“Great service”

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
KY horse capital
“Great service”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites for over a week and we were very happy with our King Suite. The reception staff was the best. They even faxed a couple of documents for us for free. Our room on the 3rd floor was just 2 doors away from the elevator but was not a problem. The housekeeping staff was very considerate of our schedule and they kept our bathroom stocked w/ enough towels and toiletries. The Fairfield Inn and Suites will be our go to hotel next time we're in Temecula.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KYhorsecapital

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We enjoy visiting Temecula and this was our 3rd trip since March of this year. This was the 1st time staying in this hotel.

The reception staff in the afternoon of check-in (11/22) and morning check/out (11/23) were welcoming and very helpful. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom (4 sets for 2 people). The bathroom did not have any ventilation so it stayed quite humid for a long while after a shower. That made it difficult to style one's hair or apply make-up.

The spa/pool are outdoors and next to the freeway. It's loud but the spa is huge and hot--just what we love! Very clean, too. The pool was heated also.

Breakfast is complementary and this hotel had everything--fresh fruits, great selection of breads and muffins, two kinds of eggs, sausage, juices, yogurts, waffles, cereals, hot beverages. The finish area is comfortable with options for electronics.

Ask for a room away from the freeway.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I had a night stay on Saturday night. Room was clean and staff was friendly. Plumbing on my room was not functioning properly. Continental breakfast was very good. Location of the hotel was convenient to everything I needed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Fresno, California
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband participated in the Tough Mudder in Temecula this November. We got to the hotel late and the counter staff was very friendly. We just stayed the night and left very early in the morning. The room was very clean and a nice set up with a little living room area. After the Mudder my husband could't find his glasses. He thought he might have left them in the room in our rush to get to the race. We contacted the hotel and they were very helpful in looking for them. Even though we didn't really get to enjoy the hotel too much we did like our stay. I'd choose this hotel again if we needed to be in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
North Jersey
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is an affordable alternative to the higher priced hotels in the area. Plus, it was close to Old Town and the area wineries. Typical Marriott quality and great front desk service. We were in town for a wedding and would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013
Oakland, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I made reservations for myself and two others to stay at the hotel. One of the people in my party got in early and checked in before I arrived. The additional guest and I arrived at 2:00 am Saturday morning and were exhausted from travel. We checked in and immediately went to sleep.

The next morning we woke and noticed a foul smell coming from what we thought was the carpet in the room. We looked around for the source of the smell and identified a red stain in front of the nightstand and assumed that was the source. I called the front desk to let them know of the situation and they sent a cleaning person in almost immediately. The women moved the nightstand (ignoring the red stain) and sprinkled powder on the floor. She then assured us that the stain was “just Gatorade” and to call the front desk again if the smell was still bothering us. Upon returning to the room that afternoon we noticed the deodorizer had been vacuumed up and the smell had in fact returned. We again contacted the front desk and they let us know that the hotel was booked but would send someone in to sprinkle more powder on the carpet. We awoke Sunday morning to the smell - despite leaving the air on all night to circulate.

When I checked out I spoke with the front desk person and explained our concern about the conditions over the course of our stay. She said that would possibly be able to take $20 off our stay but that she would pass my information over to the General Manager who would call me after reviewing the notes on the situation. We checked out of the hotel and I gave them my cell phone number, awaiting the call. Three hours later I decided to call the hotel, as I had not heard from anyone.

The General Manager answered and we started to discuss the situation. As I attempted to explain the situation, she started to talk over me and stated that no one could have checked in and not immediately noticed the smell, indicating that she thought we were the ones responsible for it. I explained that we called as soon as we were awake and that the cleaning people went straight to a specific location, even taking time to move the nightstand. That there was no wet mess or stain on the bedding or nightstand. I assured her that we were not responsible and reminded her that we never called for cleaning of any messes, but only of the presence of a smell that became worse as the deodorant powder started to dissipate. She then became combative and started to argue with me that one of our guests had checked in at 3:00 pm on Friday, again insinuating that she/we were responsible for the smell. She then flatly stated that there was nothing she could do to remedy the situation and that they had taken $20 off the bill – this was the extent of their customer service. So the long and the short of it is, someone puked in our room, it wasn't properly cleaned, we were issued the room, and when we complained of the smell they said it was us. Horrible customer service!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Casey H

Travelers are raving about these Temecula hotels

California
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel was in the good location while we attended a wedding in Temecula. It was right off the freeway and easy to find.
The room was nice appointed, the king bed was comfortable but the sofa sleeper which we needed, was not worthy of being slept on. That was the only negative.
The five star rating is for the front desk personel. They are well trained and so nice.
The room was quite expensive, but it did include breakfast which was very good.
I would stay here again if doing a wine tour or attending a wedding.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family