“A lucky find”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed January 12, 2010

A colleague and I were in Templeton on business. I checked for local restaurants on Trip Advisor and other websites and found little. They have a few high priced restaurants (e.g. A.J. Spurs, McPhee's) but we lucked into Pier 46 which is in the Trader Joe's shopping center off of Vineyard Ave. It's primarily a seafood market but they have a small menu and a few tables. Their clam chowder is thick, flavorful, and creamy but not gloppy as some that you find. I really enjoyed the crab cakes and my friend had salmon on a bed of lettuce. We ate there three times during the three days that we were in town. What more can I say?

Reviewed September 27, 2009

Pier 46 is really more of a fish store than a restaurant, but do NOT let that stop you. In fact, it is part of what should draw you! The selection of beautiful seafood had me plotting a way to smuggle some on the plane back home. The menu offers a great variety and, if it isn't on the menu, but IS in the case, they'll happily fix it for you. We ordered the fish tacos (Baja style, of course) and the combo fish N chips, which included fish, shrimp, and calimari. The chips - french fries - were the best I've had in awhile: a delicious and pretty combo of regular shoestring fries mixed with sweet potato fries - one of my favorites. The fish was orgasm inducing and the shrimps plump and so very fresh. I went wild over the fish tacos and I'm still lamenting the fact that nobody serves them back east. If you want to eat inside, there are a couple of tables as well as the outside tables. If I lived here, I'd probably end up doing carry out a few nights a week! And, before I forget, take home a container of their fresh, made there tartar sauce cause it is out of this world!