“sea ranch lodge is for lovers”
Review of Sea Ranch Lodge

Sea Ranch Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in The Sea Ranch
Forestville,CA, United States
“sea ranch lodge is for lovers”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'm sorry if some of your stays were not as pleasurable as mine and my wifes its a romantic getaway spot not Disney World. Three words- Get-A-Sitter
We ate at the restaurant and it was perfection.Five stars all the way we had duck and prime rib paired with Alexander Valley Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay and it was amazing and we are bolt food and wine snobs.
We loved it so much that the next morning we woke up early and had the lemon meringue crepes best on the planet hands down! Don't let a few of the reviews trick you this place is a hidden secret jewel and we live in wine county were not tourist.
This place is perfect for spicing up a marriage the only complaint I could foresee is the price is on the higher side,but sometimes you gotta live it up.

Room Tip: pick a room with a ocean view its worth it
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ali B
GMGregH, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Ali B,
Thank you very much for these kind words. We're delighted that you had such a great time and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
PBG, FL
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our family (of 5) stopped here for lunch twice during our recent stay at The Sea Ranch. Both dining experiences were similar.... food was mediocre (except the potato salad which was patently unpalatable); service was inattentive; and there must be a disconnect between the customer/server/kitchen as on both occasions our orders were not right! Our lunch experiences guaranteed that we did not have dinner there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ljd2009
GMGregH, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear ljd,
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We consider all feedback extremely valuable and will work hard to correct the impression we left with you. We're not perfect but our aim is to be far better than what you describe. Thanks again for alerting us to this experience.
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I was excited to stay here because of the great reviews however I wish I had checked out the room before deciding to stay. The view was beautiful and the restaurant was very good. The room was not ideal for a young child however. We paid $230 a night and that price must have been for the view alone. Our room did not have a bath, AC, radio, TV, microwave, or a table. I had a toddler with me and was not offered a crib and only found out that breakfast was included during check out. There is beach access but was warned by several hikers to stay away because it would not be easy with my child. We drove 10 miles north and paid $6 to be able to walk on the sand. From the photos of the lodge, I was looking forward to have some grass area for my child to play however there isn't grass, only dirt. The bed was comfortable and room clean. Dog next door woke us up a few times barking. Won't be returning.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Alison U
Dear Alison U,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is full of information that is very useful to us, as we are always striving to improve. While families with small children are accommodated and cribs are available, the property is geared more towards couples. Our recent rooms upgrades did include changing all the beds to Kings, which makes them more ideal for couples than small kids. I only wish that we could have been more attentive to your family's needs and informing you of all the options available. We will redouble our efforts to make this communication more seamless in the future. Thank you again for reviewing us.
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Sea Ranch Lodge on the evening of my 30th birthday. It was wonderful. We had the biggest room- room 11, which has an amazing corner window seat that my boyfriend and I spent the afternoon relaxing on, drinking champagne an watching the ocean. If you are looking for an escape near the ocean, this is the place. You're far away from pretty much everything, in a great way. It felt like it's own little world. We loved the style of the hotel. The recent renovations are perfect. The bed was comfy, the window seats perfect, and the fireplace was relaxing. We had a superb time. My only complaint was that the room includes your breakfast, however the quality of the breakfast was less than that of dinner. My boyfriend enjoyed his eggs Benedict, but my corned beef hash, was watery and the potatoes were mushy and it wasn't browned the way a hash should be. It was nearly in-edible; I'm just not much for sending things back so I ate the eggs and some toast. Not the end of the world- but somewhat of a disappointment.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank wheressarawaldo
Bay Area
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We went here for dinner and ordered two plates of oysters and a bottle of wine to start. Everything was good at this point. The waiter recommended the prime rib on special which my husband had and I had the roasted halibut. When my husband received his prime rib is was cold (as if in the fridge) and over cooked. The waiter agreed and he returned it. The waiter came back and said that is how all the prime rib is and suggested to order something else which my husband did. From this point on the waiter ignored us like the plague. (we were also with another couple) He didn't refill our water glass or ask the rest of us how our meal was. When my husband's hamburger finally came out (the rest of us were done with dinner) he also handed us our check and didn't ask us if we wanted dessert. We handed the check back and asked for a dessert menu since my friend and I wanted coffee and something chocolaty. Again, he was very stand offish as if he was embarrassed but by all means don't ignore a customer! I would not recommend this place!

Room Tip: Dont eat at the restaurant
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HolleydayTravel
GMGregH, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Holley, Thank you so much for bringing this experience to my attention. We are always striving to improve and this clearly falls well short of our standard. I will be sure to contact you directly to ensure that we use this as a tool for our growth and improvement.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 19, 2012

After many years I returned to Sea Ranch Lodge and found it almost unchanged - a very good thing. Beautiful new bathrooms, wonderful beds and in-room Wifi are the main changes. The rustic 70s feel and look and the complete absence of commercialism retain the property's pristine feel. Go there to walk on the bluffs, to enjoy spectacular views of the ocean and relax. There is still no TV, so if you don't know how to work a book, go elsewhere. This place is for people who want something quiet and unspoiled.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view and if you can bring your dog. This is a dog-friendly place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Steven E
GMGregH, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Steven, Thank you for posting this review, and for capturing our setting so well in your comments. I'm glad that you decided to return, and re-connect with the area. My team and I appreciate the feedback.
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed July 28, 2012

When kids were younger, a rental home at the breathtaking Sea Ranch community on the idyllic Sonoma County coast was a regular event for our household when we could find a few days to amortize a four hour drive. Suddenly out of our (adult) kids for a brief spell this summer, my wife and I drove up the coast on a Tuesday for a few days, opting for the Lodge (and not having to bring linens, etc.) The property has aged gracefully, and seemed almost unchanged from our last visit--perhaps 12 years back. Views from the low-rise and unobtrusive facility are extraordinary, including deer in the fields and (perhaps next time?) a migrating whale or two. The rooms have been given some handsome upgrades, the complimentary full menu breakfasts were very tasty, and the newspapers were on our doormat whenever we looked for them each morning. There are great trails for whatever paced hike you'd like, and wine by the glass when you get back. The innkeeper, the storekeeper, the barkeeper, the maitre'd and the waiters were friendly, welcoming, and helpful to a fault. As the Governator would no doubt say after staying at TSRL, "I'll be back." So will we.

Room Tip: The Lodge is just two stories, so uppers may be a bit quieter. Room 10 seems to have about a 225* vi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 1West
Dear 1West, Well, you've mentioned the three words that all of us in the hospitality business love to hear - "I'll be back." Thank you very kindly for your business and for complimenting our staff. We certainly look forward to having you with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near The Sea Ranch
#1 of 2 in Point Arena
North Coast Country Inn
North Coast Country Inn
#3 of 7 in Gualala

Been to Sea Ranch Lodge? Share your experiences!