“A wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mount Dora, fla.
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Ehis is a unique resort and the facilities are amazing, The villas are spacious and well appointed. The wine tasting included som eexcellent wines, especially since this resort is in southern California.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jimMountDora_fla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family travels quite a bit in southern California with my son's baseball team. Our stay at the South Coast Winery was not what I expected. As one of the more expensive hotels in the Temecula area, the grounds were beautiful but the service lacked something to be desired. The front desk staff seemed friendly but failed on some of our requests (make or leave linens for the sofa bed). Then the housekeeping staff which wasn't that friendly seemed bothered because we ask them to take care of it after we returned for the evening. Just dissapointed with the overall service for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
7 Thank travelwithteam
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Trip Advisor has helped me plan many vacations so I decided to finally write a review. We stayed here Mother's Day weekend 2011 and are planning another stay this July. We are wine club members and I LOVE their wines! I will acknowledge that this place is expensive. We are fortunate to be able to afford the room, dining, and spa treatments but it IS expensive. With that said, I loved my stay here. I was suprised that the room decor seemed a bit out dated but the huge jacuzzi tub and french doors with private outside sitting area made up for it. Since it was Mother's Day weekend the spa was a mad house but I was still able to book a same day massage right before closing. By that time I was the only one there and it was nice and quiet. The pool is beautiful and since it's a winery, there are mostly adults there...which was excatly what we were looking for. It was extremely relaxing. We took the winery tour which ended with a sit down wine tasting and cheese pairing. We liked that! The restuarant is very nice and provides a good opportunity to get dressed up if you want to. Everywhere seems to be so darn casual these days, but here you can put on a nice dress and not feel out of place. (And not just on Mother's Day) The Mother's Day brunch was excellent and the staff was so attentive. They just kept pouring the champagne! (I think I took a wine nap on the way home) The only thing that bugged me during my stay was room service. I took FOREVER!! I won't bother with it next time.

Room Tip: Our room was by the pool, so we had a very short walk. I recommend that.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sheilla D
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our 3-day getaway at this lovely winery. We were looking for some R and R and we found this to be just the ticket! The villas are very private and fairly spacious with several sitting areas, a comfortable bed, a large luxurious bathroom and quiet patio. The property is beautiful with an abundance of gorgeous flowers sprinkled throughout the landscaping. I loved that the pool was heated and large enough to swim laps, and filled with salt water. And it was heavenly quiet in the pool area on a warm Tuesday afternoon in May.

Initially when we arrived and entered the tasting room on Sunday evening we were concerned it was quite crowded, but everyone was very sociable and friendly - and the wine was great too!

I was surprised to see a few other reviews say the customer service at South Coast wasn't good. We were delighted by how friendly, professional and helpful every employee was that we encountered at the resort. When we checked in, two representatives gave us a warm welcome and provided suggestions on what to do in the area and which wineries they thought were best.

Dinner in the restaurant was tasty but not over the top and it was a little pricey. For lunch, I'd recommend visiting Ponte Winery just a short jaunt down the road and sitting outside in the lovely courtyard. Their food and wines were delicious and the ambiance is very charming and peaceful. I wouldn't recommend dining at Calloway Winery as both my husband and I were not pleased with our meals and the scenery on the property is underwhelming compared to South Coast or Ponte.

During our stay at South Coast, the only annoyances were trying to operate the air conditioner and the doors to the patio. Other than those minor inconveniences, our 3 days there were wonderfully relaxing and we're looking forward to going back to this gem in Temecula next year.

Room Tip: Ask if one of the villas with a view is available.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Best place in a days drive to get lost. You truly will feel like you have left Southern California and have landed in Tuscany. The Spa and warm saltwater pool are unmatched, the wines very good and the Casita Rooms devine. This is the perfect romantic place for a honeymoon or just to get away.

2 Thank TheCaDean
spototis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We started out with a great day with a bottle of wine on our patio facing the vinyard. The room looks a little dated but it was sufficient. Beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were huge. The only thing that didn't make this a great time was my bathing suit went missing! Alerted the front desk at checkout (it happened the night before we left) and filled out a form. No word about the suit being found or anything from management!!! No excuse whatsoever! Temecula is a wonderful place to visit winery's but this place I won't be back to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
So. California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We spent 1 night for our anniversary. It is a beautiful setting. Dinner is overpriced for what you get, but lunch and breakfasts were great. My number one complaint was the mattress. There was a huge dip on one side of the king bed. I wondered how housekeeping didn't notice it...Lots to do in the area or you can do nothing and still enjoy the winery and the peaceful setting. Gorgeous flowers everywhere you walk.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple