“Overpriced, outdated dump”

Quality Inn Temecula Wine Country
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 26, 2012

In usually cautious with my criticsm of bad hotels, but on this I will not be kind. $178 for this king room was horribly overpriced when you can stay at winery properties that are new and beautiful for $199.00. This hotel needs serious updating and when they say "non smoking rooms", they must mean "not smoked in recently". The rooms reeked of smoke and mustiness!! They obviously don't segregate the pet rooms as our bathroom had teeth marks on the doorjam from a pet trying to eat its way out of the restroom. Yuck. I don't want to sleep where pets sleep. The only good thing I could say was the staff was friendly!!! Stay anywhere else. You will be happier!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank KWelker

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have been staying in the Quality Inn-wine Country in Temecula area for some work I am doing for one night a week for many months. Temecula is 1-1/2 to 2 hours from my home so I was looking for a place to stay that was reasonably priced and had the amenities I wanted. I tried about six other hotels in the area and have settled on this one. The staff now knows me by name and we look forward to meeting each week. It is a friendly place to say the least. What I enjoy about this place was the clean rooms, nice beds with lots of fluffy pillows, nice shower and a breakfast that suits me. (I have a weakness for sausage, biscuits and gravy.) The other hotels had beds that were too hard, wimpy showers and a minimalist breakfast for a higher price.
For dinner, there are several little restaurants in the area but Temecula seems to roll up the sidewalks early around 9:00 PM so do not wait too long. There is Stadium pizza just next door that serves a nice meal up until 10:00 PM. The price is very reasonable and sometimes I get a room for $57.00 if I book early enough and get the discount offered. If the area is hot with events (eg. Little League baseball) rooms can be near impossible to get. If you are a Choice Rewards member, you can call the hotel directly and they may have an extra room for you.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms near the elevator so you don't get put by the freeway. Even if you do, the rooms a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Nice hotel very helpful staff. Good location with plenty of activities close by. Breakfast was also good in the morning. Great value for your money. Staff was very eager to make sure we were comfortable..

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Clean nice rooms, friendly staff, good location, good price, better than average continental breakfast, quiet during our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side, opposite side from the office, are quieter than the office side rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights, and don't really have any major complains, except were told we could not take the hot prepared continental breakfast to our room to enjoy. My husband and I would rather eat our continental breakfast in our room, in our PJ's, then in a room with a bunch of strangers. Also, sometime while I am getting ready, and my husband will bring my breakfast up, to save time, but couldn't do that there. I have to admit, the breakfast room was very nice and well stocked with tasty food, just not able to take it out. The beds were very comfortable, and I slept well. Our shower head was older, and not adjustable, so the water flow was low, but I had a friend who stayed there who had an adjustable one with good flow, I guess you just have to have the right room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an adjustable shower head, if you like your water flow strong ---- TIP- If you...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We were horrified to find out this was the hotel we had won through priceline cheap price or not. The hotel is tucked behind an old strip mall directly against the freeway. The noise from the freeway was so lound and kept us both up all night. The hotel was old and dingy and the other guests staying there were "questionable" to say the least, and we were very concerned for our property and vehicle. We were counting down the minutes until we could check out. They do have a free breakfast and parking if that is a selling point for you.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luv2travel1980
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights, chose the 2 Q beds to share with another couple and cut costs. It works out if you're REALLY good friends :) otherwise with one bathroom it can get tight. We were happy with the size of the room, the dining table made it nice to spread out, has a fridge and microwave and coffee pot, coffee served all day in the lobby. Breakfast was great, make your own waffles! Eggs, sausage and the usual continental stuff. We were wine tasting so didn't really need a whole lot. Kudos to the front desk staff for their customer service and welcoming attitude! We were surprised since we had bad experiences staying at another Choice Hotel location, so thank you for making our stay pleasant!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger but noisy from the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends