“Travelers Enigma”

Inn at Churon Winery
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Let me start by saying I really wanted to love this place, and my first impression was really good. We arrived late, so they called us to warn us the desk would be closed and where to find our key. We arrived after dark, got into our room OK, and were very impressed with the room, and especially the balcony and bathroom. Then it got light out the next day. This place is run down and only superficially clean. Most of the paint is dirty, chipped, etc. Some of the windows in the hall ways are so dirty you can't see out of them. The door to the hotel near where we parked has a card reader that is completly dismantled, so anyone can just walk into the hotel. The water pressure is a drizzle, the ice machine did not work all weekend and the last day we had no hot water in the shower. What a shame to let this terrific property go to hell like this. Then to see comments in the reviews, going back years say similar things, it make me wonder how this can continue. I will say the staff was mostly friendly, and the breakfast, made to order was really good. When we left I shared some of my concerns about the water and the ice machine, and I just got excuses, and not even an apology. What a shame, I wanted to love this place, but totally did not. Those rating this so high must be willing to overlook the maintenance issues.

Room Tip: Get a vinyard view, but first ask if they have hot water and a working ice machine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TSExpert
InnatChuronWinery, Owner at Inn at Churon Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Inn at Churon Winery. We certainly apologize for your problems with the hot water pressure. The city had a broken water main that we were not informed about until after your stay. The problem has now been fixed.

There are newer reviews for Inn at Churon Winery

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Inn was nice, comfortable with very spacious rooms and offered great breakfasts with the Travelzoo deal. The views were very nice from any room and the service was very good. The only improvement that could be made would be on the grounds which had minimal landscaping and old parking lots. Wine tasting also came with the Travelzoo deal making it even a better value.

2  Thank biggmb
Reviewed August 23, 2013

An older, very comfortable Inn. Not pretentious. Many of the staff are related to the owner and make the stay personal, special. Thank you again to Damon, Debbie, and Danny. FANTASTIC employees! Your ability to welcome your guests (in our case, return guests) makes each stay all that much more enjoyable! The suite was beautiful, bed so comfortable, view spectacular. Quiet. Fun wine tasting hour for the guests staying there. Nice way to meet people from all over the world. I even appreciate it more since we were just in Italy...the wineries in Temecula are just as beautiful!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite....Close to many other wineries making it a nice way to have a variety. Private d...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank christinebauer
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our very first visit to Temecula and this was the the best introduction to the area. The views from our room were spectacular the room was extremely lovely, comfortable and the location was very centralized. If, when we are back in the area we will want to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beth2786
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My Boyfriend and I purchased a Travelzoo for the Churon inn. The grounds were really pretty, the staff was very friendly. The rooms were a little old and needed updating but the beds were still comfortable. The bathrooms have been updated with a really nice huge Jacuzzi Tub and big Shower. They provided a free bottle of wine in the room and you could go out on the balcony and drink your wine. Each morning they had a free delicious breakfast with mimosas and great staff. Each afternoon they provided a free wine tasting to end your day. Also, the location in the wine country is right on the path so it can't be beat. Overall, I really enjoyed this Inn.

1  Thank caltex010
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently booked a two night stay with my girlfriend at the Inn at Churon Winery via Groupon. I planned to ask her to marry me, while there. I mentioned this information to Nicole, during our check in and she immediately upgraded my fiancé and I, to a suite! The room was awesome, king size bed was extremely comfortable. The Views were breathtaking. Breakfast with Mimosas each day, could not get enough of. We would definitely recommend staying here and can't wait to book again!!

4  Thank E R
InnatChuronWinery, Owner at Inn at Churon Winery, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing the Inn at Churon Winery as the place for your engagement. We are delighted to be a part of such a special moment in your life and wish you both years and years of happiness together. We look forward to having you stay with us again and again.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed two nights with breakfast with Mimosas and wine tasting hour in evening. The room was very roomy and the bathroom had jacuzzi tub and shower. The view out of our room was perfect for watching the hot air balloons each morning. We loved the room, the hotel and the staff. I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank wwranch65