“GREAT Campground!!!! Wish I knew about it years ago!!!!! READ MY REVIEW”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Temecula
Vail Lake RV Resort
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We heard of Vail Lakes before but I checked it out on the internet the site does not give good info or pictures.....so we never went! Well we needed somewhere close to get together with friends and Family on 4th of July... so we risked it..........OMG I wish I had risked it a long time ago!!! Huge oak trees, Big Spots, water-slides (kids cried when they had to leave), Big clean pool area with 3 pools (one is a kids splash pool), Big grass areas, amazing horseshoe pits, wine and beer bar on fri. & Sat nights, horse stables with good prices to rent, we saw deer!, we took our Rhinos and went off-roading on trails to lake, (The Lake is membership only with water skiing fishing etc.) but (we are considering joining), wine tasting in temecula is like 15 minutes away, as are stores etc....... I can't even go on about the 4th of July events, except to say WOW !!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!! I am a picky camper I love full hook -ups and Newport Dunes....so believe me when I say It will not disappoint!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank SundayinNorco

Reviewed June 10, 2010

I love Vail Lake and the employees. Tish is wonderful and sweet, and the camp is clean. We have stayed for the last three years during the Spooky Halloween scene and had a great time along with all the kids. We have also stayed during fourth of July and loved the Hay ride, fire work display and the water slide, which I might add is reasonably priced. They have tons of activities for the kids and adults to do. Defenitly going back!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaphneBell
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We had a great time. My husband has a brain injury so when we made the reservation I asked what spot would be good for him and the girls went out of there way to get us something shady and quiet. We stayed in the oaks area and it was so convienent for the stores and also we got to hear the music on sat night without having to take him over to the village area.Everybody from the time we passed the security gate till we left always had a smile on there face thanks vail for letting us have a great family and friends weekend celebrating our 35 th wedding anniversary.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank cruisingmamma
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We found this resort online and were worried about what we would find. Photos can be deceiving but we were more than pleasantly surprised! We stayed in the Oaks section and were surrounded by beautiful Oak trees. Weekends are crowded but Sunday night we had the area to ourselves. There are 3 pools with one being the size of an olympic pool! Large grassy area with fishing pond adjacent to pool provides a serene and peaceful atmosphere. Saturday night we were entertained by live music and yummy tacos! The onsite market was also very reasonably priced. Like I said weekends are crowded and I guess it's like anywhere else where you can't control your neighbors. We walked past very noisy patrons with boom boxes blaring. I did notice security driving by but I don't know if they ask people to be quiet. I don't understand why some people think that it's okay to blast their music so loud that campers 20 spaces away can still hear you. All in all I think this was a great park and we will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank baseballm0m_3
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We stayed here last Memorial Day Weekend. We had been steered to our spot #208, by the girl I made the reservation with. She had told me it was her 'favorite'. By no means was this possible. It was basically a large dirt spot with a dead tree and two very rickety wooden shade structures. It was right across from the bathroom, so there was a lot of foot traffic and noise. The worst part about the weekend was the incessant noise from numerous 'golf carts', most with gasoline engines and many with very loud muflers that would cruise around the campground all day long. The campground was fairly dirty as well with litter everywhere. The only consolationw as that the bathrooms and showers were kept clean.
The pool area was nice, any we enjoyed the water slide, but these were not enough to make it what I would call a good weekend.
Next time, if there is one, we would stay in chardonnay mesa on the outside ring to enjoy the grassy area and better views.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank pjlord
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Stayed at Vail Lake Resort for 4 days. Arrived at 11pm in the dark. Camp Host escorted us to our campsite. Stayed in the "Oaks" section. We arrived the Friday night before Easter and the campground was almost completely full. To be expected there were many people up late sitting around camp fires partying having fun. The Oaks area has beautiful oak trees covering the area. Drove through the other sections of the campground the next day and all looked great. I'd suggest staying in the Chardonnay Mesa section if sites are available. They are a little close but beautiful views all around. Drove through Arroyo Seco section in the back and it is in need of a total renovation. Beautiful pool area with well groomed lawn surrounding the exterior. One thing to remember is that there is no cable TV available in the campsites.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank DADuv2
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We love camping and are pretty serious campers, but this place is like a luxury hotel for camping. It's 5 mins from wine tasting + they have waterslides ++ 3 pools +++ a bar ++++ and they're decently priced. If you go at the right times of the year it's not too hot. It's incredibly clean, I would suggest though staying in the Chardonnay Mesa, cleaner, nice breeze, and they have gorgeous lawns. There's even a laundromat on the grounds. I would reccommend for anyone

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple