“Outstanding value and relaxing setting in Temecula”

Ramada Temecula Old Town
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Trust me, I'm not one to give gushing reviews of any hotel (see my other reviews), but I have to say this Ramada is truly above average and seems to have an owner that "gets it" as far as understanding what customers need and want. The basics: very clean, HUGE room with fast wifi; very convenient parking and access to freeway and town. Mic + fridge tucked away under the TV. Tons of storage. Almost all so-called "complimentary breakfasts" are a waste of time but I found this one to actually be appetizing. The dining room was small, but clean and cozy. The waffle maker was clean and easy to use. One thing I really liked about this breakfast room was the pass-through lay-out. Usually these rooms have only one entry, giving you a trapped feeling. This one has a 2nd door leading to an outdoor patio, complete with chairs and umbrellas. Wow, nice! Beautiful pool and pool deck. All of this at a cost of $55/day, for three days.

This hotel has a perfect central location in Temecula... slightly outside of "old town", but you can still walk there easily. If you're into gambling, it's only a 8 minute drive to the Pechanga Resort Casino. This would make a great alternative to staying in rooms there. This would be a good place to stop over for anyone traveling the I15 corridor and who wants to be in a smaller (and more upscale) city rather than a large city like San Diego or San Bernadino.

The staff seemed motivated, awake, and always courteous without wasting my time in mindless happy talk. Every interaction with them was positive and constructive.

Great little bbq right next door on south side. Slightly expensive but great food. Give them a try.

Because of my overall satisfaction with my stay, and my inability to find ANY flaws, I'm going to award this property with a rare "excellent" rating.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed July 19, 2010

I chose this hotel after reading reviews on tripadvisor. It was the cheapest for the area and the rooms were quite even though the hotel is located close to the freeway. It was easy walking distance to the downtown area. The breakfast was good for continental breakfast. My only complaint would be that the spa was not hot. It was warm, but not hot and it closed at 9pm.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Clean, good breakfast options, great service, quiet, nice beds and pillows, all we needed and more. When you just need a clean, comfy room at a reasonable rate, stay here. Use your AAA card, book on the internet, use the Ramada's hotel account...book via the hotel's web sight....you'll get the best rate, and everything you need to be close to all the attractions, get a good nights sleep, and have peace of mind. No need to pay more when you're only sleeping and showering here. We won't stay anywhere else when spending the night in Temecula now.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We booked this room since we were going to Pechanga and Old Town for the weekend. We got a room facing the freeway side and I must say the car noise isn't too bad, so I wouldn't consider that a problem. The room's are decent the actual bathroom is a lil' out-dated but other than that it was just fine. The front desk guy was nice enought to gather our rooms all in the same room next to eachother (we booked 4 rooms total)...I'd stay here again if the rates were a little cheaper! =) But beats staying at Pechanga for $200+!! =)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We checked into this hotel on Saturday afternoon at a rate of $146, which was overpriced for the area and the quality of the amenities, but it was the only place in Temecula with a room available. That should have been my sign! The blanket was covered with hardened semen stains -- not something that would be difficult for a housekeeper to observe. When I complained to the front desk, a very sweet housekeeper came to change the sheets. She put the comforter/bed cover on the filthy floor. When she saw the blanket, she said, "Oh, no! I'm so sorry. I'm not in charge of this room!" Then she pulled the blanket back and saw that the sheets were dirty in a similar fashion and exclaimed, "Oh, my God!" The dust ruffle on the bed was stained in the same way and just plain filthy. When I called down to the front desk to say I'd be leaving and expecting a full refund, the woman at the desk didn't apologize and tried to charge me $25 for "using" the room. When I stopped by the front desk to get my refund, the woman still didn't apologize. She didn't seem rude, so I'm inclined to think this is not an unusual problem.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Good Budget hotel. Late night desk clerk was quite friendly and helpful. Close to freeway and old town area. Breakfast was pretty good with the waffle maker. On weekend days only, the Harley dealership gets a bit loud late morning and afternoon. There are two rows of rooms for this hotel, one along the freeway side and one by the Harley dealership. Suggestion: if you plan to sleep in on weekend days, go for the other side of the hotel along the freeway. If you are a light sleeper sensitive to freeway noise and plan leave in the early morning, then go for the rooms on the Harley dealership side! Plenty of parking and seemed like a safe area.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Monadic
Reviewed October 12, 2009

When most think of Temecula, wine might come to mind. So that was what we were looking to experience; but instead we spent time perusing Old Town, tasting olive oil, Mexican food, and looking at vintage hot rods. Though located near and industrial center and across the 15 freeway, we were close enough to walk to Old Town and sip wide brimmed glasses of margarita. The hotel was packed with people, but you could only tell based on the amount of cars parked around the hotel; it was relatively quite and well lit.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple