“Wonderful weekend getaway!”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
San Diego
“Wonderful weekend getaway!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I bought a groupon months ago, finally got to use it and even though it expired, they honored it. By now I was hesitant to go but am so glad I did! When I arrived at the Inn there was just 5 minutes left at wine hour, there was a sign at the reception desk telling me to come down to the tasting room, Debbie quickly served me a few tastings, let me take a glass with me and then checked me in. The room was charming-great fireplace, patio directly across from vineyard, complementary bottle of wine not in the room but quickly provided, bathroom large, bed comfortable. I only have good things to say, my friend joined me and we had a perfect girls getaway. There may be a few things that could be improved but if you are looking for a peaceful, charming retreat this is it! In vino veritas!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank dlgmok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
La Mesa, California
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed here as part of a groupon for hot air ballooning. I had read mixed reviews and was a little nervous. When we arrived we were told we had one of the owners favorite rooms. (208 upstairs) The room is enormous with a fireplace and a large balcony overlooking the small vineyard. The bathroom is very large with a jacuzzi tub for two and a large shower. They have complementary wine tasting in their tasting room from 5-6 PM for guests. The wines were very nice and the pours very generous. Breakfast is included and arrived quickly and was ample and tasty. Only confusion was when we went to check out and they started to charge my credit card. When I reminded them it was a groupon it was remedied I would happily return to this inn

Room Tip: Rooms 208 and 209 in the center upstairs are probably the best for a view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank worldtravelor1757
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Upon arrival the lady at the front desk was really warm and welcoming. We found our room (on the second floor) and were quite impressed, lovely view, large balcony, huge bathroom, comfy bed, nice gas fireplace. The next day we left around 8:00, had breakfast (okay food, good service). We ran around all day and came back at 5:00 for the wine tasting, only to find that the room had not been serviced at all. We asked the lady at the front desk (again, she was very nice) for service, and went out for dinner. We came back and although we did have new towels on the edge of the bathtub, all of the used towels were still in a pile on the floor, and the water/wine glasses were sitting there still dirty, and the bed was unmade. We are very clean guests and just would have liked at least the towels picked up and the water/wine glasses replaced/perhaps the bed made? Like the other reviewers stated, the room was very nice but the property is in need of repair. The view of the hot air balloons in the morning was a plus! We used the Travelzoo voucher, would not pay the regular rack rates to stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose second floor room middle of the building for a great view off the balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LFN2013
InnatChuronWinery, Owner at Inn at Churon Winery, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Inn at Churon Winery. I certainly apologize for the difficulty you had with housekeeping services and I will address this with the housekeeping staff immediately. As far as updating the property - this is an ongoing process in which we do try to keep current.
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We came for a wedding weekend. Really cute place, rooms are big with fireplace. Now a few things I think that could make it better. It needs to be updated for the price they charge per night, bathroom wallpaper had a horrible patch job, just change it already! I noticed a very strong bleach smell when we first walked in, I thought that was strange. Breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the winery are obvious what you want.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The room was relatively large and pleasant. The décor was in keeping with the age and style of the winery which gave it a quaint atmosphere albeit a little 'tired'. Bed was comfortable and breakfast was good. I think it is a little pricey but glad we stayed there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alpine
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at the Churon Inn several years ago and the property is very nice, the rooms are large with vineyard views, large bathrooms with tubs for 2 and large showers.

The prices are high so you expect the best, I must say I was disappointed that the rooms needed updating so bad. Great they have had so much business but did not like the worn carpets, rooms needed painting, fixtures in bathrooms needed replacing and were loose. Extension cords running from the closet behind the bed. And the place smelled SO strong of lemon cleanser I wondered what was being covered up.

Hallway carpet worn, crown molding needed re-jointing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 245Karin
Indio CA
Reviewed November 11, 2013

In October we spent two nights in a room with a nice cozy fireplace. A nice bottle of wine awaited us as we entered our room. It was wonderful to step onto our patio to gaze at the vineyard and the rolling hills beyond. In just a few steps we were walking through the grapevines picking and eating grapes as we strolled along. Each evening we met with other guests for a "guest only" tasting experience. Breakfast for the guests was included with the room and was very good with a nice selection of food and complementary champagne.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms allow you to step directly into the vineyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
InnatChuronWinery, Owner at Inn at Churon Winery, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review of Inn at Churon Winery. We are so pleased it was an enjoyable experience for you and we hope you return in the near future. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our customers. Thank you again.