“Good Bargain”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Huntington Beach, Ca
“Good Bargain”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We quite often stay here when we visit Temecula Wine Country. Very good rates.
For an economy hotel it is very clean and comfortable. It is 3 stories with outside corridors
Offers the amenities of more expensive hotels in the area.
Free "hot" breakfast and newspaper. Friendly, courteous, helpful staff.
Found beds and bedding to be very comfortable.

Room Tip: Recommend 2nd floor. First floor is where cars are parked.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hungarian first
Leicester England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here having booked blind. The Hotel staff were exceptionally welcoming on any occasion we encountered them. The hotel was typical of its type and had all amenities you would expect.
Our room was clean and the King bed was massive and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was basic but sufficient though its popularity meant seating was hard to come by and grabbing and going was a better option, especially if screaming brats is not your thang.
The pool was nice on a hot afternoon though the hot tub tiles looked a little in need of a scrub or lick of paint, but the water was warm, bubbling and soothing.
The fridge did freeze my Pepsi Im guessing the setting wasnt working correctly. A guest laundry room is available though lack of signage makes it awkward to find and it is small. Powder etc is available to buy via reception.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Temecula, California
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights. We were able to get a suite of sorts near the office. It was laid out a little odd but worked great with kids. They also are per friendly, which is awesome as we had our dog. Most reasonable hotel that was also pet friendly.

So dated and not the cleanest, but it is clean...and overall the staff are friendly and in my opinion it is an excellent value!

• Stayed June 2012
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Inn in Temecula for 3 nights in August 2012. We had a wonderful stay! I forgot my toothbrush and they quickly supplied me with a free toothbrush and toothpaste. We ALSO forgot to mail in our rent check before we left home and the front office provided us with a FREE envelope and stamp! The breakfast served in the lobby has an excellent selection of foods and our favorite part was sharing a room with our two dogs. The hotel staff was very friendly and always greeted us and our dogs with a smile.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
missouri
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is the best Quality Inn that we have stayed in. The rooms have be refreshed and are exceptional. Clean and very nicely decorated. The service was the best of any hotel we stayed with on our vacation. The price was also very reasonable through "Choice Hotel" reservations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

In usually cautious with my criticsm of bad hotels, but on this I will not be kind. $178 for this king room was horribly overpriced when you can stay at winery properties that are new and beautiful for $199.00. This hotel needs serious updating and when they say "non smoking rooms", they must mean "not smoked in recently". The rooms reeked of smoke and mustiness!! They obviously don't segregate the pet rooms as our bathroom had teeth marks on the doorjam from a pet trying to eat its way out of the restroom. Yuck. I don't want to sleep where pets sleep. The only good thing I could say was the staff was friendly!!! Stay anywhere else. You will be happier!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank KWelker
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have been staying in the Quality Inn-wine Country in Temecula area for some work I am doing for one night a week for many months. Temecula is 1-1/2 to 2 hours from my home so I was looking for a place to stay that was reasonably priced and had the amenities I wanted. I tried about six other hotels in the area and have settled on this one. The staff now knows me by name and we look forward to meeting each week. It is a friendly place to say the least. What I enjoy about this place was the clean rooms, nice beds with lots of fluffy pillows, nice shower and a breakfast that suits me. (I have a weakness for sausage, biscuits and gravy.) The other hotels had beds that were too hard, wimpy showers and a minimalist breakfast for a higher price.
For dinner, there are several little restaurants in the area but Temecula seems to roll up the sidewalks early around 9:00 PM so do not wait too long. There is Stadium pizza just next door that serves a nice meal up until 10:00 PM. The price is very reasonable and sometimes I get a room for $57.00 if I book early enough and get the discount offered. If the area is hot with events (eg. Little League baseball) rooms can be near impossible to get. If you are a Choice Rewards member, you can call the hotel directly and they may have an extra room for you.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms near the elevator so you don't get put by the freeway. Even if you do, the rooms a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business