“Best selection of high quality Zinfandel in Paso?”
Review of Turley Cellars

Turley Cellars
Ranked #1 of 29 things to do in Templeton
145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 248 helpful votes
“Best selection of high quality Zinfandel in Paso?”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited periodically for the last 15 years. Wine quality is excellent, as is the tasting room. Prices are competitive, considering the high quality. Service has been ok, although the winery is often crowded. I take that as a good sign. Recommend.

Visited April 2013

San Jose, California
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Good experience for a non Zin drinker”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I only stopped here because a friend who drinks Zin daily wanted me to pick up a bottle of Turley Zin for him. I have never been a Zin fan. I tasted what they were pouring, and considered it good for what it is. I can't imagine what food I'd pair it with. I don't eat ribs. I don’t think Helen Turley has been their winemaker since the mid 1990’s, so I don’t get why this property still bears her name. Besides, in my view her cult reputation greatly exceeds her product.

The middle age+ woman who poured was very pleasant, and we had a nice chat while I sampled the wine. The current tasting room is cold and kinda blah compared to the one I remember down at the parking lot level.

If you enjoy SLO County Zins, by all means stop in to taste.

They placed a small sign on Vineyard Rd. at a four way stop that says the tasting room is 2.5 miles away. In fact it's only 1.9 miles away from that intersection. I was watching my odometer and was surprised when the property came up so much sooner than the sign said it would. There was no-one behind me, so I braked and entered the parking lot safely. Some day someone will brake suddenly with a car behind him and people will be injured or killed. If the sign is inaccurate, it should be removed. It’s a trap for the unwary. I brought this to the attention of the tasting room manager, who said she thought they just moved that sign around from time to time without changing the mileage listed on it. Not a good response, not a good attitude.

Visited August 2013
Lake Forest, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Reminds me of the wine cellar at California Adventure”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My first thought at seeing Turley was that we were at Disneyland. The grounds and facility are gorgeous! The lady who helped us was friendly. We didn't care for the wines there, but we still had a great time.

Visited June 2013
Bristol, Connecticut
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best Wine in Paso Area”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Turley is renowned for it's Red Zins but we don't see their single vineyard selections in Connecticut....so we had to buy a case after tasting them! Joella in the tasting room was especially helpful and knowledgeable. She made the shipping a breeze.

Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent Wine Friendly People”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Turley Zinfandels, what more can you say....well the staff at the tasting room are great, providing info on the wine, talking about the local vineyards and just being nice. Not a place to run in and knock some wine back. Relax enjoy the tasting room or the patio and enjoy the wine. Really! Always some of the best Zins in California and with the range of vineyards a great place to try the different styles and influences of the vineyards.

Visited March 2013