“Better than expected!”

Ramada Temecula Old Town
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed November 6, 2006

This was planned as a quick weekend getaway for my sweetie and me, and the hotel lived up to all of our expectations.

While I was a little apprehensive about some of the complaints I'd read here and at other sites, I felt that Ramada has a good enough reputation to risk it. I was glad that we did.

The room was clean, and the added features of a fridge and a microwave were unexpected extras that allowed us to enjoy our own snacks and drinks. The rooms were cleaned nicely in the mornings, and our rapidly growing stash of wine remained undisturbed.

Checkout was easy and straightforward with no problems. The only issue that we had is that we booked for a weekend that had an "event" (Old Temecula Days or something), and there were more people, vintage cars, and noise than would have been the usual case, I'm sure. Even with that said, we had a fun time and will probably stay there the next time we go to Temecula.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ramada Temecula Old Town

Reviewed November 3, 2006

Stayed one night at the Ramada Inn and found it better than expected. Though it looks old (and is) on the outside, our room was recently redecorated, totally clean with a frig and microwave concealed in cabinets under the TV. We asked for a quiet room, away from the Interstate traffic noise and that it was, being late fall with few people using the ice machine. Beware of this in the summer!

The continental breakfast was excellent in a pleasant, clean breakfast room. On weekends they add boiled eggs.

Free internet. Big TV. A plush mattress topper. Scrumpy pillows and ragged bath towels. Excellent shower spay with curved curtain rod. Heavy feet at 6AM from the room above.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2006

First the good-fridge & microwave in the room, great desk chair, nice HIGH bed (bring your own pillows, though). Not so good-very noisy (asked for a quiet room, got one on the 2nd floor right smack above 4 soda machines & 2 ice machines). All of that I can live with, but the final straw for me was when I tried to check out @ 6:15 in the morning prior to heading for LAX. Website claims they have '24 hr front desk', but heaven help the poor guest who actually tries to get near it!! 'Mgr' on duty literally refused to let me in to check out-had to stand in a dark parking lot in 41 degree weather & try to check out thru a window w/a tiny speaker in the hole (virtually impossible to conduct a conversation thru this thing & the 'mgr' had the gall to get mad @ me???) When I asked for the 'complimentary newspaper', he literally threw a hissy fit & screamed thru the door, which he cracked open just enough to thrust the paper out to me that I, 'may not care about our security, but this lobby doesn't open until 7 am'. So much for the '24 hr front desk', huh?

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank txrus
Reviewed August 12, 2006

Now here's a 2 star hotel with a 4 star feel to it. The limited hotel facilities are the only difference from a 4 star because the rooms and service were both excellent.

The first thing we noticed was that it's very, very clean with new furnishings and decoration I suspect. The room had good facilities (big TV + HBO, coffe maker, fridge, microwave, iron etc). Large comfy beds (we had double double with our 2 kids). Swimming pool, whilst quite small, was very clean and very pleasant (we all went in). Extra pool towels were available and delivered to room.

Buffet breakfast was only average but, again well presented and sufficient.

The staff we dealt with were really excellent - we changed rooms to be on the pool side, away from the freeway and they were only too happy to oblige. Very friendly front desk helped with maps and ideas of where to go etc.

Highly recommended.

Negatives:
1) Just too far outside of the Old Town to be walkable.
2) Close to freeway - I suspect it could be noisy on the freeway side.

Bonus:
It's right next to the biggest Harley shop I have EVER seen...worth a visit even if you don't like motorbikes.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank jeremy_norbury
Reviewed July 8, 2006

I travel a lot for business and have stayed in the best and the worst - this place was a great bargain. I paid $65 a night for each of the 5 nights I stayed and that included free continental breakfast.

Rooms renovated in 2005 - everything seemed brand new. Microwave and fridge housed in nice armoir to help lose the motel feel. Nice enough linens and decor. Nice 4 ft long vanity with sink outside the bathroom. Separate desk with high back leather chair. Could not hear other room noise. I had a room right outside the pool which was so convenient since it was 95 degrees. Small restaurant/bakery onsite - great ribs! Free internet. I can't complain about anything! I usually stay at Pechanga but for multiple night stay, this cozy, convenient, helpful motel was better - I will definitely be returning.

The Embassy Suites, where I have stayed before was $170 per night during the same time I have stayed there before - bigger rooms maybe but dated....the Ramada was better.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank LP1009
Reviewed November 7, 2005

This is a very good hotel for the cheap price. We only stayed for 1 night so it was just right. It is very close to the old town which is an interesting place to visit. The breakfast in the morning was very good and saved us some money. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank FIONA
A TripAdvisor Member
Nevada City, California
Reviewed June 3, 2005

The room was very clean and had some nice amenities making the stay more comfortable. We liked the way the room was laid out as well. The staff was very friendly and yes, the views of the hills are very nice.

• Stayed: May 2005