“Great food”
Review of McPhee's Grill

McPhee's Grill
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Templeton
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Went to McPhee's grill for a late dinner with my husband.We went on a Saturday night,it was so busy.I had the grilled artichoke it is my favorite,they grill it on the oak barbecue.For my entree I had the grilled salmon special it was so fresh and yummy.My husband had the wedge salad and the Ribeye steak.He also enjoyed his meal very much.I had the Carmel and hot fudge Sunday.If you like chocolate and Carmel this is for you.We go to McPhee's grill at least once a month. The food and service are so consistent.Kathy was our server,she is great.Max does a fantastic job.He cares a lot about making everything just right.All of Ian's staff does a great job every time.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Spent New Years Eve at McPhees. Great atmosphere, service was excellent and we had 2 babies with us! Husband had the filet and I had a pizza. Dessert was the best I've had in a long time. Also, one of the best wine lists in Templeton/Paso!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

McPhee's is one of our "must do's" when in the central coast area. We were unable to reach anyone by phone when we hit town so took our chances and walked-in. We got one of two unreserved tables and felt very lucky to do so. The food, as expected, was marvelous. My lamb chops with pomegranate salsa were heavenly! The wife's lump crab cake was equally devine. Service was slow but was obviously due to a Saturday night's packed house. As we discovered, weekend reservations are a must unless you are exceptionally lucky.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Quaint and cozy atmosphere.
Nice wine selection. The roasted garlic appetizer was amazing, which we mashed and mixed with oil to dip our bread in. The menu made it very difficult to choose since we liked most everything they had to offer. We opted for the cedar plank salmon special (fabulous) and rib eye served with stuffed poblano peppers (mouthwatering). The wait staff was pleasant and attentive.

The only drawback is only the restroom can only accommodate 1 diner at a time which can be a bit inconvenient given the size of the establishment.

Definitely a place to visit when visiting the Paso Robles area!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We go to Paso Robles around twice a year for the excellent wine tasting and festivals and we always find time to go to McPhees for dinner. It's always excellent and we've gone and bought some of the wines they serve as well. Always a highlight of our visits.