“Needs renovation, like a Motel 6”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel on November 27th. I travel across the country for business and leisure and stay in many types of hotels. I booked our room through hilton.com because it was rated a hilton honors category 6. I can tell you that this hotel is no where near a category 6--at best a category 3. The halls are dreary and smelly, our room's heater didn't work, the bathtub dripped water all night, and the entire hotel is in need of a renovation. On trip advisor this was listed in the top 5 places to stay--there has to be nicer rooms than this.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 24, 2010

Unhelpful and imcompetent front desk staff; hallways and rooms had unpleasant odors i.e. a cross between body odor and a dank basement; horrible bathroom; don't stay here!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2010

The Temecula Embassy Suites Hotel is fabulous. I stayed there with three friends after a wedding. Everything was top-notch at a great price. I will definitely stay there on future trips.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2010

My family and I stayed in the hotel for 3 months due to home renovation. Most of the staff were wonderful and we made some great life long friends. The breakfast was great also and we felt at home for most of the time due to the great staff. We actually checked out twice due to moldy fruit being served and James (fb mgr) didn't even apologize or comp the meal and then he had a nasty attitude the day after the last time. We were going to go to the Mariot but were talked into staying by some of the staff. I actually had over 150,000 in the middle of June but when we checked out in August my points were taken away. I had it fixed by a wonderful man at HHonors Diamond desk named Garry who saw my points taken again as he was fixing them, a week later over 150k points were deducted from my balance and despite numerous emails and calls noone will call me back or fix my points back to the 387k points Garry had laborously figured out were supposed to be my total points as of the day i spoke with him. I am appauled that as a diamond member I get nothing...I have had the hotel send me my information as they can see it is incorrect and forwarded to HH, but HH will not even give the courtesy of a call or response email. I will definately stay at the hotel again due to the wonderful staff, but am now using my points up and once that happens my family and friends will all be using the Mariot as I should have done upon the first sign of problems. I have, and will, notify all the great friends we made at the hotel, most diamond members some of which have already had issues too, and friends and family and discourage their use of HH.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Location, location, location! Just within a few miles of all the vineyards. Across the street from a great little mall with every restaurant you can think of. Within 2 miles of quaint historic downtown area! We had a room on the 4th floor with a balcony to the pool, no suite just a regular room. Spacious enough for the 2 of us. Loved that we could open the sliding door and let the wonderful air in. We're from Arizona so the lush, cool air was really appreciated. The staff was really pleasant and I couldn't fine one single spec of dust or dirt in the room. I even checked for bed bugs and they have their matresses sealed off. Such a relief. Sheets and pillows were super clean. Loved the xtra pillows on the bed. It's a CA King so a tad short for my 6.3 husband but he said it was so comfortable he didn't mind that it was a tad short. Slept like a baby! Just a hint, don't ever drive CA state route 74. It's treacherous. Stay on the main Interstate if you can.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K9Whspr
Reviewed October 14, 2010

The Embassy Suites is in a nice location for traveling to "Wine Country", that being said its not really an "embassy suites" hotel. The rooms look like no other embassy suites I have been to, must be 1/2 the size. I believe the hotel was converted from a different chain and re-branded, the rooms are larger than average but smaller than a normal embassy. The size and quality of the furnishings leave much to be desired, but for 150 a night or so its good..

The lobby is nice, very clean and the staff is very friendly. The grounds themselves are so so, really no wine country feel at all. The hotel is between a restaurant, empty lot, and a freeway. That being said the inside bar and restaurant are nice for a standard 3 star hotel. The staff was really friendly and made the hotel worthwhile.

The distance to wine country is about a 30 dollar cab ride ( using the cab card the hotel gave me). It is only a 15 minute ride but its pricey at 3 dollars a mile. I did see a cab at 2.50 a mile so the rates are variable and I would call around next time.

If you're looking for minimal frills in a nice, clean, safe location then this is the place. I do believe this is probably the best hotel in the area as Temecula is "wine country" but lacks any real 3-4 star hotels, not to sound snotty but its a low grade Napa.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel needs to be refurbished. The carpet was worn & the beds didn't have the newer white comforters many hotels now have. I also question the quality of the cleaning based on some things I observed in my room. The hallways were stuff & didn't seem to be air conditioned. The air conditioner in the room kept cycling on/off & making noises that made it hard to sleep. On the positive side... The free breakfast was a step above most hotels. The fitness center was well equipped & everything was functioning. I didn't notice any noise from the interstate, but that might have been my room placement. Many people seemed to partake in the manager's reception, but I didn't try it. It is also located near many restaurant choices.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business