“A little secret, the best latte !”

Havana Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #17 of 418 Restaurants in Temecula
Temecula, California
“A little secret, the best latte !”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Sorry Starbucks ! I come in for a Cuban Sol Latte with half the sugar, whenever I can. It is definitely the best latte I have ever had. What a special treat! The Cuban coffee served in a decanter is also very good if you like good strong coffee. Hope you're not in a hurry, it takes about 10 mins, but it's worth it. The food is pretty good too. I had the pork & rice dish which I enjoyed & its gluten free. Prices are very reasonable & I love to sit out on the patio & just enjoy.

• Visited August 2014

Murrieta, California
“Fantastic Service”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were here for dinner on a Friday night. Luckily we got there early because after 6 it fills up quickly. The service was impeccable and the food was very good. There were 8 people in our group and everyone enjoyed their meal. It is quite reasonably priced and has a great selection of Cuban food. If you are looking for something different than Mexican and Italian, then this spot is IT! You order at the counter and they bring the food to your table. And they clear up the dishes after you are done. A great little place!

• Visited July 2014
Temecula, California
“Addicted!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I will begin by saying that I had ever had Cuban food until I tried Havana Kitchen in Old Town Temecula. Since I didn't know what to expect I just tried something that sounded interesting. The item I ordered is called the Guajiro dish. It is such a simple dish, yet full of flavor. It consists of perfectly ripe avocado that is diced and covered in the mojo sauce. This sauce is lime, garlic, onion and a little oil, I believe. The garlic and onion are not strong at all. They are perfectly balanced. The mojo is also on the yuca as well. I didn't know what yuca was until I had it here. It reminds me of potato in a way. There is also a small container of their fabulous black beans and white rice that come along side the avocado and yuca. There is a small bit of fried yuca that they put on the top. It sort of looks like a tiny pancake. It is very good and not greasy at all. My favorite part is the plantain that is included. It is cooked to perfection every time. I usually get this dish to go on the weekend. I have also tried the Avocado Sandwich and that is tied for first place in my book! It is a must if you like avocado. Their empanadas are also good. I think they have five different flavors to choose from. It is perfect to get a few different ones to share. I have tried a few other dishes as well and liked all I tried. But, I keep going back to my favorite, the Guajiro dish.
Every time I go there it is busy, so be prepared to wait a bit. They get the food out as quick as they can, but being that they are so popular, they can only cook so much so fast. Go before the lunch rush or wait till a bit later. I always call in my order and pick it up.
I don't drink coffee, but everyone I know says theirs is the best! I tried one once. I will admit it did taste good, but coffee just isn't for me. I go for the food and will say that I am addicted to it. It is a must at least once a week for me!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Carol P
Longmont
“Fantastic Cuban food and really masterful coffee!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Whenever we go to Havana Kitchen, I get their "traditional" Cuban sandwich. I can't get past them! That and the sweet plantains! All their food is wonderful and I haven't tasted a bad dish there. Also, be sure to try their espresso drinks. One of the best espressos I have ever had! Really a fun, casual dining experience mixed with a coffee shop vibe!

• Visited January 2014
Lake Elsinore, California
“A little piece of Heaven”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

You must eat here. Feel free to order anything on the menu because you will not be disappointed. The steak is so tender. The chicken is well flavored. The avocado salad is perfect. Save room for a guava pastry and Cuban coffee. We tried the tableside fresh drip brewed coffee served with milk and sugar...oh my...fantastic!

Visited April 2014