“Great HOME BASE for the Temecula Wine Country!”
Review of Temecula Creek Inn

Temecula Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Dana Point, California
“Great HOME BASE for the Temecula Wine Country!”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We had a great time...the staff was friendly and helpful, the restaurant/poolside service was excellent and the food/cocktails were outstanding! They also gave us wine coupons that saved us $45 on our wine tour of the Temecula Valley! Although the inn is a little worn on the outside of the building, the grounds are lovely and the rooms are clean, efficient and mostly updated. The patios/view over the golf course make up for that, however.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Korean first
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for our friends' wedding. Our room was part of a room block and paid for by the wedding party so I can't comment as to the price. We were in one of building 200's rooms on the second floor. It had a king bed and the room itself was very spacious, which was a big plus. You can park right outside of the building, which is also nice, but I did not see an elevator which is not so nice if you have two really large pieces of luggage to haul up the stairs! Our room was clean; you could definitely tell that the buildings themselves were older and the rooms were older but they have tried to do the best they can at updating them and making them comfortable. The AC was off when we showed up so you definitely should check in right away and at least turn it on before you go about exploring. I thought the grounds were very beautiful with all of the roses and we never had a problem with road noise that some of the other guests have commented on. I think if you are closer to the restaurant (the 100 building, I maybe) you may hear the highway more, but just ask for a 400 or 500 room and you should be fine. The restaurant had very good food, the service was a little slow but the staff were friendly (and we were on vacation so we did not mind this at all), and it was pretty pricey but we only ate there for breakfast. It over looked the golf course, which was beautiful and my husband said the course was very nice. We never had any unpleasant experiences with the hotel staff, but we really never interacted with them because our stay was being facilitated by the wedding party and the coordinator. I don't have too many problems with this inn, but again, our trip was already paid for by our group so there can't be much to complain about. The location was convenient to Old Town and all of the other shopping centers.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms were nice, but there were no elevators. Ask for a 400 or 500 room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Temecula Creek Inn as a Living Social deal in July 2011. Since we both love Temecula, we thought it'd be nice to spend the weekend there and visit Old Town as well as hit some of the local wineries. We paid $180 which included a night at the hotel plus 3 wine tastings. The hotel is regularly $240+ and the wine tastings typically range from $15-20, so we felt like we were getting a good deal. We researched the hotel online and were very excited to stay there as the website depicts the hotel as a luxury golf resort.

Upon arrival, we noticed that the property itself was lovely, but we were surprised to see that the buildings looked more like an apartment complex than a nice hotel. We had requested an early check-in which did not occur -- we were given our room keys exactly at check-in time which was 4pm. The room that we were given was at the bottom floor (it felt like the basement) of the complex without much of a view. The room itself was a decent size and fairly clean, but nothing spectacular and it had a very rustic feel to it. The bathroom was quite spacious and clean -- and the shower had good water pressure (I am nitpicky about this!). They have Bath & Body Works toiletry products which I enjoyed. There were a couple of things that bothered me such as an unwashed washcloth, an unidentified stain on my bed sheet, and the patio furniture looked as if it hadn't been cleaned off in quite some time.

That evening, we had dinner at the Temet Grill and while the food was good, it was quite expensive for what you're getting. There is a very nice view from the dining room and the staff was very friendly, but the decor of the restaurant left something to be desired. There was a large stain on the carpet near the entrance and the seat cushions were worn out and faded.

Check-out the next morning turned out to be quite a headache. After standing in line behind a woman who was complaining to one of the front desk attendant for over 10 minutes, it was finally my turn to check out. I was then told that I'd have to speak to the other attendant as the one helping me didn't know how to do a Living Social deal check out. So, I then had to stand in the other attendant's line after already having waited over 10 minutes. After going over my bill with the other lady while standing at the counter, I discovered that the golf shop had charged two round of golf onto our room by mistake as well as the restaurant overcharging us for our room service breakfast. The front desk attendant fixed these items, but it was still a hassle.

Overall, we had a decent time but I do not think we'd return to this place...there are too many other nice hotels in the area for much less.

Room Tip: Request one of the upper level rooms and NOT the bottom floor.
1 Thank cjenk060300
m_steiner1, Director of Operations at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Temecula Creek Inn. We are always looking ways to improve and I appreciate the time you took to let us know what was enjoyable during your stay and also some disappointments you experienced. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay personally, please contact me at msteiner@jcresorts.com or 951-506-1761.

Chula Vista, California
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We were just there celebrating our anniversary and had a wonderful time. I will admit that if you are used to going to very luxurious places, then this is not your stop, but if you just want to relax, enjoy a day or two of calm, and just be in peace then this place is great!

Cons- The toilets are very loud when you flush them, but as my husband said, "at least you know you actually flushed." The patio door screens are not really effective at keeping out the mosquitos, but we wanted the door closed anyways so no big deal. The very grouchy lady at the front desk in the evening (ignoring her is the best way to deal with her).

Pros- The toiletries are from Bath and Body Works which was nice. We had a room that was almost in front of the waterfalls, and that made for some amazing views while we enjoyed a delightful breakfast. The pool was just perfect at around 9 pm. We were a very short distance from anything we could want, but it still felt like we were in a very secluded montain area. We saw bunnies all over the place.

My husband and I enjoyed it very much and hated the idea of leaving.We also did the wine tasting at three wineries near by and that was a lot of fun!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 210, 211, and 212. are right next to the restaurant and have a view of the waterfalls
Crestline, California
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This resort was perfect for our two days of wine tasting and our early morning hot air balloon ride. We do not golf, but observed a number of others out enjoying the links. We enjoyed the clean, well appointed room, the location, and grounds. The parking is free, and my wife enjoyed walking along to look at and smell the various kinds or roses that line the roadway. Also, the Temet Grill has a number or native American Indian displays that are very interesting.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
m_steiner1, Director of Operations at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Temecula Creek Inn. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

951-506-1761
The OC
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a couple times in the past. Our experience was always pleasant; however, this time we were very dissappointed. The property / rooms are nice but old. The restaurant was very good. The front desk staff is definitely not friendly and rude.

When we checked in on Friday afternoon and went to our room. When I first entered the room I smelled a faint sewage smell and thought that housekeeping may have used the bathroom when they cleaned it. We went to bed that night and when we awoke on Saturday morning, the toilet had overflowed. We called the front desk and they sent someone right away to fix the problem. The engineer they sent said the room next to ours also had the same problem. We left and went to breakfast and when we got back we checked on the status of the repair at the front desk. We were told that the repair was complete and that they would be sending housekeeping to clean up the huge mess. We asked whether we could just be moved to a different room but the front desk staff said that they were completely booked the previous night and they would TRY to find us another room but it didn't sound very promising. They assured us that the room would be cleaned to our satisfaction so we went to the pool to give them time to clean up the mess. There are no towels at the pool so we went back to the front desk to ask about towels and they were rather rude and said, "Pool towels are in your room". How is a guest supposed to know that pool towels are in the room when they don't bother to tell you that when you check in? Also, our room was not exactly accessible to us due to the toilet problem. So the woman behind the desk gave me 1 towel and said they ran out and didn't have any more.
After our time at the pool, we went back to our room and noticed that the toilet flood had come all the way into the room where the carpeting was and the carpet was soaking wet with toilet water. So we called the front desk again and reported the carpet problem and again asked about moving to another room. They said they had been trying to get a hold of us because they found another room but since they were not able to contact us, they gave that room away. I explained that we had gone to the pool since our room was ready for us to go back into. They said they would look for a new room for us to check into. So we got ready for dinner and were just walking out when they called and said they were able to find another room. Since we were leaving for dinner and planned on checking out at 8 a.m. the next morning, and had already gotten ready in the room with the toilet water soaked carpet, we told them to just bring us some towels for the floor. They sent dirty rags to put on the carpet and we decided never to stay here again!
Pool also had lots of bugs in it and they do not net it throughout the day. They really should net it periodically throughout the day.

Room Tip: Front desk staff acted like they were doing us a favor when we requested a new room after toilet flo...
1 Thank dsunnybunz
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and treating our guests as lifetime friends, it is upsetting to me that we did not accomplish this for you. I will follow up with the appropriate department managers to ensure others do not have a similar experience. I would love the opportunity to discuss the details of your stay with you, please contact me at your convenience at 951-506-1761 or msteiner@jcresorts.com

Manhattan Beach CA
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We were two couples and booked on the "Stay and Play" package, a really great value. Men really liked the golf. The course was sufficiently challenging and enjoyable. Course condition was excellent. Staff was ultra friendly.

The ladies enjoyed the in room massage. Liked it so much they regretted only booking an hour! Both ladies made use of the workout room and the pool.

We plan to return next year and will stay an extra day.

Room Tip: upstairs room with a view of the course
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
m_steiner1, Director of Operations at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Temecula Creek Inn, we appreciate the feedback,
I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Stay & Play Package, it really is a perfect get-away package with something for everyone. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.