“Great place!”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Richmond Hill, ON
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2006

My husband and I went to the Temecula Creek Inn for our honeymoon and we weren't disappointed. We had a room directly overlooking the Oaks golf course. We are avid golfers and enjoyed each of the 9 courses (there are 3) and found it really easy to book tee times. Most of the time we were golfing ourselves, only 1 day did we have 1 other golfer with us. The staff of the pro shop and the starters and marshals were incredibly friendly and courteous. We went to the pro shop the first day and every day after that they addressed us by name.

During the course of our stay we had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Temet Grill, the restaurant on site, or the bistro. One day the bistro was having a bbq and we had a nice lunch out by the water feature. Breakfast was really good. Outstanding was the prime rib dinner plus the wine suggestions from the wait staff (we wanted a good wine particular to the area).

One of the best things about the location, aside from the weather, was the proximity to the local wineries. We would play 18 holes starting at 9:30 or 10:30 and then head off to the wineries for tastings and tours, then back in the evening to relax or have dinner.

Another (I thought) overlooked area at Temecula Creek is the hot tub and pool area. Beautiful but looks like nobody ever uses it. We would take a bottle of wine to the hot tub in the early evening and invariably were the only people there. The hot tub was great, overlooking the golf course but still very private.

Overall it was a great place and we will definitely go back. The staff were very nice without being overly solicitious or fake. I would definitely recommend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, NV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2006

After opening up room there was a musty air smell throughout the room. I had to air out my room everyday by opening the front and back doors. The air conditioner was not in good working order either. I would turn it on for a bit and it would freeze up. Then you would have to wait for it to thaw before you could turn it on again. The first day I was there the TV in my room didn't work for some reason. I was there on a business trip and had to pay for wired internet service, $9.95 a day. The phone in my room as well as some other people I know that were in other rooms would go to a busy status and no one would be able to get through to the room. You would have to call the desk and tell them to fix your phone. The bed wasn't that comfortable either. I would recommend staying at the Pechanga Casino Hotel which is about a mile down the road. I hope my experience wasn't the norm for this place. The staff seemed very helpful and on my last day a maid was very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank SinCityTraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2006

After a nice afternoon in wine country, we checked into the Temecula Creek Inn. The first room we were directed to was more than "out dated" - it was a dump!! I asked the front desk to please try another room and although slightly better...it too was in a very worn out condition. Come to find out, there's the "old section" and the "new section" of the hotel. The old section should be torn down and not booked for people. I don't know about the new section since it was full. We did not stay the night.

• Stayed April 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2006

I stayed at the Inn as a one-night weekend getaway. We live in San Diego so it was not a far drive. We got a junior suite. The room smelled old and musty. The decor was out dated and VERY old. Shabby carpet, moldy bathmat and the worst ben linens I have ever seen. The thermostat was so loud it would wake you out of a dead sleep when it kicked on. The coffee maker was caked with hard water stains and filthy. As for the good...the staff was very nice and the Sunday brunch was very good. Oh, did I mention that the other couple we went with, opened their mini-bar to find it was covered with mold and smelled so bad we had to open all the doors to air out the room?? The front desk was called and the problem had STILL not been cleaned when they checked out!! The front desk took $20 off their room when told the problem was never fixed.....like I said, NEVER AGAIN especially not for $209 a night. It was more like a Motel 6 room in a very nice resort setting. Go for brunch, dinner or golf but I would not stay.

• Stayed January 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Clemente, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2005

We just got back from a very relaxing getaway at the Temecula Creek Inn. We were there on X-mas Eve and X-mas morning and it was so beautiful, quiet, and serene. The grounds are green, woodsy and gorgeous. We had the jaccuzzi outside all to ourselves- extra towels at the pool and cool receptacles to toss them into. This is a rustic hotel, sort of log cabin style but with all the amenities. The room and the whole place had native american artifacts because the place is close to a reservation- very cool and unique furniture and decor.
Our room was in the "older" wing and was HUGE. We had two sinks and two vanity areas so we could both get ready at the same time. We had a package deal that included the room, 5 wineries, and a gourmet breakfast at the Temet Grill- for under $200- wow. Incredible service at grill, amazing food and coffee was excellent. The FRENCH TOAST w/cream cheese filling is to die for! The only bummer was a slightly rude, negative front desk woman at check in.

• Stayed December 2005
9 Thank herbalgirl
Southern California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2005

The setting is beautiful and peaceful. It sits on a golf course. We had a corner room and there were windows and a balcony that wrapped around. The room itself was dated and needed updating. A little bit too pricey for what you're getting unless the golf at your doorstep makes it worth it for you.

8 Thank Norie
Laguna Niguel, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2005

My boyfreind reserved a romatic balloon flight for us on a Saturday morning as a surprise weekend for me & the room shown on this hotels site. After looking at the photos I was pretty excited, but after driving about an hour & a half through the winding Ortega Highway on a Friday night (& about another 15 minutes after connecting to the freeway) we arrived in Temecula & to this establishment. Of course it was dark, so the little malibu lights along the driveway & rose bushes were very pleasent, but what we saw when we got to the hotel entrance was not & right away my boyfriends face sort of dropped. Think Sinatra's heydey when everything was low slung & covered in wood slats that blended into the landscape. Now, sometimes this can be a cool~retro kind of look. This place however is not & charges far more than in Sinatra's day. After asking for the room key in the Southwestern type lobby, so that we could take "a look", we entered a very musty smelling large room with large screen doors, the kind that bend when you try to slide them. The bathroom was very bland (think beige everything~the kind you would find in a Best Western) & this was THE fabulous looking room on this sites romantic looking photos. The upshot is; if you are looking for 1st class, this isn't it. We tried & tried to find something else in Temecula that night more to our liking (for $240.00 a nt?) & failed. As a result we got back on the freeway, tried to explain it to the "balloon people" via phone message & were charged for the balloon ride we never took as well. After all this I'd say; this place is not where you want to be if you like to really live it up & are used to "the best" for your $$$ when spending your leisure time away from your much nicer home.

• Stayed May 2005