“Positive Experience”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
San Diego, California
“Positive Experience”
Reviewed December 11, 2007

We just stayed one night. The room was huge. Clean, the beds were very comfortable. We didn't try any of the restaurants, amenities or golf so we can’t comment. However the front desk staff was very courteous. We asked for a very early check-in and were accommodated, a late check out and were accommodated. At check out the computers were down but the staff handled the situation expertly and we were not inconvenienced. If the golf course, restaurant and other amenities compare then your stay should be just fine. The place has a cozy, rustic, Country Inn atmosphere. We were very pleased.

• Liked — Size, clean, well stocked bath, had a great big flat screen TV (if you are in to TV)
  • Disliked — Puddle leading up to the room. (It rained 4.5" that day couldn't be helped) really no complaint
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OceanfrontSanDiego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Korean first
Long Beach
Reviewed August 27, 2007

I stayed at the Inn for two nights for a corporate retreat and then a relaxation night. When I arrived at the inn with my colleague they checked her in immediately and had a clean room with a lovely view ready for her. I had to wait an hour and a half for my room to be cleaned. We asked to be put close to each other so we could prepare and deliver (including multiple materials) our presentation together since we carpooled . Instead, I was placed at exactly the other end of the property. When I asked to be closer to the conference and my colleague I was told by an indifferent and slightly condescending staff member, "Oh we can't possibly do anything we're pretty full tonight." When I entered my room I was assailed by two competing smells, mold and cigarette smoke. Also, my scenic view was of the road and some half dead bushes. There was also the added bonus of the ant colony that was crawling across my table that added a rustic touch to the whole experience. And, I don't even want to venture a guess as to what the nose level little brown and red crusty particles were on the otherwise pristine white shower curtain.

DId I mention it took two days and three requests to get a "Do Not Disturb" sign? The last straw was that when I returned the second evening to my room and I was locked out of my room since the balance of my conference had finished and checked out. By the way, I was assured at check- in ( by one of the helpful staff members) when I showed my multiple confirmations, retreat and personal, that I was set for the duration of my stay.

This is the second year in a row my company has booked this hotel for a retreat. Next year, I will advise our organization that my experience at this hotel was singularly unpleasant and if we go back, I'd prefer to drive back home instead of spending the night at a hotel that cares so little for its guests welfare or comfort.

• Liked — Rooms and grounds at the end of the Inn complex
  • Disliked — The attitude of the staff and the noisy, inconsistent air conditioning (cold in some rooms, hot in others)
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank thwangster
Washington DC & San Diego CA
Reviewed July 8, 2007

The pluses: The room I stayed in was nice, large and spacious and well-appointed. The bed was comfortable. The pool area was well-attended and well-kept, and you could get a limited range of snacks delivered to the pool. The food in the restaurant and the event I attended was terrific (but overpriced).

The minuses: The major drawback is that the staff seems disorganized and not very eager to help guests. Since this is an independent hotel in an out-of-the-way location, I believe they're simply not motivated to try winning repeat business. I tried first to make my reservations via their website: the reservation tool never worked properly. Then I sent two emails, neither of which was acknowledged (much less responded to). Finally, I called the hotel and was able to make reservations. (Why bother having a website and listing an email address ifor reservations if they're completely useless? ) It's a great strategy to ignore and frustrate your clients right from the very first contact, because then they will have lower expectations when they arrive and will already be getting using to the treatment they can expect while guests.

For the price of the room ($169 one night, $179 the next), I expected the service to be much better. It's true that if you hit the front desk at just the wrong time, there will be a big line. Do not expect to be allowed to check in early, either. Also, there is an expensive charge if you want to use their in-room internet (and my Sprint wireless card got service there, but barely.) This is a hotel I want to like, because the grounds are lovely, but it shows a "bad attitude". What a shame, because with a little more effort this could be a terrific resort-type stay.

One other drawback is that it is near NOTHING (the wineries are about a 15-minute drive away---skip Thornton, which is a tourist trap and the wine is swill). If you want breakfast, be prepared to spend around $15 per person at the hotel. Most of the wineries will charge about $10 per person for wine tasting, too.

• Liked — Lovely grounds and comfortable room
  • Disliked — Indifferent service and expensive food
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank roeslers
san marcos, ca
Reviewed June 24, 2007

We just had a large corporate event at the golf course. The course itself was in great condition and was definitely a challenge worth the money. However, the staff were generally rude and completely unprepared for our group other than the tee times (all the "included" tournament pieces were omitted - closest to the pin, longest drive, lunch voucher at the turn, etc.) I wish I could at least say the rudeness was an isolated event, but several of our employees noted the same treatment. Unfortunately, I'd stay away from this place unless you absolutely must play the Stonehouse nine.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank rocbuilder
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We stayed for one night to go wine tasting. I can't believe how much they charge for those rooms simply because they are on a golf course!! We paid extra to get what was supposed to be an "executive view" and were on the bottom level right in front of a green with not much of a view. When we checked in we had to wait in line forever because there was only one person working at the front desk. When we got to the room we opened the fridge and there were EMPTY bottles in it, as if someone had drank some of the items and put them back hoping they wouldn't be charged. How gross... Not to mention there were such random items there that it seemed the staff hadn't replaced all the items. when I called the front desk they just said "oh we won't charge you for that", no apology, no offer to come and replace the missing items. The sink was actually full of dirty water when we got there as if the drain were clogged. The beds were lumpy and not very comfortable. The pool area is old and run down. I've seen much newer and nicer pools at Best Westerns. The grounds are covered with weeds and spiky brush unless you're on the course. By the way, we originally booked 9 holes and ended up cancelling because they wouldn't honor the price on their website...they actually wouldn't give any better price because we were staying at the hotel. I am really mad that I paid full price for that room but we were in a hurry to leave otherwise I would have spoken with management. The quality of it was more like a motel. I would not stay here again and would tell everyone I know they shouldn't either.

Stayed May 2007
3 Thank bice710
Southern California
Reviewed May 17, 2007

I got married in Temecula in April and the entire wedding party and numerous guests stayed at the Temecula Creek Inn. It was the perfect choice for lodging. The prices were fair, and the rooms large and comfortable. The rooms were very nicely updated and I was pleasantly surprised with the bathrooms, furnishings, ipod compatible clock radios, and plasma televisions in everyroom. I agree that prior to the remodel of the rooms they were a little outdated, but they have definitely turned that around. I have nothing but pleasant memories of my stay there. The surroundings were very nice and quiet, and had a nice rustic feel to it. The balconies had nice views of the golf course. We were greeted warmly by all staff, from the front desk, housekeeping, and engineering when they came to fix a lightbulb. We booked about 20 rooms and a nice feature was the adjoining lounge room that we booked that connected to four guest rooms. It was a comfortable and convenient place for family to get together and hang out, and included a sofa, a couple arm chairs, a plasma tv, bar/sink, full bathroom, and patio. The only negative I can think of is that the pool could use some sprucing up, but it's not too bad.

I would highly recommend Temecula Creek Inn for group bookings such as a wedding party or if you just want a nice quiet place to stay in Temecula. I hope your stay will be as pleasant as mine. And don't forget to bring your Ipod!

• Liked — The updated room and outdoor surroundings
  • Disliked — the pool
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank voltronic
Solana Beach
Reviewed May 8, 2007

This wonderful inn was the perfect place to be based for our wine country weekend. The lodge-like accommodations had all the creature comforts (including a large flatscreen TV) we desired but had a lovely rustic flair that melded beautifully into the setting. The term "inn" doesn't really do it justice - this is a resort with a golf course, pool and a beautiful upscale restaurant. The wineries and local attractions were all nearby, but each time we returned to the Inn we felt as if we were transported away from all the hustle and bustle. This is a great place to unwind. Our guestroom was very large by today's standards and we had a nice patio that gave us a view of the grounds. We enjoyed a lovely dinner and two breakfasts at the restaurant. The servivce was very professional but genuinely warm and friendly. We found all the food to be outstanding.

• Liked — Luxurious amenities without being too formal - great bed and TV
  • Disliked — Having to go home
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple