“Great Little Place to stay.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Temecula
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Chandler, Arizona
“Great Little Place to stay.”
Reviewed September 13, 2008

We Stayed here in August 2008 for a funeral, and stayed with family and friends who were also attending the service.

The hotel is very nice and seems to be new. With everyone in our party we had six rooms all on the same floor.

Check in was very easy and we were up to our rooms with in 15 minutes of arrival. The downside of the lobby is that there is only one small elevator so all of our suitcases and the members of our party could not fit. The rest of us took the stairs.

The rooms are clean ans nice. The hotel is right next to the freeway and main street and we heard no noise during our stay. The bathrooms were clean and rather large. Out of the six rooms we had they were all different; and they were supposed to have the same ammenities. Some of the rooms had a microwave and fridge others just a fridge and one had niether. All of the rooms had flat screen tvs and closets which were nice.

One morning after returnig from breakfast my mom and dad found ants all over the room! They had no food what so ever yet there were ants all over the carpet desk and inside my moms purse. The hotel was very understanding and made a room transfer right away. The only downside was that it was on the 1st floor and everyone else was on the 3rd.

The breakfast area was very nice. There were lots of items to choose from as well as hot jimmy dean sandwiches.

The pool was decent and it had a spa. Not really relaxing as the pool backs up to the main freeway.

If you are a starbucks person like us there is one with in walking distance and there is also a couple of resturants near by.

We would stay here again if we are ever in the area.

• Liked — The location and the srevice as well as the breakfast.
  • Disliked — The closeness to the freeway and the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank WDWDisneyfan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 26, 2008

As other reviewers have noted, the staff at this hotel are very nice and the hotel is kept very clean. The maids, workers, desk clerks, everyone says hello when they see you. It has only one elevator, so perhaps that's why it is two stars. The hotel is located right off the Winchester exit almost immediately on Jefferson. It is set back from the street a bit in a cluttered sort of strip mall, escrow office, realtor, tailor, but also a Tony Roma's and a breakfast/deli type restaruant. Oh, yes, and a Jack in the Box sits right on the corner of this oddly laid out strip mall. Use it as a guide for when to turn into the strip mall to find the Fairfield Inn. There is another sort of cluttered strip mall across the street and an industrial park further down the road if you go right on Jefferson instead of left to the hotel. This must be why there are a lot of business types staying at this hotel. The rooms are small, so if you have to pay upwards of $125, you may be disappointed. I used Marriot points, only 7500 for a king room here, which is a bargain. The suites are obviously bigger, and I would stay in those if I were there for more than a day or so. I stayed in an accessible room, which was very comfortable. It does not have a roll in shower though if you are traveling with a wheel chair. The breakfast consists of juice, coffee, yogurt, muffins, bagels, cereal, Jimmy Dean sausage type sandwiches to heat up, and fresh, whole fruit. There is also a waffle maker (!) The batter is in a large coffee urn type of container nearby and you pour the batter in the waffle machine, just as you might as home, no frozen waffles here just freshly made, which may be a reason to stay all on its own :) I recommend the hotel to weary travelers looking for a comfortable place to stay; you will find nice staff, clean rooms, and a good breakfast.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
San Marcos, California
Reviewed July 27, 2008

We were there for a quick overnight stay - coming from San Diego to watch a jazz concert at Thornton, so it was pretty much in in the afternoon, out in the morning. This hotel actually exceeded my expectations for a fairfield. Very clean room, friendly staff, tasty continental breakfast. We were staying on Marriott points, so can't comment on the pricing. Our room was designed for wheelchair access, so things were a bit tall or short, but not a big inconvenience there. Nice flat-screen TV in the room, also the free wired internet was a bonus. Easy parking, close to the highway. Really, very pleasant experience.

• Liked — Clean Room, Good Technology, Good Location
  • Disliked — Elevator's Obnoxious Buzzing at each Floor
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
LAS VEGAS, NV
Reviewed July 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last Thursday. My husband actually had this room booked thru his employer since he was in Temecula for a managers meeting the next day. I just tagged along with him. We only stayed one night but I thought the room was very clean. We had a king bed...the sheets were clean and very white and the bed had lots of fluffy pillows. The maids even left little candies on the pillows. TV worked good, had some movie channels. Closet was a bit small and the doors were a bit awkward but there was only 2 of us and we only stayed 1 night so it worked for us. The bathroom was HUGE and clean and there were plenty of towels. I was surprised to see how big it was since normally the bathrooms are pretty small in hotels. There is a hair dryer and Pantene shampoo, conditioner & lotion. There is a coffee maker in the room but we are not coffee drinkers. The hotel is off the freeway but I did not hear any traffic at all and slept pretty well. So overall the room was excellent. The next morning we went down to the free continental breakfast that they provide. They served Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches which you could pop in the microwave, toast, waffles, muffins, bagels, apple juice, orange juice, fruit, yogurt...this breakfast was perfect for us and it was rather good. Although we didn't get a chance to go, there is a small pool that fits about 20 people or so. This would be good for a quick swim or for kids..they also had a jacuzzi. We really didn't really talk to any of the employees only at check in and check out and the employees were friendly. Oh and I should mention that we drove out from Las Vegas and did not check in till almost 11pm. We had no problems checking in and were given the room that was reserved. Overall our visit to this hotel was excellent and we would definately stay here again.

• Liked — The Beds And Continental Breakfast
  • Disliked — The Closet Doors...But Again, They Are Manageable
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
South Carolina
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I was a bit skeptical about spending 2 weeks in freeway-view, 2-star hotel. My doubts started melting away the moment I walked in the lobby, and by the next morning I was a fan of this hotel.

Pros:
1. Impeccable cleanliness, virtually an antiseptic room.
2. Excellent quality and condition of everything, including the 32" flat panel lcd tv.
3. Best bed I've slept on in any hotel (reminded me of that tv commercial where a mattress salesman was eating ground coffee not to fall asleep from demonstrating his products).
4. Courtesy and professionalism of the staff. Coming back from dinner the day I arrived, somebody had left a small bottle of wine and a thank you for your business card. Nice!
5. Easy acces from I-15 and great noise insulation for a hotel less than 100 feet from the freeway.
6. Rich continental breakfast in a cozy room with fireplace and big plasma tv.

Cons:
My room was toward the small size, but I've seen larger rooms and suites in the hotel.

All in all, a very pleasant experience. Is this really a 2-star hotel?

• Liked — Bed, cleanliness
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank lamishtoe
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed April 27, 2008

I had expected a pleasant stay due to the positive reviews but was extremely disappointed, especially since we blew almost $200 a night on this room.

There were a few positives:
+ Very clean from the public areas to the rooms, including the carpet
+ Nice staff
+ Convenient location, right off the I15

The negatives:
- Disappointingly tiny King room. The nightstand was against the wall and our suitcase had to go in the closet. It literally was the size of my college dorm room.
- Because the rooms are so small, we were in very close proximity with our neighbors. We could hear everyone from our floor talk as the walls and doors were thin. We could even hear the upstairs and downstairs water pipes and the closets opening.
- The front desk recommended the street side vs. freeway as being quiter but it ended up being worse. We heard sirens, car alarms, car music all from our room since the windows didn't block much sound either.

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Clausterphobic rooms and extremely noisy
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Santa Ana, CA
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I stayed for two nights at the Fairfield Inn. I have stayed at several hotels in the area for a conference that I attend twice a year. This was my favorite. The hotel is right off Winchester, which is right off the freeway. I couldn't hear a thing in the room, it was very quiet. I got the jacuzzi room, which was huge. Separate sitting area with a plasma TV, desk, mini-refrigerator, free WiFi. The king size bed was more comfortable than most hotel rooms. HUGE double-sink bathroom. Nice shower but, oddly enough, they didn't have any place for you to put your soap or shampoo! So it had to go down on the floor!

The jacuzzi is really nice. It could use an extra step to get into it, though. That's a pretty big step getting in, or out. Lots of fluffy towels. Free breakfast in the morning, easy to park and get into the hotel, and easy check out, they give you your final bill the night before, charge it to your card, and off you go.

The pool is extremely small, so don't expect anything there. No view either, from my room, but that was fine. I had lots of elbow room and that's what counts with me. Plenty of storage, another plasma TV in the bedroom, with a chest of drawers and a closet.

Friendly people working there, check in quick and efficient. I would highly recommend it, and will make this my hotel in the Temecula/Murrieta area from here on in.

• Liked — Beautiful room, sparkling clean, very quiet
  • Disliked — No shelf in shower for soap; awkward to get into jacuzzi
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo