Inn at Churon Winery
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$152
$139
Hampton.com
$68
La Quinta Inn & Suites Temecula(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$82
La Quinta
$134
Holiday Inn Express Temecula(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$81
Temecula Creek Inn(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$129
$122
$79
$99
Hotels.com
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$259
Ponte Vineyard Inn(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$300
All reviewsjacuzzi tubwine tastingmerlot suitetravelzoo voucherdaily breakfastbeautiful bathroomgas fireplacetemecula wine countryother guestswine clubbed and breakfastfree bottle of wineomeletbreakfast was deliciousmini fridgethe hot air balloonstasting room
Reviewed May 28, 2013

You can tell when this was built it was a nice hotel. Not knowing how old it is I am guessing it has not been updated in the last 15 years. The room looks like your back in 1995 decor wise. Its the little things that I found wrong with room 202. The cigarette burn on the bath tub. The tub hot water handle being loose. The toilet not flushing all the way. The pipes in the wall you can here bouncing all over from 430am on. The main check in room was nice but spider webs up in the ceiling showing all over. I would rate this at a 3 star on its best day

Room Tip: Get a north facing room unless you like looking at the neighbors rv
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tommy L
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Oustanding second visit to the Inn at Churon! Make this review your last!!

First let me manage expectations on a few items. My wife and I live just outside Temecula and frequent the area. We are members of various wineries and have visited each of the available Inns within Temecula wine country. You will NOT find a Hilton 5-star type lodging experience ANYWHERE within 25 miles of Temecula wine country so you need to come to grips with that if you are going to enjoy your stay anywhere here. Having said that, of all the places we have stayed (all of them), this is by far our favorite.

ROOMS: It is a true "Inn" experience. The rooms (not just the suites) are very large, have fireplaces, soft beds, rustic feel appointments, BEAUTIFUL bathrooms and even more beautiful views. Each room has a mini-fridge. But I mean a REAL mini-fridge, not the kind that is stuffed with overpriced bevereages with enough space left over for a single coke can. This fridge is big enough for bottles of water (I would suggest this for the day after) and anything else you might want to have chilled. The rooms all have their own patio with sitting area and table with a great view into the valley and to the next hill with vineyards spanning the entire view. The bathrooms ARE of 5-star quality. They are his and hers style with large sinks seperated by a large shower and they all come with a jetted tub which is more than large enough for a couple. The room interior is of dark wood and antique style and really makes you feel more like you are at home than in a hotel.

LOCATION: It's location is perfect. Most wineries close for tastings at 5pm, some stay open until 6pm. The ONLY winery that provides late-night entertainment is Miramonte. If you are looking for any kind of after hours dancing or live music you go here (and yes I would HIGHLY recommend it). Well it happens to be conveniently located just across the main road on the opposite hill top. Its far away enough to not hear anything from Churon, but close enough to make for a VERY short drive to your bed. The Inn is located just inside what would be the "gate" to wine country. Its very easy to find and if you are exploring the area for the first time it is only about 5 minutes in the car to the most outlying wineries.

GROUNDS KEEPING: The grounds here are very well kept. Of course, much of what gives a winery its beauty is the vineyard itself and the season dictates 100% of this aspect. However, if you come in-season, the view from any balcony is magnificent. The Inn is high enough to see over the surrounding hills so you aren't blocked in. This is one aspect that other local area Inns can not compete with. They are located on flat ground and the view is at eye level. Churon is literally on a hillside so you really get that picturesque experience. There is a garden area out front with some seating and a setting where they do weddings that is beautiful.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Outstanding. I could simply leave it at that, but honestly the ladies there really know how to make you feel welcome. They are very accommodating and the whole experince is stree-free. They have FANTASTIC deals for the Inn if you become a member (look into this if you are a local/regular). But if I didnt mention that you probably wouldnt know it because they dont push it on you incesssantly like they do at other places.

WINE QUALITY: The wines here are about on par with what you might see at surrounding Temecula wineries. I enjoy them more than my wife but obviously wine tasting is a personal experience. The important part (at least for the experience) is that the tasting facility is very nice. The staff are very knowledgeable and friendly, and they do a "wine social" every weekend night (maybe every night, not sure) at 5pm. So if you want to take advantage of some tastings within your lodging you can do that.

BREAKFAST: Yes, breakfast is included with your stay and YES I would highly recommend it. Service runs from 8-1030am so you dont have to worry about beating the sunrise in order to get some eggs. We always get the eggs benedict and I would highly recommend it. The service is very good and they have outdoor seating again with a great view.

POSSIBLE DOWNSIDE: I don't even want to call it "negative" because I dont personally think it is but in the spirit of fairness I want to mention it as it may weigh on your decision making process.
They DO NOT have room service of any kind. There are numerous delivery options that the desk will assist with upon check-in. However, we always ensure we make a stop to pick-up bottles of water. Two bottles come in the room, but if you "taste" like we do, you're going to need more than that haha.

Overall, I have no problem giving Inn at Churon 5 stars. It is a fantastic Inn experience and would highly recommend it for a couple looking for a romantic getaway in wine country.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Matt C
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a wedding at Churon and the experience was very good. The wine was good, the staff was nice and the grounds were good during the day and even better at night. I also had the opportunity to see the Chardonnay suite and now I would like to stay there. I also liked all three of the wines that I tasted and will need to return in order to sample the rest.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GreatTraveltime
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped by while we were driving through California for one night and it was amazing. The rooms are nice, the service was good, the winery views were beautiful, breakfast was well done, and there's a free wine sampling hour! And all that for a reasonable price! It was a great place to stay after a day of wine touring in Temecula.

I would definitely stop back there again if I was in the Temecula area.

Room Tip: We booked for an off day and about two weeks before arriving and got a discounted rate compared to the website rate. $150 for all they offered (breakfast, accomodations, wine) was an amazing deal!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SD3131
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Inn at Churon is a favorite of us. Centrally located in the Temecula wine area, this gem is a great place to stay, avoiding the drive from Old Town Temecula. Situated on a hill with a great view, this B and B offers comfortable rooms that overlook the vineyards. We joined the wine club some years ago, because they offer a great room discount to members. The price includes free Wi-Fi and a sit-down menu breakfast, with choices like Eggs Benedict and French Toast. The house-made Hollandaise is the best I've ever had. The staff here is very friendly and professional, greeting us like family every time. Included with the room is a great customer Happy Hour, too. Temecula is an adult playground that is striving to become a decent wine area, with 35+ wineries now. Many of them produce great wines, especially the reds. Churon is an active winery that has shown a marked increase in quality under the new wine maker.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are quieter and offer a better view of the valley.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple