Lets start with CHECK IN. After asking for our favorite spot, yes we checked our map from last year, we discovered that they had re-numbered the sites. Ok, we dealt with that because the new spot was not so bad. We set up, my husband and daughter went to the office to pick up our Haunted Hayride & Haunted House tickets. The office ladies told my husband that they are not handing out 2 complementary tickets anymore, they are under new owners. Ok. So my husband spent $150 on tickets for our family of 6, which included the NEW Balloon Glow Ride. Later that same day I went to the office with my sister inlaw so she could check in and while we were there I explained to her that they were not offering free tickets anymore since they were under new owners. She asked, she received free tickets, imagine my surprise, so I asked and they said that they had just received the tickets so they were now handing them out. This is were the Rip Off really started.
1. Spoke to owner Bill, yes they will refund my money, "no" does not have to be today sine all my "purchased" tickets were at my site and it was late
2. Both my teenage kids were stopped by the rangers while driving an electric cart to check their license (which they both had in the trailer) but they did not stop the young kids driving/racing the loud gas carts around our site
3. My husband was stopped by the rangers when he tried to drive the cart up to the village at 10:30pm and was told no carts allowed after 10:30pm, what about the 5 loud gas carts racing around my site at 11:00pm? This same ranger ran over when we were starting a fire and accused us of using gas to start it, when my husband was holding a lighter fluid bottle
4. Haunted Hayride lasted 4 minutes, included 3 areas with maybe 15 monsters, was to start at 6:30pm actually started at 7:25pm, and SUCKED LEMONS for $10 per person
5. Other things accured this weekend but the WORST to happen was when we tried to go to the office to get our money back for our tickets that Bill, the new owner, said was OK. Well, we talked to Nora, and between my husband trying to complain and Nora trying to yell over him that we would not be getting our money back, (she took my tickets and would not give them back) she actually said she was calling the police saying my husband was abusive and threatened her. WHAT A CROCK. I guess this is how the new owners and managers are treating their 8 year veteran VIP campers.
6. When we prepaid $10 for an extra car, they still charged the extra car and would not refund this amount either.
7. We also wont mention the fact that they are not giving receipts for all the purchased ride vouchers even after we asked for them. This is $40 per person if you go on all rides.
This is on top of the $110 a night fee.
I WILL NEVER GO BACK AND I WILL NEVER RECOMMED THIS CAMP SITE TO ANYONE!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vail Lake RV Resort features 467 full hook up RV sites with 30 and 50 AMP power. The property is adjacent to Vail Lake with great Largemouth Bass fishing and boating. Vail Lake has miles of challenging and scenic mountain bike trails (best suited for intermediate and advanced riders)along with miniature golf course, horseshoe pits, bocce ball and more. The majority of our RV camping sites are located among a large grove of mature oak trees offering shaded areas for relaxing. We are minutes away from the wineries and amenities of the Temecula Valley but the setting is rustic and natural with views of the surrounding mountain region. Currently we do not offer tent camping at Vail Lake but we may be offering some tent sites in the near future. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Vail Lake Village & Rv Hotel Temecula
- Vail Lake Village And Rv Resort