“Top notch food with great service”
Review of McPhee's Grill

McPhee's Grill
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Templeton
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The staff was friendly and very attentive. We went on a Sunday night and luckily it wasn't too busy. The service, food and wine list were all great! I had a Cab from Chateau Margene and my friend had a really yummy Syrah. A lot of local favorites on the wine list. Within minutes, bread was brought out and our waiter offered the specials for the evening. They had lamb chops with a chimichurri sauce. My friend was sold. I had a couple of bites of hers and it was yummy. I got the filet mignon with a blue cheese fritter, green onion mashed potatoes, and corn with chanterelle (I think) mushrooms. I could've licked the plate. Definitely going back to this place!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Every entree we ordered at our table for 6 was excellent and prepared to perfection. Great wine list as well.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Delicious food, good wine selection, super staff. They always have specials that are fun to try. Love their lamb especially. Grilled fava beans were a hit too. How about kim chee mash potatoes-yum!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I arranged to bring a party of 17 to the restaurant on a very busy Friday night. Ian arranged a prix fix menu for our group. The food was absolutely delicious. Members of our group had a variety of food, from steak to halibut, and everyone was raving. We had wonderful servers, Lauren and Brandy, who kept the food coming in a timely manner. Be sure to try to house wines which are a good value in the low $30 a bottle. All in all, we had a wonderful experience, and highly recommend this restaurant. It is a short ( 5 - 10 minutes) from downtown Paso Robles.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

McPhee's Grill is an amazing restaurant. McPhee's is in Templeton, CA - a village of over 8,000 people. The owners and staff have worked to ensure that locals and tourists feel welcome and enjoy the experience. The Scallop special had some of the best scallops that I've had in years. My husband's spareribs were tasty and tender.

Please try the sheep milk ice cream. The light, smooth base allows delicate flavors to come through and sheep's milk ice cream is the ideal complement for fresh fruits, nuts, spices and other natural ingredients.