“Not So Clean”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Lakewood, California
“Not So Clean”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2007

The room was not so clean, I had to ask the maid to please clean the cobwebs off of the ceiling, over the bed. The curtains and drapes on the window were very dirty and also it looked like some blood on the curtain panels. We started to make some coffee in the room and the old coffee filter with the old coffee was still in the coffee pot. Evidently, when the maids have to put new coffee on the counter, because what was there previously was used, they don't think that must mean the coffee pot is not clean, so they don't even check it or clean it. The hook on the bathroom door was at the very top of the door, so it was most difficult to hang anything on the hook. Also, the bathroom door didn't close, it appeared to close and lock but you just had to push on the door with your index finger and it opened right up. We were in a no smoking room but other folks staying at the motel were smoking right outside the door of our room. I would not stay in this motel again.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank MHS62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2007

The Best Western Country Inn is exceptionally clean and well-maintained, with friendly, helpful folks at the front desk. Our standard king-bed room included a sofa and coffee table facing the TV, a microwave, small refrigerator, and free internet access. The free continental breakfast served in the office area was ok and the coffee was good. The motel is located near I-15 in a well-kept area with lots of sidewalks and a variety of businesses, with easy car access to the popular Temecula Old Town area. There are quite a few restaurants within walking distance. We ate at a sushi restaurant and an Indian restaurant, both of which were across the street from the motel. Both offered excellent fare at reasonable prices. The Temecula wine country is an easy four mile or so drive from the motel. The Country Inn prices were in the reasonable range for the Temecula area. Overall, we would stay there again.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank LeftyLocks
Fullerton, CA, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2007

Room was clean. Free wireless internet was great. Continental breakfast was okay but no tables really to sit at...more buffet style.

Main complaint: the pool is right next to the freeway with only a dividing wall, and it is LOUD... not really a relaxing place. Couldn't talk on my cellphone there because of traffic noise. Didn't seem to be heated either.

Also, price was high, around $150...I've stayed in much better hotels
for the same price.

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank glynnor

Travelers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Santa Ana, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2007

The only complaint I have about this hotel has nothing to do with the hotel. It has to do with the people staying here. At 1:30am Sunday morning, I got a crank call about "roaches" in the room. When I called the front desk back to check on this, they were terribly apologetic that someone in the hotel had called several rooms and made prank calls about other things.

Then, the people who had the room next door came banging into their room at 2:30am, loudly talking!

Other than inconsiderate hotel guests, the Best Western was very pleasant. I booked the large "Frontier Suite", room 217, with an in-room jacuzzi bath. Large bedroom, with a king size bed, sofa, table and two chairs, TV, armoire, microwave, mini-refrigerator and free Wifi, very nice. I would highly recommend the Best Western Country Inn, hopefully you will have a quieter night than I did!

• Liked — huge room at a very good price
  • Disliked — noisy
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank SantaAna
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2007

My wife and I stayed for one night at BW Country Inn in January. The room was clean, quiet and complete with in-room wireless facilities. The location is convenient because there is adequate parking almost everywhere in Temecula. I had the impression that the buffet breakfast closed earlier than in the other Best Westerns we had visited. Service was a combination of great helpfulness and reluctance. At first the front desk did not honor my Best Western virtual Travel Card, so I guaranteed our stay with a credit card. The lady at the desk was helpful in contacting BW to find out the virtual card could be accepted. The next morning we were told when we checked out that we would not get BW points for our stay because we had used the virtual Travel Card (BW later awarded us the points). We were generally satisfied with our stay, and we felt that the price was reasonable.

• Liked — ble value
  • Disliked — Confusion at front desk
Stayed January 2007
1 Thank Staidthere
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2006

Nice facility. Very large and comfortable motel style room with sofa, desk and chair, fridge, microwave, etc. Some freeway noise but when you close room door, most of it is gone. Donuts and juice at breakfast, cofeemaker in room. Very pleasant stay, would recommend it.

Stayed October 2006
1 Thank kleinber
Carlsbad, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2006

We stayed at the BW Country Inn because we went to the Temecula Balloon and Wine Festival. All the hotels were sold out that were on the recommended list, with the exception of Pechanga that had rooms for $300+.

We paid $170 which was the "best rate" they had at the time. I think paying $70-80 for the room is fair value, but we had no choice in the situation. First off let me say that despite the hotels age, everything is VERY clean and well kept. The setup reminds me of the 1970's -you have two 2 story buildings facing each other kind of in a "U" shape- they are connected at the entrance so you drive under the second story. All the parking is in the center of the buildings. I did not see any elevators only stairs, the walkways and stairs are all outside so all the doors face the parking lot, which makes it easy if you would like to see your vehicle.

The nice size room had a sofa/ coffee table area and then the bed. The TV was large and was in an armoire so that the TV could be slid out and pointed towards either area. The bed was comfortable. A microwave, refridgerator, coffee maker and blow dryer are a few of the extras I remember. Despite being only separated from the freeway by trees, you couldn't hear the freeway. The one complaint I do have is, because the hotel is pretty old each room has one of those AC units that are under the window, ours kept turning on and off all night very loudly waking me up. The AC would turn on WAAAAAA and then the room would get REALLY cold, then it would turn off, the room would get hot, I'd kick off the covers and the WWAAAAAAA the AC kicks on again, and the room would get cold. Not a good nights sleep.

I recommend this hotel if you get it at a better price, but not worth it at this price. There are more modern and centrally located hotels and B&B's for this price...if you plan ahead.

• Stayed June 2006