“A Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Temecula
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The Hotel was clean and quiet. I had a very enjoyable stay after a long night of driving.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank leroy8leroy8

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Read the fine print before booking at this hotel. Made reservation for 2 different set of dates at this hotel and another one in Temecula. Decided to stay at the hotel, cancelled both reservations at this hotel a month in advance. Imagine my surprise when ONE MONTH after my trip I was charged $398. Called to talk to manager and have left several messages and no return calls. Also emailed corporate office, they said local hotel would have to address my issue. STAY AT A MARRIOTT, you can cancel the same day as arrival and not be charged. Will never stay at a Holiday Inn again.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Julia F
Kunal K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear Ms. Fisher,

Thank you for sharing your concern about the rate policies that are in effect through the Intercontinental Hotel Group's chain of Hotels. As you may have been conveyed by corporate by now through various medium, Advance Purchase and other discount categories cater to travelers with different needs. Those who require deeper discounts are offered such rates with certain restrictions and policies which are explicit on the booking page. We have had several guests on a daily basis who book through such categories and while such aspects can be overlooked sometimes, we are bound by what the brand standards and policies are with respect to the rates that are offered to guests.
While we appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience the charges have caused to you, we are a franchise hotel that follows the general policies laid out by the brand.

Our Room quality, amenities and service are aspects that we are in control of and in those aspects, we can ensure utmost customer satisfaction.

Thanks,
Kunal Khandwala
Holiday Inn Express Temecula

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Only stayed here for one night but could have stayed much longer. Comfortable modern amenities, very clean and complementary breakfast. Our rate was also very reasonable. Would defiantly return!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Oleander805
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This was a horrible hotel visit for me. I requested a quiet room with my reservation and again upon check-in, but was assigned a room adjacent to the freeway (when I say adjacent, I mean very, very, very close). The noise was absolutely awful and kept me awake almost the entire night. I was told the next morning that the rooms on the opposite side are given out first come, first served so that's why I wasn't given a room on the quiet side. Mind you, I didn't even check-in that late, it was only 7 p.m. on a Friday evening.

The noise issue was by far my biggest complaint with my stay and there is no way in hell I would ever risk getting a room that close to the freeway again. I'm not exaggerating too badly by saying it sounded like being right next to an airport all night. If you have problems with noise and going to sleep, then DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

The second issue I had was that my room got jammed shut which I did not find out until I arrived late on the second night. The guy at the front desk had to push the door open for me. What this meant for me was that housekeeping did not clean my room that day which was annoying.

Needless to say, I will never, ever stay here again and I really don't recommend taking the risk of getting put in a room on the freeway side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the freeway side of the hotel if you value your sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Carrie F
Reviewed November 19, 2011

The good: Friendly staff. Attractive decor in rooms. Breakfast offered is average but more than just pastries and coffee (cereal, oatmeal, bagels, fruit etc....)

The bad: Our room had VERY loud road noise. Trucks barreling by all night. Spongy pillows.

The ugly: They cancelled our reservation without contacting me to let me know (credit card number had been changed for security reasons and they ran it before our arrival. I can understand their concern but there was no phone call and no email to alert me to the problem.) Luckily a guest had left the hotel early so there was a room available at the last minute but we had to wait an hour for it to be cleaned and then rush to change clothes for the birthday evening out. It was now too late for the evening I had planned and it all fell apart. The hotel was not apologetic and that on top of the bad nights sleep left me pretty irritated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road!!! Call to confirm your reservation at least a day in advance.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank coopdedoo
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Great breakfast, small but nice pool, newly renovated (cheaply done). Great price for area, but woke up with back and neck pain! The mattresses were so hard! When we checked in she showed me the rates that were going to be charged to my card, and both nights were more than I reserved online. Luckily I had the email confirmation and she changed it, but had I not had that it's ridiculous to think that wasn't in their computers! Then we lug our belongings down the dark and dreary hallway (rooms much nicer than hall decor:) and open door to find 2 small beds when I reserved a king. S went back to the front desk to show her the confirmation again to get a room with a king, again why wouldn't that have been in the computer! Great breakfast, tons of choices, amazing cinnamon rolls!

Room Tip: Maybe on the backside, our view on the front side was the large interstate, you could wave it was so...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We went to Temecula for a birthday weekend, ballooning & wine tasting. Hotel is in a perfect location for all activities, including shopping in Old Town. Pool & spa both very clean, we used the spa which I usually will not at a hotel. Yes the breakfast is good and makes the price quite reasonable.
Staff very friendly and advised us of an Indian restaurant "Mantra" across the road. If you like Indian - recommend it.

Room Tip: Queen executive rooms get a couch, King do not.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple