“Four out of Five Stars”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Ventura, CA
“Four out of Five Stars”
Reviewed January 14, 2007

We stayed at the Churon Winery for one night for a romantic getaway. The weather was unseasonably cold (got down to 25 degrees the night we were there), so we didn't get to enjoy our balcony, but the view from the window was very nice.

DISAPPOINTMENTS: The room was nice, but not fantastic. We appreciated the aesthetics of the fireplace, but as with all gas fireplaces, it didn't give off much heat. They had some water damage in the ceiling that they hadn't fixed yet, and the wood paneling/wainscoting on the walls hadn't been stained or painted yet. My only other complaint was the bathroom shower. We had an absolutely gorgeous marble shower, with a rinky-dink showerhead that put out a minute amount of water. However, we LOVED THE JACUZZI TUB. It was really nice to soak in the tub on such a cold day. I wish the towels were better. They were fairly small, and not many of them.

APPRECIATIONS: The staff was great, very friendly and attentive. I loved that we could have breakfast delivered to our room for an additional $10. What a treat! The size of the room was very generous. The furniture was pretty, and fit well with the French chateau theme. We had a hand-painted headboard on the bed, and the sink vanity in the bathroom looked like an antique cabinet. It was well-appointed, and the bed linens were very, very comfy.

I would stay there again, especially for the accommodating staff, and the room service. I think in the summer, when the vines are not bare, and the sun is shining, and you can enjoy your little balcony with a glass of wine, it would be a perfect place to go for a weekend getaway. I wish they would lower their rates in the winter time.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank heidit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Redlands, CA
Reviewed December 4, 2006

My sister and I stayed at Churon Winery for two nights. What a great weekend! The staff is amazing, the rooms are huge and just beautiful. Everything was over and above our satisfaction!

• Liked — Clean and beautiful
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank wessa
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed September 4, 2006

First the bad (it's a short list): The room and inn seemed a bit like they were works in progress. In the room, everything was very nice and new, but there were a few very minor details that seemed rough-edged (like the inside of the closet, which seemed still to be in the midst of construction). I believe some changes are coming soon, like an expansion of the restaurant (and, some staff members told us, small additions to the room, such as a mini-fridge), so there was some construction going on in the parking lot.

But there were just so many positive points that the Churon Inn definitely earns a five-star rating from me. The staff was friendly and gracious. Everyone from Enid (?), the woman at the reception desk, to Sal (?), the guy at the wine bar during Inn guests' private (and free!) wine hour, to the breakfast servers, to the Inn owner himself (who was very "present" at the facility during our stay) really went above and beyond the call of duty to make us feel welcome and to help us out when we needed recommendations or just some good conversation. Did I mention how great a wake-up call the free breakfast (with juice, coffee and a choice of five delectable meals) served from 7-10 a.m. every morning was? Yum. Get the omelet.

The room was great: king-sized bed and a good-sized balcony w/ french doors and an outdoor table and chairs so you can watch the wild rabbits when they nibble on the grass at dusk. And the bathroom was FANTASTIC. Really. There was an awesome jacuzzi tub (I grabbed a bottle of bubble bath in town!), a huge and impressive glass-doored shower and separate sinks w/ separate mirrors.

With all of this, we found the $150 vineyard view/$200 suite rate on weekdays to be a fabulous deal, especially considering that other area hotels don't lower their prices as considerably (~$100 at Churon) from the higher weekend rates. I really enjoyed the wine tastings in the valley, so I will definitely make it back someday to Churon.

Stayed August 2006
6 Thank niftee01
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 11, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Churon Winery over the 4th of July weekend. I travel quite often for business and was looking for something that didn't remind me of your usual cookie-cutter hotel. This inn was perfect for a romantic weekend getaway.

The Inn is in Temecula Wine Country. Close enough to the I-15 freeway to be easy to find, far enough inside the countryside to feel rural (for us city dwellers, at least). The French-themed decor, comfortable room, large bathroom (with jacuzzi tub) and patio with a view gave the inn a romantic, relaxing atmosphere. The winery provides a wine-tasting to its guests after it closes to the public, which is usually served in the downstairs wine bar, but was also served in the open dining / reception hall at the entrance to the inn while we were there.

In the mornings, we had a choice from 5 entrées for a fully cooked breakfast in the guest dining room. They don't serve lunch or dinner, but other restaurants are nearby, including some good winery restaurants.

The room was clean, although my husband found some left-behind items behind the dresser (I don't know why he was looking behind the dresser to begin with ...). The staff were very friendly. We didn't have any issues that needed resolving, so I don't know how they would have dealt with out-of-the-ordinary requests. We checked in and out during the day. I didn't ask about after-hours staffing as there appeared to be at least one way to enter the inn using your room key card.

I definitely have this inn on my list of places to return to.

• Stayed July 2006
11 Thank clmoryel
Valencia, CA
Reviewed April 10, 2006

My husband and I spent our wedding night here two years ago and have been addicted ever since. We go every chance we get! Wine tasting happy hour for inn guests in the evening and gourmet breakfast in the morning! There is no better weekend escape if you live in San Diego or Orange County! We get in that giant two-person jacuzzi tub and hardly ever get out! View of the vineyards to boot! FABULOUS! Keep up the good work Robert and crew!

-Michael and Melissa Newcomer
melissa_newcomer@hotmail.com

• Stayed March 2006
10 Thank MelissaValencia_CA
Wildomar
Reviewed January 12, 2006

My wife and i have been staying here on and off for the past three years, it is right next to Thorton winery where we go for the jazz entertainment. The rooms are beautiful, we've stayed in many places and this is right up there with the best. The staff is always wonderful and accomadating, unlike other reviews on here i have never had billing problems and think all staff members are professional and curtious ( most of all Damon ) also the wines in Temecula are wonderful, to say Temecula has along way to go with there wines you absolutely don't know what your talking about.

Stayed January 2006
6 Thank sixfter
Temecula, CA
Reviewed December 23, 2005

This B&B/Winery offers so much! The staff is wonderful! The food is wonderful! The rooms are wonderful! I can't say enough great things about Churon! Roberts is the manager and he is the absolute best in the industry! We love Robert and can't wait to return! THANKS!

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business