“Comida Deliciosa”

Havana Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #19 of 425 Restaurants in Temecula
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I ordered the combo empanada plate that came with black beans, white rice, and plantains for $7.95. The two beef empanadas were small but tasty and I really loved the plantain bananas which were sweet and fried to a golden brown. For dessert, I was lucky to get the last guava cheese pastry in the display case which was delicious. To go with the pastry, my beverage of choice was coffee that was served in a large wide mouth mug. It was a strong cup of java which I needed after wine tasting in Temecula.

It is a casual Cuban restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. There is also a small intimate sitting area inside (I presume for a secret rendezvous……JK). This is the second time I have visited Havana Kitchen and they have never disappointed. I will be back again when I am in the area to try their other dishes and desserts.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Thank goodness we have a GREAT Cuban restaurant to "break up" the gastropub cuisine ...the Public House & a few others are worthy but who can eat anywhere repetitively!? The family has burned and crashed ....

To know we have such outstanding Cuban food in Old Town is truly a great thing! Emotionally as well as literally. Cuban food is truly comfort food as it soothes the soul & the spirit :) .. its always a culmination of cultural fusion as we ALL seem to love this place!

Maureen's management skills has catapulted H.K.C to the TOP!!!

When desserts & dishes are continuously "sold out" it's more than evident they have their finger on the pulse.

Highly recommend!

*Go early for the pastelitos ...they are a hot commodity!

1  Thank billionsandnocure
Reviewed May 23, 2014

In my opinion the best Cuban food in town outside of my own kitchen. I love that I can enjoy some delicious Cuban food without doing the work. I love the cafe, the music, the staff. Hands down my favorite place to eat in Temecula. Their catering is very good as well, I have used them a few times.

1  Thank 1Tinamarie
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a nice little casual spot right off Front Street in Temecula. Been there a couple of times. The pork and chicken dishes are really good and they usually come with black beans and rice which is a favorite side for me. Plantains are also usually included.

My son tried a breakfast dish, even though it was afternoon and it was really interesting. Kind of a egg bake with plantains and other stuff in it. Very tasty.

They have some nice coffee drinks as well.

The dishes are good portions and we have had leftovers both times.

There are indoor and outdoor seating areas.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

ordered the soft fried bananas and pork sandwich it was the bomb! great place for coffee and a snack. Great wait staff who answered if not all of my wife's questions!