“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed two nights with breakfast with Mimosas and wine tasting hour in evening. The room was very roomy and the bathroom had jacuzzi tub and shower. The view out of our room was perfect for watching the hot air balloons each morning. We loved the room, the hotel and the staff. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wwranch65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Lakewood,Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Also, used the Travelzoo voucher and was very happy with the accommodations and the staff. I had read the "mixed" reviews and was unsure of how the stay would be. The room was large and clean, bed was comfortable, bathroom was great!! The breakfasts were very good and the staff was friendly and attentive. View of the gardens/grounds from the balcony ( and a couple of glasses of the "Passionate Peach" wine) was very quiet and relaxing. I would recommend this getaway to others and I will go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lakewood_Ca_Charkie
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights on a Travelzoo deal and don't regret it. Churon isn't a 5 star modern hotel... it's a quaint European feel bed and breakfast type spot. I must say that we really enjoyed our stay. The view from the room was lovely, the bed very comfortable, and the room, while not fancy, was clean and nice. Enid the front desk manager is superb. She went out of her way to make sure we had a great time. Nicole at the desk and Dani in the restaurant were also wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and personable and interested in providing the best service possible. We enjoyed our breakfast each morning. Had benedict both days and it was good. I bought another travelzoo to go back on a girl's trip. For the cost Inn at Churon is hard to beat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rsgem
Beaumont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Inn at Churon on fathers day this year. I had stayed at the inn about a year ago. The room is nice and large, there is a king size bed with a fireplace and double doors that open to a patio with a view of the wine country. The bathroom has a shower and a separate jacuzzi tub for two. The room comes with a free private happy hour in the wine tasting room and a free breakfast the next day. We enjoyed the happy hour and the breakfast was excellent.
The only negatives I encounted at the inn was that the hallways and rooms need to be updated. They need some fresh paint and some new flooring. Walking down the hallway there was some paint chipping around windows and some clutter in the hallways.
The location is convient for us as we belong to several wineries in the area and it is nice to be close to where your staying. I dont know how much the room costs but I would not pay more than $150 a night on a weekend and less during the week.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gameluver
Bakersfield, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We bought a "deal" with this Inn. It was a long drive and the people were very nice, and the rooms COULD have been very impressive, but I was distracted by the cobwebs, the peeling paint and wallpaper. The Inn needs some TLC - I don't think it would cost much to spend some time repainting and fixing wallpaper. The wallpaper in our beautiful room was peeled off in the corner of our bathroom. The breakfast was good and in general the experience was average. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie F
InnatChuronWinery, Owner at Inn at Churon Winery, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Inn at Churon Winery. We are continually upgrading the property. It would be helpful if you could let us know which room you occupied so that the issue you mentioned can be addressed. We do strive to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay.

Travelers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights with the Travelzoo deal as part of our anniversary vacation. I was a little wary at first after reading some of the reviews on here, but we decided to take a chance and we were pleasantly surprised!

We booked in January for travel in June. Booking the hotel was quick and easy, and we received a confirmation email immediately. Once we arrived at the hotel in June, the check-in process was also very easy. (I also had all the paperwork I needed so that made it easier.) Check-out was also very simple and the staff was knowledgeable and willing to help.

Our room was fantastic. We were in 209, which is on the second floor, in the middle, overlooking the garden/vineyard. The views were fantastic, although you can hear some noise from the main road, but that didn't stop us from getting take out and eating dinner on the balcony both nights! The bed was comfortable and everything seemed very clean. The bathroom is amazing and the water gets really, really hot so the whirlpool/jacuzzi in the bathroom is like a hot tub. There is also a fireplace, but we didn't use that as it was June. The Inn is very quaint, but I love that style. There's wallpaper with grapes on the walls and other unique touches that constantly remind you that you're surrounded by vines in wine country. I can see where people would think this is cheap or ugly, but I would definitely describe it as cute and quaint.

The complimentary wine hour is awesome and the staff is very knowledgeable at the winery as well. We had our choice of three white wines, two champagnes, four reds, and a dessert wine. You can try them all, and try multiple ones twice. It's only an hour though, which actually goes by pretty quick.

The complimentary breakfast is also a lovely addition. There are multiple entrees to choose from and they will cook them to your liking as well. Coffee and juice is also included, but mimosas are $4.

Don't forget to bring cash to tip the people at the winery and at breakfast!

I would definitely stay at this Inn again! There are minor cosmetic issues, but that doesn't take anything away from the experience. Keep your eyes out for a deal -- although I would definitely pay full price for this place when we go again!

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor if you don't mind stairs - the views are fantastic. Also, don't for...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Zerz360
Bakersfield, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

You can tell when this was built it was a nice hotel. Not knowing how old it is I am guessing it has not been updated in the last 15 years. The room looks like your back in 1995 decor wise. Its the little things that I found wrong with room 202. The cigarette burn on the bath tub. The tub hot water handle being loose. The toilet not flushing all the way. The pipes in the wall you can here bouncing all over from 430am on. The main check in room was nice but spider webs up in the ceiling showing all over. I would rate this at a 3 star on its best day

Room Tip: Get a north facing room unless you like looking at the neighbors rv
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple