“This will be our 1st choice for a resort/winery experience”
Review of Ponte Winery

Ponte Winery
Ranked #7 of 97 things to do in Temecula
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of Temecula Wine Country, Ponte Winery sits on more than 300 acres of vineyards. The winery offers guests a relaxing “Day in the Country” experience, with its spacious rustic-style tasting room, al fresco dining and elegant Italian gardens. The winery’s goal is to create an approachable, memorable experience that welcomes both new and experienced wine lovers with the motto, “If you like it, it’s good wine!” Visitors can enjoy tours of the winemaking process, participate in special events like the Annual Grape Stomp Festival, or work with the winery’s event planners to create an exceptional wine country wedding or other group event. With its picturesque setting, approachable wines, farm-fresh cuisine and quintessential wine country events, Ponte Winery is one of the most sought-after wine destinations in Southern California. The Tasting Room is open 7 days a week, from 10am-5pm. Tastings include 6 pours for $20 per person. Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Please be advised that on the weekends (Saturday & Sunday) only Limos and Buses with a prior Limo Reservation will be allowed to enter the winery between 10am-12pm.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I reviewed the resort's hotel but now for the winery. Tremendous layout and atmosphere. You aren't crowded in like at some of the wineries we visited. The wines are superb, especially try the Super T red. Very mellow with hints of pepper and blackberry.

We took the 11:00AM tour the`n stayed for a gourmet lunch.

Highly recommended as one of your destinations in Temecula. I've been going for 20+ years with family who live there.

PonteWinery, Manager at Ponte Winery, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

CaptainTar,
I would like to say thank you for staying with us while you were visiting Temecula Wine Country. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your tasting experience as well as your overall stay. Great selection of wine by the way; the Super T is amazing! I hope that you enjoyed your vineyard tour and your lunch. Please come back and visit us again the next time you are in town. Cheers!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I got married at Ponte winery about 2 weeks ago and it was an amazing and memorable experience. Our coordinator, Kelsey, worked really hard to make sure that everything flowed smoothly, that our details were taken care of and that our day went perfectly, which it did. The food was excellent, our guests staying in the inn were thrilled with how beautiful the grounds were, and all of the little touches - a bridal hostess throughout the day, champagne prior to the ceremony, cute getting-ready cottages - made all the difference. Our only small glitches were that our banquet captain was a bit hard to find at a few key moments (cake cutting, grand exit) - my suggestion would be to make sure the banquet staff knows your timeline - but overall, I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you Ponte for such a beautiful wedding day!

Lisa W.,
First, we would like to say congratulations to you and your husband and we wish you both a great life together! We’re so happy to hear that your beautiful wedding went off without a hitch and that you were pleased with the grounds, staff and the overall experience. I will be sure to pass your suggestion for the banquet staff along to our banquets manager. Thank you for allowing us to host your beautiful wedding and for your great review. Please come back and see us again, possibly for an anniversary! Cheers!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Everything about our stay was perfect! Service upon arriving until checkout was excellent. Food at the restaurant very good. Rooms are comfortable and have all the amenities you would want. Gisela at the restaurant is terrific as were all the staff.

CaliforniaBze,
Thank you so much for your kind words and comments! We’re so pleased to hear that you had a great time during your stay with us. We’ll be sure to pass your compliments along to Gisela as well as the rest of our staff. Thank you once again and we hope that you will be back to see us again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

So we are from the Napa/Tahoe area and were visiting family in Carlsbad. Many of us met in Temecula and the family couldn't wait for us to experience the wineries. We went to 2 wineries before we went to Ponte. Both wineries were not good at all. Then we went to Ponte. The wine at Ponte was superior to the previous wineries so we were excited to finally taste something worthwhile. (in hindsight we were also a bit tipsy from the previous tastings and weren't judging the wines very well at this point, and yes we had a designated driver) I must say that I am surprised that most Temecula wineries don't allow you to put your tasting fee towards a bottle purchase. Very disappointing. So after a hefty tasting fee we left with one bottle of Super T 2010 for 34 dollars and the Malbec 2009 for 45 dollars. A few days later we opened the Malbec and were very unimpressed. Truth be told, you can get better wine from a big box store for much less. Now we didn't eat there. We were on the hunt for premium wine only. Napa has the best wineries because of the fertile volcanic soil and the many micro-climates for growing a variety of grapes. I guess I'm just spoiled by Napa/Sonoma.
Now I will say that the ground were beautiful and the scenery spectacular. This is why I gave it 4 stars, but the wine, not so good.

PonteWinery, Manager at Ponte Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

rstronti,
Thank you for stopping in while you were wine tasting to visit us! I’m sorry that you didn't find a wine that you were blown away by, but we make a large variety of wine so that everyone will find something that they love. Our motto is, “if you like it, it’s good wine”. Perhaps the next time you visit, one of our newer vintages might suite your taste! Thank you again for the compliments on our grounds and for visiting us at Ponte. We look forward to seeing you again. Cheers!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My friends and I ate at the South Coast Winery right next door to the Ponte Family Estate the day prior and were very disappointed in the service and food. We decided to give the Ponte Family Estate restaurant a try for lunch the next day.

The atmosphere and scenery at the Ponte Family Estate is exquisite - very picturesque and relaxing and quaint. We loved it. The service was great. We never had to wait to be attended and our food came out within a very reasonable time and I had quite possibly the best pasta I have ever had there.

I have eaten at many of the wineries in Temecula - this one should not be missed.

1  Thank WanderingEarthling
PonteWinery, Manager at Ponte Winery, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

WanderingEarthling,
Thank you for stopping by and having lunch with us, it was our pleasure hosting you! I’m glad to hear that you got to enjoy the food, the views and the wine! Thank you for your kind words and recommendations! Come back and see us again soon. Cheers!