“Paradise!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in The Sea Ranch
New York
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I travelled down the coast recently and the fifteen or so hours I spent at Sea Ranch were by far the highlight of the trip. The room was amazing--from the view, to the complementary bottle of wine, the furniture, lighting, the grounds, the dining room... all of it top notch. I honestly felt like I had entered an alternate United States for the evening, a special place where nature and architecture live in harmony. Staff are great, exactly the right blend of professional, friendly, helpful and reserved. I want to go back and spend a week there.

Room Tip: There are very few rooms here, maybe 20? I walked around the building and noted that every room has...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NewYorkStories
Cathy K, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear your stay as "paradise"! Staying at Sea Ranch is a fabulous experience and we are glad you were able to enjoy all it has to offer. Come back and visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mariposa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

After a 4 day vacation at this lodge, I can say that the staff is the best I have experienced. From reception to dining to room, all was excellent. Me, my wife and small dog enjoyed a very pleasant stay. Good food, very nice room, great views of the ocean, wonderful trails along the ocean and to the beach. Our only initial recommendation was to upgrade the internet service to the room, and while we there, a service crew was installing new interet service, on a Sunday afternoon... We will definitely return again soon.

Room Tip: We had room #1, which was the ADA room. Although we are able bodied, this room actually gives you ev...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cuestaroble
Cathy K, Social Media Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks so much for your nice review on Trip Advisor! We are pleased that our staff met all of your expectations and that you had a fabulous trip! Come visit us again soon!
Fort Bragg, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I wanted a very special birthday weekend & I was nervous because I don't have the $$ to throw around only to get a bad experience.
I also needed a dog friendly place with lots of walking trails.
Sea Ranch Lodge was perfect!
The staff was friendly, helpful, attentive, and my pup & I got everything we wanted to make this weekend memorable--full moon over the water from our cozy room with a fireplace, nice wine to relax with (and a complimentary birthday split of bubbly for me too), great food (especially the tuna/prawn dinner combo), live music one nite, miles of beautiful trails and wildlife.
The only downside was the price was a bit too high and the dog fee was on the upside as well. No TV, but who cares, we came here hoping there wasn't one anyway. If you forget anything there are not many supplies available-- had to drive to Gualala for deodorant, but met some friendly people & discovered a lot of fun little shops there--so it was a blessing in disguise.
Stopped at the really lovely Sea Ranch Chapel along the way, a wonderful architectural gem to see & experience.
Sea Ranch Lodge was quiet, peaceful, relaxing and regenerating. Our room (#1) was very doggie friendly, close to outside, away from other rooms, close to the car and the main lodge--I LOVED it.
Thank you, Sea Ranch Lodge, for letting me grow old somewhat gracefully!

Room Tip: Some hotels really skimp on the "dog friendly rooms" and force you into a less desirable...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
We are so glad to hear you had an excellent birthday retreat! It is a great spot to celebrate most anything. We hope you come back next year and "grow old gracefully" with us in 2013! Cheers!
Stratford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Let me start off by saying the only reason I wound up here was because of the road construction out front. After waiting 5 minutes for the guy with the sign to give me the all clear I gave up and motioned towards the driveway for this place...he nodded OK and I pulled in as fast as I could. I had spent the previous night at KOA Manchester Beach and was tired and HUNGRY by the time I arrived out front where the traffic was at a stand still. The friendly food server gave me a corner table by the window with fantastic views of the ocean! WOW...and the breakfast was one of the best on my entire 7 week road trip...so to the much appreciated chef back in the kitchen my stomach says "thank you". If I had known about this place before hand I would have booked a room. By the time I finished my breakfast the road construction had moved further south and I was able to pull back on Hwy. 1 and put my little German important through some more tight turns again! Thank you Sea Ranch for coming to the rescue!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We are so glad you decided to pop in for breakfast instead of waiting in the horrible road construction you witnessed! Come back again soon and dine and stay with us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Oh Sea Ranch Lodge, we miss you already. My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate his 30th birthday and left the next day feeling like we'd just been on our honeymoon. Our experience was blissful from start to finish. We arrived after a magical drive along the ocean and through the woods on a perfect gray day, were welcomed warmly, checked in easily, and led to our room (getting friendly smiles and waves from staff along the way). We were lucky enough to get upgraded to room 19, so in addition to having a ridiculously comfortable cal king bed with a hypnotizing ocean view, beautifully designed bathroom with a luxurious rain shower and awesome bath products, and cozy lounge area with a gas fireplace, we also had a delightful private outdoor space with a hot tub. Upon our entry there was a welcome note and delicious sparkling wine chilling on ice. Lovely tea and coffee amenities, and mini fridge stocked with glass-bottled water and coffee creamer. Surprisingly large closet with Sea Ranch Lodge robes (which we lived in :), umbrellas and a receptacle for recyclables (yay!). The bar and restaurant have some of the nicest and most accommodating staff I've ever encountered anywhere. Wonderful food and ambiance. Killer view. It was a truly relaxing stay. Quiet, peaceful, and very romantic. Sitting in the hot tub in the rain with the sound of the waves crashing ... you can't beat that. We were sorry to leave, and cannot wait to return. Thank you Greg and Azusa and the rest of the Sea Ranch Lodge crew for a very special vacation!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sangosez
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review! We miss you too and hope that you are able to come back again soon and stay with us for another "quiet, peaceful, and romantic" stay!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This Sea Ranch Lodge is like a dream. Knowledgable and extremely helpful staff, absolutely breathtaking views of the ocean and sunsets, every room has a view, the food is great and the bar scene at night is festive and fun. The staff was unbelievably helpful during my stay and helped me find great places to hike and explore including a place called "the hot spot". When I stayed here I came with a lot of people so I had a chance to view many of the rooms and each room had a very comfortable bed and view of the water. My room had a gas fireplace as well which made it even more cozy. Be prepared to have no cell reception if you have AT&T, but there's ample Internet and service for Verizon. It was actually very therapeutic to have no reception because it is a vacation after all. There's a place called "Trinks cafe" in Gualala that is fabulous if your looking for great coffee and food off site. Sea Ranch Lodge is amazing and I absolutely will be coming back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex O
We love to hear that our Lodge is so loved! We thank you for the review and for choosing us as your vacation spot! Come back again soon!
South Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I made it up to Sea Ranch Lodge after a very windy and at times GORGEOUS drive up Highway 1. I read many mixed reviews regarding Sea Ranch Lodge before booking. We found our room to be warm, inviting and a pleasant flash back to the 70's furniture. We had large windows overlooking the water and the bathroom was large with shower only and great sample products. I had specificly requested a non pet friendly room and my reservation was accomodated. Electric tea pot in room and coffee/tea supplies. Large king-sized bed was comfortable. We ate at the restaurant and our food was delicious. Staff in all areas was courteous and friendly. I shopped in the gift shop where they had a nice selection of interesting clothese and items. We enjoyed walking the cliffs and it's a photographer's dream. Loved our stay there. It gave us a time to relax and reconnect in a beautiful location.

Room Tip: If important to you, they have pet friendly rooms and non-pet friendly rooms. Our view was spectacu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scomstock
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad you were able to relax and reconnect with one another! Thanks for your room tip to other guests and we hope you come back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near The Sea Ranch
#1 of 2 in Point Arena
Terra Glamping
Terra Glamping
#1 of 1 in Stewarts Point

Been to Sea Ranch Lodge? Share your experiences!