“Terrific!”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Terrific!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Churon Winery the first week of June and had a wonderful time. The grounds are beautiful. We have some great family pictures. The rooms are huge!!! We reserved 5 rooms and we were all on the second floor in a row. Each room has a private balcony with a table and chairs. It's a great way to start your day with coffee overlooking the vineyards or ending your night with a glass of wine and the stars. All the rooms came with a fireplace for a cozy feel.The bathrooms are as big as the rooms themselves. The gigantic bathtub/whirlpool was a wonderful way to relax at night. The breakfast in the morning was not your typical hotel breakfast. It was a delicious menu with lots of options. The only tiny thing I would critique is that there was not a vegetarian option on the menu. My sister is a vegetarian and because of special/health circumstances is not allowed to have dairy products either. She ended up skipping breakfast all together. This is a lovely place to stay and we are already planning our next visit!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank megopoppins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Damon Prince organized the most unforgettable stay in the Chardonnay Suite...

Our Temecula experience will always stand out as the weekend I fell in love. I didn’t realize what was headed my way. I thought my boyfriend and I were going to have a casual weekend exploring wine tasting in beautiful, southern California’s wine country. What I got was so much more! Upon arrival, I was greeted with the warmest welcome from Debbie at the front desk. She handled all our accommodations and sent us off in a jiffy! (Equipped with not one but two complimentary, hot breakfast tickets for the morning.) We opened the door to our Chardonnay Suite to find a luxurious Jacuzzi styled bathtub, his and her sinks, a full luxurious shower and a roaring fireplace. Immediately, I knew I was in for a top drawer treat. Resisting every urge to throw my swimsuit on and jump in, I checked out the rest of this gilded room. Next, the suite opened up to a beautiful sitting area that could easily entertain 10. With a bar included, this area was perfect for entertaining guests, sitting by the fireplace, or simply relaxing! It truly was the sleeping accommodations that melted me. A spacious, king sized bed with a patio overlooking the beautiful Temecula Wine Country. We were quick to open the French-styled doors and sit out there. As we said ‘cheers’ with poured Wilson Creek Almond Champagne, we overlooked the entire estate of Churon. Man, was it beautiful at sunset!

At last, it was time to see what Churon Winery’s tasting room was all about. After all, we had a complimentary tasting with our stay! I have never tasted more crisp wines or had more informed servers. I will definitely be back whether we stay overnight or not! After getting ready, we hurried off to the Balloon and Wine Festival which was fabulous only to eagerly return to our room after the concert! This is when we cozzied up next to the in-room fire place with our newly purchased bottle of Churon Wine!

The next morning we went to breakfast which was positioned perfectly to take in the full bounty of the breathtaking Churon Vineyard. I ordered their omelet with vegetables, ham and cheese, a side of toast and fruit. My boyfriend got the croissant breakfast sandwich. Both meals satisfied our taste buds. Check-out time was approaching, but not before one last ‘cheers’ on our balcony. We sat and sipped mimosas with Wilson Creek Mandarin Champagne until 10:59 am...because check out time was 11:00am.

My weekend stay at the Chardonnay suite will always stand out in my mind. Its somewhere that I am definitely returning to make another memory. The quiet sounds of the Churon Vineyards and the gorgeous views allowed us to have the most intimate vacation I have ever had.

I strongly suggest making this a stop on your Destination Temecula Tour Or any time you take a Trip to Temecula!

Room Tip: The Chardonnay Suite is breathtaking!
3 Thank Alysse A
Long Beach
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The Inn at Churon Winery was decent. The room was spacious and comfortable with a gigantic bathroom which included a jacuuzzi tub... sadly we didn't partke. The grounds are peaceful, but felt like they were lacking something. Perhaps an outdoor spa? Breakfast is delicious.
I expected more from it's stately appearance as we drove up. Front desk help was a little brusque; the same as when I made the reservation by phone. I can forgive that. The main problem was the noisy AC unit that buzzed/hummed every 15 minutes or so. Hopefully that doesn't apply to all the rooms.
All rooms face the valley/vineyards. Nice to wake up and see hot-air ballons drifting overhead...

Room Tip: Avoid room 211 until the AC unit gets fixed.
2 Thank Keith F
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a wonderful, small but quaint Inn with a terrific selection of wines during the private wine tasting. Staff like Dani Thomas and Enrique went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We were able to check in one hour earlier and begin our celebrations.

Room Tip: Northern facing rooms on the second floor have a great view.
2 Thank Jeanne H
Running Springs, California
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We bought the special in January & later booked 2 nights, April 8th-9th. It's the best value in Temecula; spacious rooms, fireplace, patio, large granite bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, excellent bed & bedding, adequate lighting, complimentary bottle of wine, free winetasting from 5:00-6:00 PM & excellent breakfast menu. Eggs Benedict very good. Staff very friendly & helpful. Three minor drawbacks; no in room safe, a/c noisy & hallways could use some maintenance. We would go back especially at those rates.

Room Tip: If you're handicapped or just use a cane stay on first floor; no elevators. Stay at one end or...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peak-A-view
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 24, 2014

4 of us rode from Phoenix to Temecula on motorcycles. The staff at the Inn are A #1. The breakfasts delicious, and the rooms were wonderful We met another great couple from AZ and went on wine tours with them. We plan on going back in October.

Room Tip: Room 203 was great. We were in 207 and the carpet needs replacing.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank smartblondeaz
Orangevale, California
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed two nights for our couples getaway. The check in lady "Debbie", was super friendly and we saw her again at the free wine tasting from 5-6 pm. It was a Travelzoo special and we were extremely satisfied. Room came with wonderful king size bed, large patio, fireplace and huge bathroom with large jacuzzi tub. Daily breakfast had 5 choices that were very good, coffee, juice, etc. Only complaint is their brand of coffee is not to my taste buds--in the room either. Not a large place (maybe 20 rooms), so easy to get around. Many other wineries along this road, so good base for wine tasting. We had their Fri/Sat 5 course specialty dinner that included 5 glasses of wine. Good deal and we didn't have to drive home! Lovely place and we would return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple