“Oh! Ma! Ga! Amazing, stick to your ribs food, and tons of it!,”

A J Spurs Saloon & Dining Hall
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Templeton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had breaded fish and asparagus with rice pilaf, my friend had a filet, and she ate every last bite of it. No small feat for my friend, who's a size 2! When we first sat, the server brought a cast iron pot of roast beef stew (I think that's what it was) , as well as a bowl of beans and fresh salsa. You put it all together in your bowl and it's amazing! Then our entrees came. Then our Kailua and coffee after that. Then we waddled out and got in our car and spent the next four hours complaining about how stuffed we were! Awesome food, great service, the stew and a choice of root beer float or dessert liquor are included with every entree, so make sure you are starving when you walk in that door. Oh, also live music in the bar that was good!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

There is nothing but deliciousness at this place!!! They start you off with some home made stew PLUS you get a salad before you get your meal! I have had everything from the lobster to the steak to the burgers to the appetizers and I have never been disappointed. They get extremely busy on Friday and Saturday nights (this is THE place for special events, birthdays, etc.) so plan on making some reservations so you don't have to wait for too long. They don't open until 4pm but trust me, skip lunch because the wait is worth it. Did I mention that with your meal you also get a root beer float or after dinner liquor as well??? (If you're feeling lucky try THE GAMBLER...2 pounds of beef heaven...if you eat the whole MEAL you get a free t-shirt...just had a friend do it!)

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Just went into AJ Spurs for the first time in a few years and was very pleased with every aspect of my dining experience! The new manager has this place under control and it shows in each server, busser and bartender! Great place for a steak dinner, but be prepared to leave extremely full and satisfied as the proportions are large!!!
Will come back again....

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We entered AJ Spurs on our way to a wedding. After being quickly seated we waited for about ten minutes before our server arrived with a bowl of soup and two bowels. We were informed that the soup, salad, main course, and dessert were included with the meal. I wish I knew that before being seated, oh well it was too late now. Hungry, I looked over the menu and choose a bacon cheese burger and Marti selected a flat iron steak. We ordered and then started on the soup. The soup was very good with a hearty stock, real vegetables and nice size pieces of meat. On the table were some crackers to accompany the soup. The crackers were your standard fair, saltines, HiHo, and some short bread sticks. No one refilled the crackers so if you both ate one type it was possible to run out. Next the salad arrived. It was your basic green Iceberg salad with crushed crotons, blue cheese dressing, with some crushed blue cheese on top and some old carrot strips. The salad would have been better without the old carrot strips. The main course arrived. The flat iron steak was hot and cooked as ordered. It was served with some rice on the side and Marti was happy with her meal. My burger was ok but it was no better than a double whopper at BK. We asked for Ice Cream for our dessert and were served some Ice Cream that had been in the freezer way too long. The ice cream came packed with ice drops throughout. My suggestion order the soup and salad less the carrot strips. You will enjoy your meal.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

My family went to Aj Spurs for a good old steak dinner. Our Server was Arlene she was amazing. Best service we have had in ahwile. she went above and beyond and was very freindly and made our dinner experiance at aj spurs a good one. When we go back we will call ahead to make sure arlene is working. The food was great and the enviroment was quite pleasent. We will be back and we will recommend arlene to everyone we know.