace with couches around it to hang out in the lodge.

Overall, we loved the place-it was just what we were in the mood for! The only downfall, which was no big deal to us, was that you could hear people walking around upstairs-this did not bother us at all, but might bother some people.

I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank stormiestemm
Reviewed September 30, 2008

We used a gift certificate from our daughters, thank god.
The room was 325$ including taxesand a quite nice breakfast,.Large room with a nice view of the ocean, small bathroom ,my husband and I could not be in it at the same time, shower head was not working, Just told them about it when we left. No t.v, for the price I think we should have the option of tuning it on or not. Insulation needs help, we did not have any childrens around but you really could heard the peoples upstairs moving or when anyone was using the shower.
We ate at the restaurant, again very nice setting, food was good not great, fish was very fresh,service was not the most competent.
You cannot beat the location, close to the ocean, long beautiful trail along the bluffs, we were lucky, the weather cooperated, we had SUNNY day.
Overall, we would not go back, we live in the south bay, and it is too far. I think it is worth going there at least once to experience the area, just a little pricey for the accomodations.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple