“Beautiful Place, Beautiful Lunch”

Mount Palomar Winery
Ranked #21 of 93 things to do in Temecula
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Mount Palomar Winery is one of the oldest wineries in the Temecula Valley. Established in 1969, Mount Palomar is located on 315 acres of land in the heart of Temecula Wine Country. Escape for a day and tour the winery, take in the breathtaking views of the vineyards and the valley, and enjoy a wine tasting with friends. Mount Palomar Winery is also available as a venue for weddings, receptions, and private events.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Brea, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful Place, Beautiful Lunch”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is serene, the food is delicious! My wife and I took a bunch of pictures among "venician" looking sculptures. This marks our third visit.

Visited August 2013

Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“GORGEOUS views and delicious wines”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this winery a few times and I always enjoy it. My dear friend and I always buy a bottle of our favorite red and white wines, climb the steps to where they typically hold weddings, open up a bar of chocolate, while sitting on a bench and take in the beautiful scenery of the orchards. It's a breathtaking area to be in! Also, THE best cream sherry I have ever had. I order it online whenever holidays come up because I live in Wisconsin now. Please try this winery out, it's a real gem.

Visited November 2012
arizona
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Good wine but poor service”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I would have given it a lower score if it wasn't for the fact that it was so beautiful there. The people in the wine tasting room were not overly friendly. They did not offer any extra samples like most wineries do and they did not really explain what they were pouring (just kept asking what we wanted next). The wine was good and we did buy a few bottles but we won't be returning.

Visited July 2013
SanDiego
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Visiting Mt. Palomar Winery”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Used to be a great place to visit. You would buy wine and items from deli and even bring a picnic. Not now. Yesterday I was there with friends (we all intended to buy wine). They said no picnicking. We had sourdough bread with cheese. the view used to be great and peaceful for someone just to sit and enjoy but the management has stopped that. They are just too snooty for me now - not fun at all. We just turned and left and went to another winery that wanted our business as they have had it for 25 years. A group of friends met for dinner and I told what happened and they all said that is why they don't go there either. I won't go back and I don't recommend it.

Visited June 2013
Tustin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Really Bad Entertainment”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We visited the winery two years ago and enjoyed the wine tasting. We bought a bottle of a very good wine for a gift (can't remember the name). We thought the grounds were beautiful and looked forward to returning for their Wine & Unwind Fridays at Shorty's Bistro. We finally got our chance on May 17, 2013 with another couple. We all liked the food and the half priced bottles of wine! But the entertainer was so bad. He would start with a couple of chords of a recognizable song and then improvise to the point of unrecognizable. He was also off key most of the time. We should have suspected a problem when we called to make reservations and asked what type of music they had. The girl couldn't explain or describe the music, now we know why! Hopefully he was only there for a "limited engagement" and they have better entertainment booked in the future.

Visited May 2013