“A reasonable value”

Best Western Country Inn
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed February 17, 2007

My wife and I stayed for one night at BW Country Inn in January. The room was clean, quiet and complete with in-room wireless facilities. The location is convenient because there is adequate parking almost everywhere in Temecula. I had the impression that the buffet breakfast closed earlier than in the other Best Westerns we had visited. Service was a combination of great helpfulness and reluctance. At first the front desk did not honor my Best Western virtual Travel Card, so I guaranteed our stay with a credit card. The lady at the desk was helpful in contacting BW to find out the virtual card could be accepted. The next morning we were told when we checked out that we would not get BW points for our stay because we had used the virtual Travel Card (BW later awarded us the points). We were generally satisfied with our stay, and we felt that the price was reasonable.

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank Staidthere

Reviewed November 10, 2006

Nice facility. Very large and comfortable motel style room with sofa, desk and chair, fridge, microwave, etc. Some freeway noise but when you close room door, most of it is gone. Donuts and juice at breakfast, cofeemaker in room. Very pleasant stay, would recommend it.

Stayed: October 2006
1  Thank kleinber
Reviewed June 4, 2006

We stayed at the BW Country Inn because we went to the Temecula Balloon and Wine Festival. All the hotels were sold out that were on the recommended list, with the exception of Pechanga that had rooms for $300+.

We paid $170 which was the "best rate" they had at the time. I think paying $70-80 for the room is fair value, but we had no choice in the situation. First off let me say that despite the hotels age, everything is VERY clean and well kept. The setup reminds me of the 1970's -you have two 2 story buildings facing each other kind of in a "U" shape- they are connected at the entrance so you drive under the second story. All the parking is in the center of the buildings. I did not see any elevators only stairs, the walkways and stairs are all outside so all the doors face the parking lot, which makes it easy if you would like to see your vehicle.

The nice size room had a sofa/ coffee table area and then the bed. The TV was large and was in an armoire so that the TV could be slid out and pointed towards either area. The bed was comfortable. A microwave, refridgerator, coffee maker and blow dryer are a few of the extras I remember. Despite being only separated from the freeway by trees, you couldn't hear the freeway. The one complaint I do have is, because the hotel is pretty old each room has one of those AC units that are under the window, ours kept turning on and off all night very loudly waking me up. The AC would turn on WAAAAAA and then the room would get REALLY cold, then it would turn off, the room would get hot, I'd kick off the covers and the WWAAAAAAA the AC kicks on again, and the room would get cold. Not a good nights sleep.

I recommend this hotel if you get it at a better price, but not worth it at this price. There are more modern and centrally located hotels and B&B's for this price...if you plan ahead.

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank TroyzWife
Reviewed February 11, 2006

This hotel is very nice, and the rooms have all you need. About ten minutes from the wine country, and 15 to Pechanga. Being very close to Old Town Temecula is also a plus.

• Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank 90,622
Reviewed November 29, 2005

Was on a trip along the I-15 and needed a place to stay. Found a listing in the AAA Guide Book and called. The woman who answered was very pleasant and helpful. Gave us great directions. When we arrived, was pleasantly surprised by the appearance. The woman who checked us in was nice (think it may have been the same who had answered the phone).

The room was nicely appointed. It had everything you would really need. TV, fridge, microwave...very nice.

When we left, the woman who checked us out mentioned that they are still renovating. Well, our room was nice enough, can't wait to see what the renovation is like.

I plan to stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank FunLuvinKat
Reviewed October 7, 2005

Picked this motel over the internet and was pleasantly surprised. Good price, large but not fancy suite-size room with king bed (a bit too hard for me - needed a soft mattress pad), sofa, microwave, refrigerator, and other usual amenities. When I drove up and got out of my car, I could hear the roar of freeway traffic right behind the dense trees behind the motel, but inside the room I did not hear any noise from freeway or other rooms. Room and entire grounds (pool, in-ground hot tub, sauna) were immaculately clean. Staff was friendly. Free breakfast is nothing special. I am a female traveling alone and felt very safe in this town and motel.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank TXRed
Reviewed November 17, 2004

We stayed here for 1 night in October. The room was cheap, very big, comfortable & clean. The staff were very helpful & friendly. Temecula is a good place to visit if you like wine or shopping as they have pleanty of both. Will stay here again.

5  Thank FIONA