“Tasty Tasty” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Temecula, California
“Tasty Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The wings are finger-licking good. You can't be neat eating at Sweet Lumpy's BBQ, the food will find a way to get all over your face.

Visited July 2013

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Surprisingly good BBQ joint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm from NC where we are very serious about BBQ. While I have enjoyed traveling to other parts of the country and experiancing their take on BBQ, I am still very skeptical when I visit a new place. This place passed with flying colors.

Good BBQ with smoke (Mesquite & Hickory) including pulled pork, beef brisket, ribs, chicken, etc... Delicious sides too. Nice portions.

Located in "Old Town" Temecula, this is a nice place to feed your face.

• Visited July 2013
Temecula, California
“BBQ NOT at it's finest”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The wife and I had a taste for BBQ yesterday and my wife remembered a Groupon or Dealpalooza deal she had ($15 for $30 of food) so we decided to try it again. Last time we were here about a year ago it was good, nothing special but not bad either so we figured what the heck. For $15 it's gotta be at least OK, well we were kinda right, it was barely OK. You walk in through a big, very under utilized patio that they really need to work on and into the restaurant that needs some serious redecorating. We were brought to a booth that could have been a little bigger and sat for a while (at least 5 minutes) before we were greeted by our server. I noticed that there was no rhyme or reason as to how tables were assigned to servers because they all seemed to be taking tables all over the place. Turns out the guy that sat us had the table next to us and right on the other side of us but was not that same as our server who also seemed to have tables in other sections as well. This led to lackluster service. I had a couple of basic questions for our server like on there chili on the chili burger weather it was home made or not. She didn't know and said to me, in kind of a condescending way, hmmm I'm not sure, I think so, but never offered to go back to the kitchen to find out. We also asked about the mac and cheese or one of the other sides and pretty much got the same type of response. I want servers that are trained! Is it too much to ask in a BBQ joint (or any restaurant) what kind of wood they use or how long a certain meat is smoked? I asked her what her favorite burger was and I was told that she's not a big meat eater but such and such but we serve a lot of this one. I clearly wanted some help but she wasn't picking up on it I guess. Anyways we finally ordered after deciding that my wife would get the pulled pork platter and I would get the BBQ burger and we would share. I wanted the burger medium rare and it came to the table more medium with cold limp fries. The pork platter looked OK and we had to guess about the BBQ sauce which I found to be kind of watery. The flavor on the burger was OK but was too lean so it didn't have a big flavor and our server did finally bring me some hot fries about midway through the meal. As far as the pulled pork goes it was pretty bland. Not a whole lot of smoke flavor to it and it just seemed like something was missing. I love pulled pork and smoke a few shoulders throughout the year on special occasions when I have an extra 12 to 14 hours to do it and know good pulled pork. This was fair at best. The sides were OK but nothing to write home about. The mac and cheese was good but a little dry, the cornbread was dry and crumbly and too sweet and the coleslaw was bland and could have used at least a few more hours in the fridge pulling all the flavors together but does have potential and the beans were mediocre at best. I should also mention the iced tea. I ALWAYS order iced tea at every restaurant we go to and drink way too much of it and it tasted like it wasn't really fresh. Although I could see the big brewers so I know they make it fresh, I don't think they clean the containers and just keep adding to it. I know this is being picky but like I said, I drink a lot of tea and this is an easy remedy. There are tons of tea choices at restaurants these days and when you pay about $3 on average, it should be fresh. I guess what I'm saying is if your looking for a quick average BBQ fix, this may or may not work for you, just don't expect the best.
I really hope they take my advice and do something about the patio. we need more good patios in town and this one has real potential to be a good one.
Overall I we got what we paid for. $15 because it was the coupon and it definitely wouldn't have been worth $30.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank moopup
New York City, New York
“Terrible BBQ!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Since the reviews on this place were pretty mixed we decided to try it out while visiting Temecula and I must say it was one of the worst meals I've ever eaten. I have had a lot of BBQ all over the country so I know what good babyback ribs are supposed to taste like. These were absolutely INEDIBLE and would NEVER pass for babyback ribs in a legit BBQ restaurant. First of all, there was SO much fat on the ribs - probably more fat than actual meat. And second, the sauce tasted just like ketchup, it had none of the flavors that you would expect from a good barbeque sauce. We actually had to send our first plate back because the ribs they served us were cold. Then when the waitress came to clear our plates she obviously noticed that most of the "ribs" were still on the plate (because they were too disgusting to eat!). The weird thing was that she never asked how our meal was...probably because she knows that the food they serve is terrible. Oh, and the beans tasted like they were right out of the can.
It's pretty shocking that a restaurant can care so little about the food they are serving to their customers. Why go to all the trouble of opening and running a restaurant if you aren't going to put any pride and effort into preparing food that actually tastes good? I would advise anyone and everyone to stay away from this place. Absolutely awful.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sarahkg01
“Cute place but some flavor is missing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

First time here. Saw the awards for the bbq and decided to try it. The bbq sauces are delicious however the ribs are just standard. I did not taste the smokey flavor. Had the pork ribs and honestly it was average. Not to toot my own horn but I make them better at home. I flavor the ribs when I cook them and the sauce can go on it. Here, it seemed like without the sauce the ribs are blah. Don't get me wrong I like ribs with dry rub or regular but they need some flavor. They just had the pork taste and that is all. Just average flavor but the cooking consistency was done correctly. The baked beans are shameful. Cheap can food. I would not even serve them. Better to leave it off the menu than to ruin something that can be potentially a good meal. The corn bread was a cheap brand as well. I had the 3 different sausages and they were ok. The sweet potatoes were fine and the sweet potato fries were good. The sweet tea was brewed right. The potato salad was very well made and had a nice flavor. Everything was very fresh and served at the proper temperature. Tables and floors were fairly clean and the restrooms were very clean. That was nice to see. Overall, service was fine. Our waitress was a bit slow in the beginning but once we ordered the food she was on top of things. She was very friendly and served us with a great big smile. Without her nice attitude I would give 3 stars to the meal and the restaurant because the food was a little better than average to me. I still think you should try the food here because the bbq sauce was fantastic. I wonder if they sell it... I can make my ribs and use it on them. Yummy idea.

• Visited May 2013