“Unpleasant, Disappointing Experience”

Temecula Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
“Unpleasant, Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

My experience was very disappointing. I have enjoyed staying in a wide range of lodging types - from 5 star hotels to old rustic cabins- but never have my expectations been so far off from what I had seen on the company's website. My experience is summarized as follows:

Appearance:
The buildings resembled an old set of apartment buildings with clean, basic rooms. The golf course and grounds were lush and well maintained, with an abundance of bunnies and birds around.

Rooms:
My room smelled of a musty odor reminiscent of an old smoking room in a motel converted to a non-smoking room. The balcony overlooked the nice golf course but the loud, incessant buzz of traffic along the adjacent freeway prevented me from enjoying the peaceful view. The intermittent running of the toilet throughout the night, the dull humming noise (from the rooftop or adjacent room), and the poor television reception on all channels prevented very little sleep or relaxation.

Service:
The front desk clerk's unfriendly demeanor upon check-in made me feel quite unwelcome. I received an unfriendly "Hold on" as she proceeded to finish another task without even a glance toward me. During this several minute wait, the other employee at the front desk - who I assume may be in a different department based on her uniform- gave me a pleasant, welcoming smile. When inquiring about local wineries in the area, I received a curt, "Ask tomorrow" from the clerk. Her demeanor somewhat brightened towards the end as she finished with me.

In contrast, the restaurant staff and the clerk during check-out were friendly and professional. The clerk made note of the running toilet and poor television reception in the room and apologized for the inconveniences I had during my stay. When I had inquired about wineries, she quickly produced a brochure and provided several wonderful recommendations and thorough directions to the top wineries. I will definitely revisit the wineries that she had recommended but unfortunately, will not consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank travquick
m_steiner1, Director of Operations at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with us at Temecula Creek Inn. We pride ourselves on excellent service and treating each guest as lifelong friends, I regret that this was not what you experienced. I will address this with the department managers and take immediate corrective measures to ensure this does not happen again. I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at msteiner@jcresorts.com or 951-506-1761.

Best Wishes,
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel with a group. The rooms are nice and the pool area is nice. Not sure I would stay here again as I usually stay at less expensive hotels but overall nice stay.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable experience at Temecula Creek Inn. We hope to have you as our guest again the near future.

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Went on a golf weekend here...Course was in great shape and beautiful... Reasonable twilight rates too...However, the room we had was not up to par. Quite outdated, screen on the sliding glass door was completely ripped, and the shower when your turned it on sounded like a freight train coming through as well as the water temp changed by itself. My advice, play here, don't stay here...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ck3mills
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Temecula Creek Inn, we appreciate the feedback and the opprtunity to improve. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Golf Course, our groudskeepers work hard to keep it in great shape! But, I am sorry to hear your guest room was not up to par. I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at msteiner@jcresorts.com or 951-506-1761.

Hawaii
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We are looking forward to staying here again to hopefully enjoy the golfing and spa. Our only complaint was problems with our room key working intermittently. The property is lovely, charming and well maintained with a rustic feel. The Champagne Sunday brunch is fabulous, one of the best I've ever been too and I love unlimited champagne. The service at the restaurant and front desk was excellent. The room was large, nice balcony and very comfortable, parking is free and next to the rooms. Overall I thought the Inn was very welcoming, clean, friendly, relaxing and a great place to spend time after a day of wine tasting.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
m_steiner1, Director of Operations at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience at Temecula Creek Inn. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on the challenges you had with your room key to the appropriate Department Manager.
Ca
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on the golf package, and everything was perfect, the room, view from the room and the golf. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting about your recent stay on our Golf Package. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your feedback with our staff.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The hotel is overpriced for the value received. The front desk staff is very unprofessional. Their onsite restaurant is okay but they are overly proud of the food and it is reflected in the price. The beds were hard as bricks, the walls were thin. For nearly $300/night, it's not worth it. The food is good enough for what is essentially a glorified coffee shop setting, but certainly not worth the prices they charge.

Oh, and I'm not exactly sure if they change out the guest bathrobes all the time. I found several long dark hairs inside one of the robes and a dark smear on the inside of the robe as well. Needless to say, we chose not to avail ourselves of this particular "amenity".

That said, the golf at $80 per person for hotel guests is good. They have 3 nine's to choose from, Stone, Mountain and Creek. Very fun, very playable resort courses.

I doubt we'll be back until they can either upgrade their hotel, or bring their pricing more in line with the quality of the accommodations.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced at Temecula Creek Inn. Please be assured it is our goal for every guest to receive exceptional service and a comfortable, welcoming environment. I have shared your experience with the appropriate department managers and we have taken immediate corrective measures to ensure others do not have the same experience in future. I would love the oppurtunity to discuss your stay personally.

951-506-1761
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We booked the Golf Package and played 18 holes of golf both on the day we arrived and the day we left. Both days, the course played quickly with no waits and no one pushing us. We only stayed one night, but packed a lot into our trip. We toured nearby Pachanga Resort & Casino and ate dinner at Cafe Champaigne at Thornton Winery. I would recommend eating at the Temecula Inn dining room (Temeku Grill) instead. The staff for golf and for lodgings were very friendly and went out of their way to make our visit exceptional. With all the trees, water, mountain views, and quiet grounds, the atmosphere is calming and tranquil. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. (It was our anniversary and we received a complimentary bottle of wine in our room.)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
m_steiner1, Director Of Operations at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience at Temecula Creek Inn. We are glad to hear your enjoyed golfing and staying with us. I will share your feedback with our staff.