“a great place to camp”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Temecula
Vail Lake RV Resort
suncity
“a great place to camp”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

dont understand all the negativity. we have camped there forover 10 yeas never had a problem with staff or campsite. and as far as vera being rude is not true she has been very freindly with us . we will always come back great place

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank dave suncity f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Diego
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have loved coming to Vail Lake Resort for years.
There is something for everyone to enjoy,
from sports to relaxation. If you want to ride your dirt bike there is a great down hill track. If you like to ride horses you can go for a beautiful trail ride.
If fishing is your thing ,then you will love the big mouth bass you might catch .a big bass 12Lbs + you can get a day pass to shore fish for $10.
There are a lot of fish in Vail Lake ( The Largest man made, privately owned lake in California ) one of my friends caught 50 fish in one day!

There are things for the kids Water Slides, Pool, Mini Golf, RC Race Track and an Arcade. On Saturdays you can come and enjoy the live music of a good band.

if you just want a quiet place to relax, you can find that to.

My favorite thing about Vail Lake Resort is the people you meet and the memories you make. Come out with your family to a holaday event like Labor Day at the lake or Halloween to see what i mean. Bill and Tish love seeing the families enjoying them selves ….. I will be back to see what is next

PS The community store staff are very awesome and family friendly and the food is yummy. do not forget the tacos, burritos and homemade carne asida grill on saturday evenings

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Zach C
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We are part of a church who has been coming to vail lake every year for nine years now, the last two years my family and two more families from our church stay for seven nights, for us it is an incredible experience in all areas, starting with the staff, they always try their bes to make our stay as comfortable as possible. They always ask if there is anything that they can help with. I remember one time one of our friends needed a table and the people in charge of maintance brought them one to our campsite, as soon as they could which was nice. The facilities that they offer for large groups are awesome, they have very large sites with a lots of shade, bathrooms with hot water, three nice swimming pools, convenient store, live music on weekends, water slides, horse back riding.... Etc. Also our husbands love to bike ride, they have nice bike trails with amazing views. We just came back, and like always we brought with us beautiful memories, being in a place like this brought the families from church closer together .... And our kids ... They always look forward to having our family camp every summer. We really recommend this place, they're not perfect but they always try their best to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Monica M
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 16, 2012

they think tent campers are undisirables. they put you down and away from the motorhome section so they can ignore you and not pick up the trash or clean the bathrooms

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank dave m
VailLakeTed, Manager at Vail Lake RV Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dave,

I am sorry you are unhappy with our decision to eliminate Tent Camping. The decision was made some time ago but we have honored reservations that were on the books and, in some cases, allowed in tent campers who were "stranded".

It is true that we have set aside a certain area for the remaining Tent Reservations but that area is one of our most scenic with scores of ancient Oak Trees. There is no excuse for garbage not being picked up and we apologize for that.

The decision to eliminate Tent Camping was not an easy one for us - especially in this economy. We arrived at it at the urging of our thousands of RV Guest who felt there was a small but boisterous segment of the "Tenters" who were disrupting their peaceful stay.

Again, our apologies and rest assured you were not subject to dirty bathrooms because you were a Tent Camper. We failed to do our job and thank you for letting us know.
Temecula, California
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I would like to say I am not a high maintenance type of person so please read this knowing that. When we first arrived our site was full of red ants, 3 huge ant hills. I went to the front office to ask them to help me out and the answer I got was " you can can drive to town and get spray" Really, wrong answer. So right out the gate we knew we had no support from the staff. The electrical didn't work at all and shorted out of camper which is a whole other story. The bathrooms were scary they were full of mold and had big huge holes in the walls. There was a HUGE black bug of some sort in the corner and I could have sworn that is told me to leave the bathroom.y husband used the bathroom the next morning and there were diapers and poo all over the place. I guess its hard to hit the toilets when your drunk!! The pool wasn't heated and the waterslide was far from the picture you see on the site. It was a tube going down a small hill not worth 5 bucks let alone 20. I agree with all the other comments about the motorized vehicles driving around all day and night with a underage kids driving them. We stayed memorial weekend and I understand partying I get it but it was like a high school party that never stopped. People were still drinking when we got up at 7 in the morning. Poor livers!! My husband had to tell our neighbors to turn their music down at around 2am we just couldn't hear one more kid rock album.. Not worth the money at all. We ended up leaving a day early because it looked like things were only going down hill way to fast. Its not a place you want your kids to be. I have nothing good to say about this place. And the restaurant there was over priced, we paid 30 bucks for 2 hamburgers and a hot dog!!! This place sucked, that just sums it up!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank zander2004
Zander,

I too, would turn back!

I am not quite sure how to respond to the experience you had. I can assure you it is not typical. We have one of the most loyal customer bases in the business and one of the main reasons they site for returning is the kid friendly nature of Vail.

I would like to offer you a free weekend at Vail so you have a chance to see how it is supposed to work. I will communicate with you privately on this offer.

As for what you did encounter there was no excuse for the staff not coming to your assistance with the ant and electrical problem. We have an electrician on staff 24 hours a day to deal with power problems - be they a bad hook up on our part or a faulty generator in your RV.

We have a strict proabition against under age people driving any vehicle on the property and we have very explicit noise control policies. Obviously, you found yourself in an area where our Rangers were not doing their job.

Since the season opened we have had to let a number of our security people go. We now have a top notch team in place and I am sure, if you return, you will not find the problems you encountered early in the season..

I do not offer that as an excuse - we should have been better prepared when the season opened.

Please consider being our guest so you can see what Vail Lake is really like.
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This place is a rip off! Go to Tucolata Springs or Lake Skinner for a third of the price.

This place will charge you for everything. Lets see, for a family of 4 to go fishing for a day it was something crazy like $70.00

The water slides ( with freezing cold water ) are another $20.00 each.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank dprell
Dprell,

I am sorry you were disappointed with the value you received for your money. You are absolutely correct in saying there are cheaper places to stay.

We feel that the total package we offer guest is something very unique. With your Camp Site comes access to 11,000 acres of wilderness with miles of off road, bike , and horse trials.

You can swim, water ski, wake-board, or just hang out in our 1000 acre lake or enjoy any one of our 4 Pools. We offer entertainment in the evenings, and concerts and fireworks on major holidays.

Granted it is not for everyone. Our prices are higher but we believe we offer one of the best values in Southern California.
Almond, WI
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We are snowbirds from Wisconsin and we spent our winter as Camp Hosts at Vail Lake RV Resort. The Camp Host program was fun and fair and we met many dear friends who we will truely miss when we go back to Wisconsin.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple