“Great service, culture of friendly staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We spent one night each on two consecutive Sunday nights, one with other couples and one by ourselves. The first Sunday, they were not extremely crowded so we were able to interact on a friendly level with many of the staff. Mandy, Michael, Erica and Jeanie all stood out as extremewly friendly and accomodating people. There were a few others, those are the names I remember. The free Manger's Reception and Cooked to order breakfast were outstanding and we all had an incredible stay.
As always, the rooms were very nice and comfortable and the entire property was very well maintained and comfortable. Unlike most Embassy Suites, there is not a large atrium space common area but rather ther is an outdoor open space. The one improvement that I would suggest is to provide High Definition programming on the flat panel TV's. Many hotels fail to do so and it creates an ugly, distorted image when a standard picture is stretched over a widescreen.
The second Sunday night that we stayed was very busy, President's Day weekend. The staff was extremely busy the entire time with lines for the Manager's Reception and breakfast. They didn't have the time to interact as personally but maintained a very positive and friendly attitude while working feverishly to keep all guests served and satisfied.
Cudos to the manager who has clearly developed a culture of outstanding customer service and a fun, friendly environment for the guests.

Room Tip: Rooms in south building are quieter as there is no road noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheRainman
Kellie H, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

I want to thank-you for your most recent response regarding your stay with the hotel. We certainly appreciate the business. We look forward to having you as our guests again soon when you travels bring you to the Temecula area.
Kellie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I visit Temecula 4 to 5 times a year when we visit my parents. This is the first time we stayed here. We picked the Embassy Suites because we like to have a separate space for our 13 month old daughter. We found the rooms snug compared to other Embassy Suites and other suite chains. The breakfast was good with a nice selection and the staff at the breakfast was very nice. We did encounter a problem with guest services. We were in our guest room with the DND sign on the door before we left for the day and we received a card under our door letting us know that if we want service that we needed to call guest services to request service for our guest room. Before we left, called and the phone rang continuously for five minutes. We decided to go to the front desk and let them know we wanted our room serviced. We let the front desk know and were assured that our room would be serviced. We returned to our guest room at 7:15 pm and our room was not serviced. We called the front desk and told them that we requested service to the room but we did not get it. At this point we just asked for new towels and for someone to remove the trash becsuse we were going to put our todler to sleep. The person we spoke to said they would send up someone. 20 min passed and still no towels. We called again and the person at the front desk said, I just spoke to the bellman about this and they will be right up and we will also send up something "on the side" for your troubles. I don't know what that meant but I do know that another 30 min passed and then my wife had to go to the front desk for towels and throw out our trash! Not sure what was going on, but an hour is ridiculous for this to happen. Looks like we will be looking for another place to stay when we visit my folks.

• Stayed: February 2012

Peter,
I want to thank-you for your recent review regarding your most recent stay with us. I apologize for the service you experienced while here on property. This is certainly not the type of service we want to deliver to our guests. I have forwarded your review to our genera manager and director of operations to review more in depth. We will certainly address these service issues that you mentioned and get them rectified.
I want to apologize again.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

As of the first of the year, this hotel is no longer pet friendly but oops, they forgot to tell Expedia and Hotels.com, both of whom still show this hotel as pet friendly. After a long drive to get there, we were informed at check in, with our small dog, that they no longer accept guests with pets. Unfortunately, we were pre-paid through Expedia and now had to find other accommodations. Expedia didn't believe us and didn't want to refund our money without speaking to the front desk. Lesson learned: never believe what you read online, just call the hotel directly to speak to a live person. I'll never again pre-pay for a hotel.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mary b
Kellie H, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Mary,
I want to apologize for the confusion regarding our pet policy. Due to our recent updates and renovations to the hotel, we have since done away with the pet policy.
I have personally been working with our internet management company and they are working on getting the pet policy information off of the travel sites such as Expedia, Hotels.com and various other pet travel sites.
Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this caused you during your most recent visit with us. We do hope that you come back and stay with us again when your travels bring you to Temecula.
Kellie Hanselman

Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is a great place to stay while visiting the Temecula wine country. The room was great(except the sofa bed!). Both the breakfast and the happy hour are incredible! The major issue we had was that a kids soccer tournament AND several wedding parties were in house and the management did virtually nothing to control the noise at all hours of the night. I'd stay there again, but would be sure to get a room well away from the center of the floor.

Room Tip: Stay away from the center staircase!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Kellie H, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Arland,
I would like to thank-you for your most recent review on the hotel regarding your last stay with us. We certainly appreciate the comments and feedback. We apologize for the noise level during your most recent visit with us.
We do appreciate the business and hope that we are able to accomodate you again in the future when your travels bring you back to Temecula.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Stayed just the one night and would go back again! Arrived early (11:30am) but room was ready and let us check in early. Room was very nice with new TV and having bed seprate room worked well since I am early riser and wife likes to sleep in. Grounds and pool area nice and clean as well as check-in area. staff very nice and helpful with directions to wine country and other places in the area. Right off the 15 freeway and many restranuts and shops very close by..
Might have given hotel five star but the 4th floor we were on was the smoking floor at one time and still has faint smell in parts of hallway and room , didn't bother me as much as wife but since it was only one night was not worth moving which they would have done after talking to them the next day.

Room Tip: Pool view room best, rooms on west side have some street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laritz46
Kellie H, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

I want to thank-you for your most recent review of our hotel. We certainly appreciate the business. We look forward to having you as our guests sometime in the near future when your travels bring you back to Temecula.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Enjoyed a 1-nighter through Living Social deal. It was a good deal for the price. Hotel is dated, but in middle of renovation. We had lunch at Harvest Lounge, food average; manager reception was good, unlimited drinks and snacks; it did get busy, limited seating. We had to sit at the reception lobby in front of the fireplace. Cook to order breakfast was great. Only improvement would be need extra staff at check-in during busy hours.
We will return soon.

• Stayed: January 2012
Kellie H, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

I want to thank-you for your most recent review of our hotel. We appreciate that you stayed with us for our Living Social campaign. I will forward your feedback to the proper department managers. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to host you again here at the hotel when your travels bring you back to Temecula.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We have stayed at Embassy Suites before, but this was a really bad one. The "king suite" barely had enough room to move in, first off. Then our little girls invited a few friends to spend the night, so we asked for a room with an extra bed. Several hours later, we were given the keys to a new room. Upon getting there, the room door was propped completely open by a chair and the back door to outside was completely open also. That was my first red flag. The room was NOT clean whatsoever. There were dirty towels and cups half full of drinks, dirty silverware, just disgusting. So I called the desk, and they said they would have it cleaned right away. Not switch our room, but have it cleaned. Terrible service! We came back several hours later and the room had been "cleaned", but there was still trash on the floor, even a smooshed up candy, and melted ice still in the ice bucket. Then I opened up the bed to just go to sleep- and the sheets were dirty!!! Unbelievable! We will NEVER stay at this hotel ever again. When I called the manager, she said that they were booked and could not offer me another room. They could have a gift certificate mailed to my home. WHAT? So I asked for clean sheets and the security officer brought up a set of sheets. No blanket. And she was very rude when I asked her for one. SHe said, "She didn't tell me to bring a blanket." Well, ok then. Terrible service over and over again. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Heather H
Kellie H, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Heather,
I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your most recent stay with us. This is certainly not the type of customer service we want to extend to our guests. I have forwarded your response over to the Director of Operations here at the hotel to address the situations that you noted in your posting.
Again, I certainly want to apologize for the inconvenience.