“Lovely spot to visit in the spring”
Review of Sea Ranch Lodge

Sea Ranch Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in The Sea Ranch
Wilmot, NH
“Lovely spot to visit in the spring”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband, daughter and I spent one night at Sea Ranch Lodge in late April. It was a glorious time to visit as the wild flowers were in full bloom along the lodges wild flower trail. As expected, the sea views were wonderful. We saw a seal bobbing around and according to another guest, we just missed a mama and baby whale viewing.
The room we had was excellent with a nice sea (and deer) view. The lodge provided dog beds, food and water bowls, and treats for my daughter's dogs who were visiting with us.
Our only gripe was that although the lodge advertised sea walk trails, they did not offer a map of the trails. It seems to me that if you are going to tout your walks, you ought to make FREE trail maps available. There was a free map of the wild flower walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cathy K, Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you and your furry friends were able to stay with us and are pleased to hear your trip was great! We do appreciate your feedback about the maps, great suggestion! Please come back and visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 27, 2013

While out driving the coast and visiting the beaches, we found ourselves in a very remote location, with dinner time looming. We stopped at the Sea Ranch Lodge because it was the first place that we came to. And we are so glad that we did, that we've already planned a trip back to stay the night!
We started out with a drink on the couches, while waiting for a table by the windows. Definitely wait for a table by the windows! Great view, and the baby deer grazing right outside were absolutely adorable.
The staff was amazingly friendly and very attentive. The food came at a great pace, even when we ordered extra stuff mid meal. They have some great wines, and they let you bring in your own for a nominal corking fee.
The food was delicious. The Dungeness crab cakes were the best I've ever had. We ordered an extra order after the first one disappeared! The chef there, Phillip Kaufman, really was amazing. All the meats were incredibly soft and well seasoned.
We only stayed for dinner and dessert (which was excellent as well) but we are very excited to go back to stay at the hotel and try more of the food!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy K, Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Ahh, music to our ears, "A Hidden Jewel"! Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff and your overall experience. We are pleased you had a fantastic trip! Please come back and visit us again soon.
Santa Barbara
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The best there is to offer in the area....but there are some problems: Bedside lamps are low wattage and fluorescent..Bring your own regular light bulbs if you want to read! The bath room door is hung on a railing and huge gaps on each side prevent privacy while sitting on the toilet. The noisy kitchen exhaust fan resonates throughout the entire dining room and drove us crazy. Windows do not have any lockable positions while open.

While in the area...Do not miss the drive through Coleman Canyon Road to or from Occidental and Highway 1 north of Bodega Bay. One of the greatest scenic drives in California!

Room Tip: Go off season and save a lot of money and the roads are not crowded either!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rheine35
Cathy K, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your review Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and will look into the items you listed for possible future improvement. We are glad you enjoyed our great location and hope that you come back and visit us again soon!
New York
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I travelled down the coast recently and the fifteen or so hours I spent at Sea Ranch were by far the highlight of the trip. The room was amazing--from the view, to the complementary bottle of wine, the furniture, lighting, the grounds, the dining room... all of it top notch. I honestly felt like I had entered an alternate United States for the evening, a special place where nature and architecture live in harmony. Staff are great, exactly the right blend of professional, friendly, helpful and reserved. I want to go back and spend a week there.

Room Tip: There are very few rooms here, maybe 20? I walked around the building and noted that every room has...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NewYorkStories
Cathy K, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear your stay as "paradise"! Staying at Sea Ranch is a fabulous experience and we are glad you were able to enjoy all it has to offer. Come back and visit us again soon!
Mariposa, California
Reviewed February 4, 2013

After a 4 day vacation at this lodge, I can say that the staff is the best I have experienced. From reception to dining to room, all was excellent. Me, my wife and small dog enjoyed a very pleasant stay. Good food, very nice room, great views of the ocean, wonderful trails along the ocean and to the beach. Our only initial recommendation was to upgrade the internet service to the room, and while we there, a service crew was installing new interet service, on a Sunday afternoon... We will definitely return again soon.

Room Tip: We had room #1, which was the ADA room. Although we are able bodied, this room actually gives you ev...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cuestaroble
Cathy K, Social Media Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks so much for your nice review on Trip Advisor! We are pleased that our staff met all of your expectations and that you had a fabulous trip! Come visit us again soon!
Fort Bragg, California, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I wanted a very special birthday weekend & I was nervous because I don't have the $$ to throw around only to get a bad experience.
I also needed a dog friendly place with lots of walking trails.
Sea Ranch Lodge was perfect!
The staff was friendly, helpful, attentive, and my pup & I got everything we wanted to make this weekend memorable--full moon over the water from our cozy room with a fireplace, nice wine to relax with (and a complimentary birthday split of bubbly for me too), great food (especially the tuna/prawn dinner combo), live music one nite, miles of beautiful trails and wildlife.
The only downside was the price was a bit too high and the dog fee was on the upside as well. No TV, but who cares, we came here hoping there wasn't one anyway. If you forget anything there are not many supplies available-- had to drive to Gualala for deodorant, but met some friendly people & discovered a lot of fun little shops there--so it was a blessing in disguise.
Stopped at the really lovely Sea Ranch Chapel along the way, a wonderful architectural gem to see & experience.
Sea Ranch Lodge was quiet, peaceful, relaxing and regenerating. Our room (#1) was very doggie friendly, close to outside, away from other rooms, close to the car and the main lodge--I LOVED it.
Thank you, Sea Ranch Lodge, for letting me grow old somewhat gracefully!

Room Tip: Some hotels really skimp on the "dog friendly rooms" and force you into a less desirable...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
We are so glad to hear you had an excellent birthday retreat! It is a great spot to celebrate most anything. We hope you come back next year and "grow old gracefully" with us in 2013! Cheers!
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Let me start off by saying the only reason I wound up here was because of the road construction out front. After waiting 5 minutes for the guy with the sign to give me the all clear I gave up and motioned towards the driveway for this place...he nodded OK and I pulled in as fast as I could. I had spent the previous night at KOA Manchester Beach and was tired and HUNGRY by the time I arrived out front where the traffic was at a stand still. The friendly food server gave me a corner table by the window with fantastic views of the ocean! WOW...and the breakfast was one of the best on my entire 7 week road trip...so to the much appreciated chef back in the kitchen my stomach says "thank you". If I had known about this place before hand I would have booked a room. By the time I finished my breakfast the road construction had moved further south and I was able to pull back on Hwy. 1 and put my little German important through some more tight turns again! Thank you Sea Ranch for coming to the rescue!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We are so glad you decided to pop in for breakfast instead of waiting in the horrible road construction you witnessed! Come back again soon and dine and stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near The Sea Ranch
#1 of 2 in Point Arena
Terra Glamping
Terra Glamping
#1 of 1 in Stewarts Point

Been to Sea Ranch Lodge? Share your experiences!