We stayed at South Coast for 3 nights this past weekend for my husband's birthday. We booked a room in the new hotel tower after reading about how that wing was brand new, and we were not disappointed. The new rooms are GORGEOUS!! The hotel tower itself isn't very impressive . . . from the outside, it really reminded us of an old Days Inn building or something - especially sitting right next to the gorgeous spa building and villas. I don't know why they didn't put a little more into making the exterious of their new building look more in tune with the rest of the resort, but it looks very odd. Thankfully, once inside our room, all was good. The bed was super comfortable, all of the furnishings were very nice and brand new, and we got a kick out of the little electric fireplace built into the TV credenza. We were in one of the primrose suites with a partial vineyard view (room 217). There is a gigantic 2 person bathtub - although not jetted - I'd think they would spring for that, when installing such a beautiful tub in a brand new suite. The bathroom is decked out in pretty granite, but be forewarned - the shower head is the worst ever. I don't even think you could consider it low-flow. It was nearly non-existent flow. But anyway - that's a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things. The pool and jacuzzi were awesome. We had breakfast at the restaurant, and it was pretty good, and we really enjoyed shopping in their cute gift shop. The only thing that I couldn't get myself to like was their wines - and I REALLY wanted to like them! When we visit wineries, I always purchase wine as a souvenir from our trip, as well as a delicious beverage to enjoy later. We went through 2 full tastings each in the (crazy insane busy) tasting room at SCW, and simply could not bring ourselves to purchase anything but a bottle of the Daybreak. Oh - and one more weird thing, for some reason, during our 3-day stay there, the hotel "authorized" my credit card for not only the $125 per night fee they advised us that they would, but also an additional over $1200 - 2 days before we checked out! I have no idea why they did that, but it really confused my credit card company and messed up our check out procedure when they then tried to charge the total of our stay on that card. UGH - I have to get this figured out today. So just a tip - keep an eye on your credit cards while you're staying at SCW.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Coast Winery is not only known as the best winery in the State of California, it’s also known as Southern California Wine Country’s finest resort, offering up casual elegance in a natural setting accented by estate vineyards. Private, rustic villas and the stately all-suite hotel tower provide ultimate luxury and comfort for overnight stays, complete with fireplaces and oversized marble and granite baths, each with deep soaking tub for two. Exceptional wines, extensive spa, behind-the-scenes wine tours, plus fine dining at the award winning Vineyard Rose Restaurant complement your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your South Coast Winery Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Coast Winery Hotel Temecula
- South Coast Winery Resort And Spa