“Great work retreat location.”
Review of Temecula Creek Inn

Temecula Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
San Diego
“Great work retreat location.”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was our third year to stay here. We love the convenience of being so close to San Diego but still being able to get away. The rooms are not fancy but the beds are very comfortable. The check-in area starts the trip off with a roaring fire going in the lobby area. Because we are on a retreat we also booked the meeting room which is just perfect for the 7 of us to get some serious yearly plans made. The meeting room cost was $130 and really made the difference for the success of our retreat. For lunch we went to Faulkner Winery and ate at The Pinnacle Restaurant. Excellent meal and views, we also did a little wine tasting before heading back. We always have dinner on site at the Temet Grill and the food is fabulous. A little pricey but this year I booked all 4 rooms with the romance package and for $10 extra each room received a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a 4 course dinner at Temet Grill. The dinner was amazing. We will be back next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank scrippsranch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Korean first
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just returned from a nice one night stay for our anniversary, and to be honest there are pluses and minuses to this property. On the plus side, the property is beautiful. My husband was able to hit balls at the driving range and they let him borrow clubs for free. The coffee and water in the lobby and plush robes are also nice touches. Because it was our anniversary, our room was upgraded to one with a view of the golf course and we had a note and complimentary bottle of wine waiting when we checked in. Both the upgrade and the attention Tracy at the front desk gave us (in suggesting wineries, etc) made me bump this place from three to four stars.

The only real complaint I have is the price--I would say definitely come here if you have a coupon or something but don't pay the full rate. For $240 (weekend rate) the rooms are basic and the buildings dated. Also, the resort fee is silly. I rated a 3 on sleep quality because we could hear a crying baby and playing children in the room next to us.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Danielle O
San Pedro, CA
Reviewed February 17, 2012

two night stay here while looking at property in the area. I booked online and did not receive any confirmation email, only the confirmation page that was displayed online after I made the reservation. My rate plan included breakfast and what is called "Flights 'N Bites." When I checked in, I was given a certificate for the Flights 'N Bites and a welcome letter. This letter stated that I was entitled to "breakfast and dinner," as well as the Flights 'N Bites. I was happy, as I thought this was an "upgrade." Upon check out, I guessed wrong. I was told the letter was "in error." They took no responsibility for their mistake, as I had based my dining options on their "offer." Plus, only one breakfast was included, not two (two-night reservation). The Flights 'N Bites cost was was complimentary.

Besides their unwillingness to take responsibility for their error, the rest of the stay was average. The room was badly in need of work. There were marks on the wall, stains on the carpet, and gashes in the furniture. Bed linen was average but not very comfortable. The entire room was basically in need of maintenance.

The outside property was nice and appeared very well maintained, unlike the rooms.

Temet Grill, which I used for breakfast and one dinner, was average. Dinner menu was limited and breakfast order was overcook on one day and almost raw (poached eggs) on the next. Waitress, two wrote nothing down, got my second day's breakfast order wrong.

Unless you're laying golf here, there are other places in Temecula that deserve your attention. Not this place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank ChiefDennis
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband and I wanted to get away just for a night. This place was perfect! It's in the heart of Temecula Wine Country. We purchased a Groupon for a one night's stay that included wine tasting for 2 at three local wineries. We've lived in San Diego for 25 years and have never stayed at the Temecula Creek Inn (1 hour away)! We'll definitely be back. The room was spectacular. It was quiet and very clean! I was also very impressed with the staff who answer the phones for reservations. They were very customer-friendly and flexible.

It's close to Old Town Temecula, so don't miss out on that. Beautiful shopping, olive oil tasting, wine tasting etc. Also, we love to hike. My husband found a place called the Santa Rosa Plateau just about 10 min north of Temecula. Very worth the drive and the hike was really great! All levels of hiking ability.

Room Tip: Rooms with sliding door facing grassy area are quaint.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maya H
Coronado, California
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Long before we ever arrived for our weekend getaway, the gracious, kid glove treatment began, setting a wonderful tone for what was to come. Once we arrived, the staff managed to go even further with their perfect interpretation of concierge level service. The property is private and lush with many different varieties of trees and plantings making the place a beautiful relaxing, retreat. Even though we arrived early, our room was ready for us; crisp, spotless and beautifully appointed. We enjoyed a scrumptious box lunch prepared by the staff with fantastically fresh sandwiches and many other goodies, (including my favorite brie!) overlooking the golf course from our equally spotless patio area. After going out for a couple of fun tastings at two of the many local wineries, we wound down after dinner by relaxing in the sparklingly clean jacuzzi followed by a splendid night's sleep. We will definitely return to this beautiful property for more romantic getaways!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SettingSun_1
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Wow, I am impressed with the Temecula Creek Inn. The stay was wonderful, we used the living social deal and were treated as VIPs. The property is private and the minute we got there we had been able to escape into vacation mode. It was a very romantic trip and the restaurant was delicious! Thank you for the wonderful weekend!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Visited Temecula for a girls birthday weekend and choose the Temecula Inn based on price and photos from their website. Then, checked out Trip Advisor (you would think I would learn to do this first) and was concerned that there was goind to be an issue. I called and asked to be upgraded to a renovated room - but only the King rooms have been renovated and I needed two doubles.

Im happy to report that the room, while a little bit dated, was very nice, good bedding, comfy beds and granite countertops in the bath and wet bar. All the rooms overlook the golf course and its a very quite place which was much appreciated after the buzz of the casinos. Its also very close to Pechanga so we were able to take a taxi there and back (front desk recommended this). They even provided a fruit plate for my girlfriends birthday - that was a nice touch. If you are looking for a less expensive alternative to staying at the casinos or wineries, this is a good option. On our next trip we are going to try the onsire restaurants, pool and jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room is you only need a King bed.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends