“A Disappointment.....”
Review of Temecula Creek Inn

Temecula Creek Inn
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We attended a nice wedding, in a beautiful setting, at the hotel’s Stone House. Our room, however, was a big disappointment. We would have been more forgiving had we paid a much lower rate, but at $200 per night (plus tax), it was a huge rip off. While many rooms have a view of the golf course, ours looked out among weeds and bushes. The room was old and tired, and smelled musty. The chairs were threadbare. Paint was chipping. The carpet was repaired, if you could call it that, with tacks showing. The bathroom was tiny. The toilet was so close to the cabinets, the cabinet doors would not fully open. The shower was smaller than some we’ve had in Europe. The shower head would not point down enough, and water sprayed all over the floor. At checkout, the clerk asked how we felt about our stay. We told her, but she could not have been any more uninterested. Our feeling was the hotel relies on its location and golf course, and is complacent about the quality and price of its rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to I-15--super noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Temecula_Creek_Inn, Manager at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Inn. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.

The Inn is working dliigently to make great efforts to improve the internal and external aspects of the property.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back and show you the true Temecula Creek Inn experience in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The rooms are big, having been obviously upgraded, and the views from the upper floor balcony's are nice and peaceful. However the building's are old and falling apart. I was quite surprised as it's sister properties (Surf&San in Laguna and Rancho Bernardo Inn in Poway) are both much nicer and better kept.

I had booked my 'weekend get-away' in Temecula with full intention of sleeping in, lounging by the pool, and enjoying the surrounding wineries. However when I walked over to the pool & spa, it was DRAINED. When I mentioned my disappointment to the front desk, in that I booked your hotel for use of the pool (it could of been mentioned on their website), she told me it was a "sudden & recent need". However, the bone dry cracking pool and dead plants surrounding it, with no workman in the area or sign of construction, had me thinking otherwise.

Something to note; this 'resort' (over-rated label) also charges a 'resort fee', which shocked me. If your pool & spa is drained, unless you are playing golf, what are these fees going towards? I would actually argue that this hotel shouldn't even charge this fee and offered something to compensate for lack of no pool.

The "workout facility" as described on the website, is a small room that now accommodates equipment. It is fine but needed attention. There were tv monitors pulled from the wall with electrical hanging (maybe they were working on it?) & patched stucco unpainted. What really annoyed me was the water jug in the room to use had not been refreshed from a previous day (by 9am the morning after)....as it was full of water & fruit that I had been sitting from day before.

These small things added to where I was quite disappointed. It was a good thing I booked myself into another 'resort' one afternoon for a treatment and could sit by the pool there & order lunch & wine.

Something to also note, it is 15-20 minutes from the wineries in Temecula.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sally A
Temecula_Creek_Inn, Manager at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay didn’t reflect the Temecula Creek Inn experience we strive to create for all of our guests.

We are indeed an older property, constantly working towards upgrades and improvements; I apologize that these efforts negatively affected your stay. Action has been taken towards the points you addressed: we have updated our website to notify guests that the pool is closed and we have completed the installation of new TV’s in the Fitness Center. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our team for your stay and hope to have the opportunity to further discuss it with you. Please do not hesitate to contact Temecula Creek Inn and ask for me, Dana Langford. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Dana Langford
Director of Rooms

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Overall, very nice. We went to Sunday brunch, the food was good, but pretty pricey. We went to a wine event and part of the package was transportation to and from the event, which was great and comfortable.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn in September and were celebrating our 19th anniversary. Location was great! We were pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of wine, cheese crackers and fruit in our room with a very nice note from the Inn. It really added that special touch to start our weekend off right. We would definitely stay here again. The Inn is very close to Pechanga casino and other amenities and it was a short drive to our hot air balloon ride. The staff was very cordial and attentive. The only complaint I would have is that the shower is a bit small and there definitely needs to be some upgrades but all in all it's a great place to stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I were celebrating our 10th anniversary. We were very impressed by the quality of the check in, though there were many people, the attendants never look frustrated. The room was nice, we stayed in the Executive King Room, along the golf course near Temet. We were also greeted with a bottle of wine and glasses for our patronage for our special occasion. We were so impressed that we will definitely stay again.

1  Thank Aaron S
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here over labor day weekend. It was our second stay in Temecula at the Inn and I do really like this place. Good location and good rates. Unfortunately you can't stay right in wine country for less than $400, so for $200-250 less per night you have to drive five miles.

The rooms are very spacious and if you like golf they have a nice course. We had a dual queen room this time, very well appointed. I only had two complaints that kept this place from being 5 stars: the rooms are showing their age (we had some serious water pressure issues, including a leaky kitchenette sink) and the maintenance guy who was installing a new steel door right next to our room at 8:30 in the freaking morning. Not cool.

I didn't eat at the restaurant this time, but have in the past. It's pretty...meh. You can find better in town.

We usually stay in Temecula 2-3 times a year. Unless I can get a smoking rate at one of the winery resorts, this is where I will always stay.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We went to Temecula for a wedding. The Temecula Creek Inn was reasonably priced, clean and a short drive from both wineries and Old Town. The golf course is very nice, but since it was 106 degrees during our visit, we skipped golf. The air conditioning worked great- a necessity in Temecula in the summer.

The room amenities were not very interesting or exciting. The food on property is not exciting either, thus the "average" rating. I would stay here again, knowing I could easily get to what I wanted close by.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple